Thread: couponing

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

couponing

Do you coupon? What do you think about the extreme couponers on tv? It's insane how much they get for free.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely refuse to do it. I hate the very idea of it.

"Bring this little piece of paper before this date and buy this specific set of objects for a slightly reduced price."

"Wow! That's a deal right?"

No. It's a hassle and I don't have the time or attention span to waste hunting for these "bargains." And I despise being behind the people who do it. They normally have several coupons and there's a high chance that some of them are out of date. Which then makes me wait even longer to checkout because they have to decide what to do now. I feel sorry for people who have to do this to survive, but I just can't stand it.

I know some who clip coupons, mostly girls. They are always asking me to save some magazine or newspaper for them. It seems to me the stuff they get for cheap is often really strange stuff you wouldn't normally buy.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

15+ Year Old Account
    No, it's not a thing here. I've gotta a few "10% off on a pizza" for some pizza places and stuff, but there's nothing like what the US has.

I have a friend who does extreme couponing, and it's absolutely insane. He takes what he needs and donates a lot of it though, so that's nice.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Coupons were one of the banes of my managerial existence, and because of the endless headaches that went with them, I don't use coupons, I just look for BOGO deals or 2/$5 type of sales.

I have a coupon app for various fast-food places on my phone, other than that they aren't really a thing in Germany.

I worked with someone who was an "extreme couponer". My thoughts are she spent an immense amount of free time to get an excessive about of products she really didn't need.

8 bottle of mustard for $2.49? Wow, how useful.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Do you coupon? What do you think about the extreme couponers on tv? It's insane how much they get for free.
    They get stuff for really cheap but it isn't practical most of the time. Unless you really need 100 bottles of mustard etc.

Deleted
    No. Not even sure if it works to do that here in Sweden. I have not seen a coupon in ages.

If something pops up when I'm about to get something sure, I won't hunt for it unless it's an online code, I'll google for 5 min then give up. It's not worth the effort if the time you spent searching matches the amount you save vs what you get paid. If I save 5 bucks, I'm not spending 30 min searching for a code like some lunatics do (california minimum wage).

Usually what i see are 5-10% discount coupons of something, like 5% off of a movie ticket on a Tuesday or Wednesday at 14:00 screenings when nobody goes to the movies anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kjanaprik View Post
    Usually what i see are 5-10% discount coupons of something, like 5% off of a movie ticket on a Tuesday or Wednesday at 14:00 screenings when nobody goes to the movies anyway.
    Op is referring to a show where people use coupons combined with store sales to get food (usually condiments) really cheap or even free.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Absolutely refuse to do it. I hate the very idea of it.

"Bring this little piece of paper before this date and buy this specific set of objects for a slightly reduced price."

"Wow! That's a deal right?"

No. It's a hassle and I don't have the time or attention span to waste hunting for these "bargains." And I despise being behind the people who do it. They normally have several coupons and there's a high chance that some of them are out of date. Which then makes me wait even longer to checkout because they have to decide what to do now. I feel sorry for people who have to do this to survive, but I just can't stand it.
    Yep, the opportunity cost is too large for me to care about coupons. There's a select few that just "work", like the pizza coupons you just get with your pizza. Might as well save and use them, as I don't have to hunt for anything, really. Most of them, though, no thanks.

7+ Year Old Account
    Kroger sends me coupons once every few months. A huge stack of them. They are usually for things I buy. If I'm going to buy something there anyway...and I have a coupon for it, I'm certainly going to use it. I'm not going to go out of my way to look for coupons though.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Yep, the opportunity cost is too large for me to care about coupons. There's a select few that just "work", like the pizza coupons you just get with your pizza. Might as well save and use them, as I don't have to hunt for anything, really. Most of them, though, no thanks.
    Do you do shopping at a supermarket? If you do they save a lot of money.

When I was shopping at 'regular' grocery stores I was a constant sale shopper while not so much of a couponer. Mainly because the coupons would be on name brand stuff and it always cost more then the off brand thing that was the exact same thing. These days though I grocery shop exclusively at Aldi's and save even more money then when I shopped at the grocery store. Not to say my total isn't high at times since I usually artificially inflate my total cost with a few things (bag of chicken, cookware, etc).

I do it, pretty much only shop sales and use coupons on top of the sales. Otherwise would have to go with less, the coupon + BOGO on breadsticks means I get them=, otherwise I would not.

I have never seen anyone use foodstamps and coupons together, except once I gave some coupons I had to a friend's sister who had foodstamps, she would not use them again because you have to pay sales tax on the amount saved in cash.

15+ Year Old Account
    Coupons don't exist here... we used to have some mcdonalds/hesburger discount coupons when I was younger....
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    I do it, pretty much only shop sales and use coupons on top of the sales. Otherwise would have to go with less, the coupon + BOGO on breadsticks means I get them=, otherwise I would not.

I have never seen anyone use foodstamps and coupons together, except once I gave some coupons I had to a friend's sister who had foodstamps, she would not use them again because you have to pay sales tax on the amount saved in cash.
    They don't do this in NJ or at least I have never seen it.