Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Did one TW dungeon on 5 characters yesterday, just to get the quest item. Pit of Saron every single time, it's like the dungeon is guaranteed to be the first TW dungeon of the week for me. The dungeon was 10 times smoother as a dps or tank than it was as a healer, as a tank you can manage the bosses/trash properly and as a dps you can just blow everything up before everyone dies if you have the right gear, as a healer you're really just stuck relying on other people and it sucked big time.

Depends on how you define it. Certainly a lot of WoW players 'can't handle' someone messing up. But the only times I haven't completed a TW dungeon are when I am the one who gets frustrated with people messing up (I'm only human) so I quit and one time when I was kicked for voting against kicking somebody else.

Deleted
    I've been doing a lot of timewalking the past few days, and I'm either extremely unlucky, or the tuning is somehow off. The damage spikes are massive, tanks go from 100 to 20% in 1 or 2 seconds, dps takes constant damage. As a holy paladin I am forced to spam flash of light because there simply isn't time enough to cast holy light O.o All in all my experience so far has been stressful and thoroughly un-fun...

All that said, there have been 1 or 2 groups where the tank was pretty decent and managed to mitigate much of the damage, but that's rare.

They're basically just heroic dungeons...things die instantly.

The first day was awesome for me, just amazing groups for all 60 bosses I did that day but now it's just horrible. The trash fights are so intense, I honestly think I'm ready for challenge mode dungeons.

So if anyone is looking for a resto druid in almost full BiS CM gear hmu. I'm on US.

Tanked Spider Stairs the other day and got absolutely obliterated at least twice right off the bat. Turns out you're tuned so far down that even with bonus armor and a weapon that actually has bonus armor as its single stat (Kiril the Embiggener from Deathwing), brewmaster still has like 31.98% armor rating and my mastery went from ~12% at 100 to <7% while Timewalking which coupled with the hugeass drop in armor rating, and the fact that Brewmaster lost 15% parry going into WoD to start with, oh and having even lower dodge after being scaled down... yeah, couldn't just pull two packs and expect them to liquify before my 5s stun fell off.

Also, those magic damage spiders before the first boss are hilariously CC-dependent. It's almost beautiful how much harder they are to tank without interrupts than an actual raid boss.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

WHy would you tank them without interrupts?
    As Brewmaster you've got an interupt, aoe stun, and BoF interupt. The SPiders should be dead before they ever get a cast off.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Usually I don´t encounter any problems in the time walker dungeons. Then again, I am the tank since bc and know most important mechanics (like those pesky spider mages in ahn kahet, that almost one-shot you with a cast). People still know how to focus enemies marked with a skull. CC is not really needed in those dungeons. However, call me vile, I will try to remove people, who are underperforming vastly. Chainpulling hunters, people, who have no controle about spreading their damage or how to avoid trash groups by not going right across a room. Usually that works. Perhaps you should try that OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    I have encountered great groups and shitty groups, both as dps and tank (I don't play healers). Most groups can't for the life of me dodge mobs, causing unecessary body pulls, or look behind them for patrols. As a tank, I even had a healer that wanted to know why i was going out of LoS on top of slopes in Ahn'khanet (were the mobs were) and not stayed on slope (where there were no mobs to tank or eggs to click). I find resto druids generally incapable of properly healing in timewalking dungeons, though.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Occulus was never hard, infact it was one of the fastest runs you could do since it was so easy

- - - Updated - - -

And that is due to that most timewalking dungeons are so undertuned that proper game play never has to enter the arena so to speak
    Ha.
    HAHAHAHAHA

oh those rose tinted glasses. Occulus had to be nerfed multiple times AND have a separate reward added to it and people would STILL leave the moment they zoned in. even Halls of reflection I don't remember losing players at THAT high of a rate.

it was hard in part because it was gimmicky as fuck. they nerfed it so it was possible to finish even only one or 2 people knew what the hell to do with the drakes, but originally.. if all 5 weren't on the ball? wipes. wipes everywhere.

edited to add. tanks take extremely spikey damage in all of the time walking dungeons. the good news is that mana becomes a non issue as well, so heal spamming is possible. bad news, if hey are not on the ball when it comes to self healing/active mitigation? I have actualy had pulls become EASIER once the tank died and mobs were split between the dps instead of focusing on a single person.

Wrath dungeons were spikey even at level, but timewalking did something that made them even spikier.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2016-01-09 at 03:42 AM.

Deleted
    I'm a recent returnee to WOW (last week in fact) with my main being a disc priest (il671) and an alt being a legion purchase boosted shaman (healer il640) and I've been doing the TW week, for the first time.

I certainly don't find them impossible, I've had no wipes. But players are ignorant of basic tactics. Example: HoL, towards the end when the small mobs do a 360degree spinning aoe that'll kill anything... do the melee move? nope. But honestly, I don't even try, I let them die. I keep the tank up, that's it. I've also never been called out for this, I think (generally) people realise when they've screwed up and are beyond hope - or maybe I've just been lucky. And yes, some pulls - especially if over pulled (thinking 4xspider mobs in Old Kingdom) are just impossible to heal as there's too much damage.

But I have noticed that if the tank goes down, I'm still able to keep a dps or two up to prevent a wipe.

Mana, however, is never an issue. I seem to have a rough 24k mana and I've never gone under 20k, even spamming as fast as possible (which isn't always enough)

7+ Year Old Account
    True though about what ur saying... most tanks are fucking idiots and have no idea about what they're doing. They think just cause i'm in a tank spec I don't have to do shit, just pull and let mobs hit me, and then not caring... Personally I think they are really easy, as i'm always healing them as Elemental on my Shaman. Looong time since I actually went resto for a dungeon.....which kinda sucks, and should also tell u something about their tuning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Modern Wow breeds imbeciles thats all i will say. not many good players left...
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

Weren't people complaining that TW dungeons were too easy when they came out and that they were nothing like what they really were back in the "good old days"?
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Oculus was the opposite. It was still faceroll-level easy, it was just ANNOYING with the drakes. HoR was slightly annoying, but moreso coordinated and challenging.
    Damn, I never got that vibe. Oculus was easy and simple, and the drakes were a completly AWESOME addition to it. It was easy to use them, you knew where to fly them at what point, and the last fight could vary in difficulty depending on the combo you chose. I know some people couldn't grasp the idea of "I have different buttons now", but never had a problem where that could cause a group to completly fall apart. Easily one of my favourite dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Keadin84 View Post
    I've been doing a lot of timewalking the past few days, and I'm either extremely unlucky, or the tuning is somehow off. The damage spikes are massive, tanks go from 100 to 20% in 1 or 2 seconds, dps takes constant damage. As a holy paladin I am forced to spam flash of light because there simply isn't time enough to cast holy light O.o All in all my experience so far has been stressful and thoroughly un-fun...

All that said, there have been 1 or 2 groups where the tank was pretty decent and managed to mitigate much of the damage, but that's rare.
    I respecced my resto druid to guardian just because of timewalking, hots are nearly useless with a bad tank, I was constantly spamming regrowth.
    Now as guardian I often outheal the healers and have no troubles staying alive.

Farming the mount and badges as a healer would drive me insane. in Pit of Saron tank pulling the 2 groups after ick&krick and no one interrupting or stunning anything? Fucking amazing.

Just do yourself a favor and tank them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    After trying to heal 5 timewalking dungeons this morning I gave up out of frustration.
    I have to pop burst heal CD's on TRASH just to help us survive because people don't understand even the very basics of running a proper dungeon.

Running Timewalking Dungeons on a healer is appearently about educating the Tank and the DPS how an actual "challenging" dungeon should be played.
    Dps standing in front of mobs, Ranged standing in melee range of mobs (?), Tanks pulling everything they see and not face enemies away from the group, etc. etc.

Timewalking dungeons aren't overtuned and very doable, even in a respactable pace without having to worry about wipes. But I don't think that the current playerbase can handle this very well at all...
    Guess I'll just farm on a dps again just to avoid the frustration of being the only one in the group that works his butt off (aka healer) >.>
    Not trying to be a prick here, but maybe its the healer, you said "I'll just farm on a dps again just to avoid the frustration" then obviously its healable.

Back to your gripe, when you hand deliver easy ass 5 mans to people for years, you cant expect them to know to "not stand in the fire"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by geist0r View Post
    When I healed, I got grouped with tanks that would get globaled by a single group if I missed even one GCD spamming Flash of Light.
    When I tanked, I died every time I made a daring pull I couldn't quite solo, or came very close to it while burning all CDs.

I can only imagine the wipefest that happens when the tanks I heal and the healers that heal me get grouped together without me boosting them.

I'm just "soloing" these dungeons at a relatively quick but cautious pace with 4 players I treat as if they were on autofollow until my timereaver drops. Counting on your group to help out with heal, dispels, CDs, interrupts, stuns etc. will just get you killed more often than not. Glad those months upon months of farming BiS gear turned out not being a waste of time.
    This made me smile. You are a god sir, what would wow ever do with out players like you!

I was healing a group today in UP, King Ymron. During a stun (and I don't remember what boat it was), the melee all died, the tank dipped, and I was called a bad healer.

Did I miss a mechanic? I don't remember that ever happening, but it did and now I'm second guessing myself.

Deleted
    It's all down to the group you get. Had a DK tank the other day in Ahn'Kahet Control Undead a Spellflinger at the start of the instance and he managed to keep it right to the very end, contributing some hilarious damage along the way. Ran it today with a bunch of scrubs who managed to get us killed 2 times before the first boss - and then once again on the boss itself.

Quote Originally Posted by zenyatta View Post
    I was healing a group today in UP, King Ymron. During a stun (and I don't remember what boat it was), the melee all died, the tank dipped, and I was called a bad healer.

Did I miss a mechanic? I don't remember that ever happening, but it did and now I'm second guessing myself.
    Sounds like the Bane mechanic at work. Basically an pbaoe reflective shield.

I ran into this just yesterday. Monk tank, warrior tank and average dps. 705 healer scaled to whatever and I couldn't keep the bad monk/warrior tanks if they pulled an abomination in utgarde after being feared. The fact that we were being feared is another problem. you see I would mass dispel but someone would run into the abomination anyway and then the tanks would get like 3 shot. No one targeted properly and a couple dps was too busy trying to aoe things down. I stopped healing dps and focused on the tank who wouldn't use cds and died despite barrier, pain suppression, shield, penance and flash spam.

fuckin scrubs.

Then groups with decent tanks and dps and everything was simple even when pulling 3 packs inadvertently.

people are lazy.