Thread: [TV] Heroes

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    So I guess Tommy (Nathan) failed World History....70 billion people....really! I guess the writer's aren't too bright, or they said screw it no one will notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    So I guess Tommy (Nathan) failed World History....70 billion people....really! I guess the writer's aren't too bright, or they said screw it no one will notice.
    I thought I heard 70, but I also coughed and assumed I mishead with my noise.

Jebus, how did that slide through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

How can you really say that.... I mean the future world Erica has always been sending people too, that we've known about for a while was obviously there, and we all considered correctly that it didn't mean that they fail.

Remember:

1. There are possible futures - Hiro knows how to cross check for these and determine the certainty of a future and possibly figure how to change it, Nathan can't

2. Erica's actions ensure the catastrophe happens, they've all known this, Nathan and Melina are the one great hope to stop the catastrophe, to prevent that future.

3. Erica's actions are working directly against that. Erica doesn't believe in hope or faith, but hard facts - depending on Angela Petrelli's foresight and the possibility of saving the world is not worth the risk to her.

This is classic - faith vs facts
    Classic facts does not always = truth

For Erica the only certainty that humanity would survive, is if she executes her plan - "she likes humanity more than humans"
    Rather than bend all her efforts to ensure or try to ensure that everyone can be saved - she considers "hard facts" that the risk of no one being saved is greater.

She represents a classic argument today. Let me make real world parallel.

The Bible in the book The Revelation of Jesus Christ otherwise known as the Apocalypse, talks about a time of unprecedented trouble in the world that would lead to a sequence of terrible and world wide calamities of all manners but end in a world being saved - this is coming, and this marks the end of this world's current dispensation... but the prophecy reveals the return of the Jewish Messiah Jesus (Christ is merely the latin word for Messiah), that will return at mankinds darkest hour when His people, specifically Israel join the church in crying out for his return. It goes so far as to specifically tell you the sequence of events that will be happening when all of Israel will cry out for Jesus as their Messiah, to come. This will happen, and He will return at that point, rapture His church, and enter Jerusalem. It is here He will rescue Israel first and the world from the greatest tyrant and oppressor it has ever known, the man Christians refer to as the anti-Christ.

Where is the parallel? It's coming. Jesus accompanied by his saints, single-handedly cuts through the armies that have gathered at the battle of Megiddo otherwise known as Armageddon with their head the anti-Christ, he cuts through them and single handedly ends the anti-christ .. this dude (anti-christ) becomes so powerful - and I mean not just political, he's got supernatural power, the kind not used for good, he and his false prophet - which John refers to as "The Beast" and the second beast - are cut down by Jesus himself, and then they are directly thrown into the lake of fire.

The physical re-appearance of Jesus Christ on an open and very public manner, not private and 1-1 basis that was happening before, signifies a new change for the whole earth. Jesus Himself breaks all the nations allied with this evil and then with all those who stood up for good and righteousness, re-build the nations of the world and the broken environment.

The reason a Revelation is given, millennia in advance is to give hope to mankind, and anyone who comes to believe in God, that in the darkest hour, they should not give up hope, but have faith and press on, because even though it seems hopeless, Christ will rescue. They are encouraged to do good and not evil because the good they do will save the lives of many and spare them from the wrath of God if not the anti-christ's. God who will send a lot of devastation against the people completely given over to this evil.

Why so stark? It is a message not meant to scare people, but give them hope and faith in the ultimate triumph of good over evil in a battle that has been waged since the beginning and a fulfilling of the victory won at the crucifixion and subsequent resurrection of Jesus Christ, and to warn them on what is coming, so they don't give up... when these events happen, the fact that they were given thousands of years ago, should leave people in no doubt that God has spoken and that what He says is true, and God says many other things. most of them about helping and saving, and a lot of good stuff. your faith, or rather a Jewish/Christian's faith in these times is going to be sorely tested by the level of cruelty, despair and evil around them. In fact many join the deception of the anti-christ because they lose all hope of fighting - and you know people, if you can't beat em, they join em, even when the the them is evil..

So.. what do you fight for? and what do you stand against? Do you fight for good, fight for God with good and keep faith with this future that the world will be saved that has been foretold? or do you abandon it and "everyman for himself" resign yourself to it all ending.

It boils down to what you believe.
    In the case of Erica.. Erica believes herself and her plan, and refuses to put faith in Melina and Nathan via Angela's foretelling, that there is a chance for the world to be saved. A chance is not good enough for Erica, so she makes a "calculated" decision to "save" us or rather some people... and she coats it in the rhetoric "so humanity can survive".

My point? The destroyed future is not guaranteed, but it is certainly what will happen unless Nathan and Melina can save the world. They are the ones that can change that outcome. Dr Suresh was working on this I think. And he showed a way how Evo's could save the world.. but I think Erica twisted that and rather than getting Evo's to cooperate she instead forces them by capturing them and using their power. And when we see the future it also appears that Erica intends to use Evo's as technology to fuel non-evo activity.

The scary thing is that in our world today, their are many so called good people who would completely agree with Erica, and they would consider themselves good people and that course of action the right thing. They would use words like tough choices, and difficult decisions, but it's all a cop out for fear and not ultimately having faith in God or goodness and that there really is a real plan of salvation. They don't trust the message of salvation, in fact they don't trust anything they can't figure out or do themselves... they can't put their lives in anyone else's hands and if they have the power to do it, they will bend you to their will to achieve there ends.

They are not good people because they give monies to charities, or money to the city for public services. What makes a person good is inside, and it will show in things that come out, just because they haven't been arrested or have a criminal record and don't accost people doesn't mean they are not bad. And just because they give money to charities and make financial contributions or the efforts of their business improve technology doesn't mean they are good either.

Ultimately, you don't want people like that determining your life and making decisions for you. They are governed by their own self importance and their own knowledge and intelligence, but there far much more to life than what one person or a group of people can comprehend, so if you can only understand the limits of your abilities and believe absolutely in that, like Erica does, you will lead the majority of the world to destruction because if you succeed, you'd have killed off what was a chance for EVERYONE to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    -snip-
    Er, raven, I think you need some coffee. Feredir was commenting on Tommy's line "how are 70 billion people going to fit here" in regards to his tour around Gateway, believing intially that Erica meant to save everyone, cause that's what heroes do. However, Erica was quick to correct him, and that only some will be able to come.

However, the problem is not the message, but the content. They earth doesn't have 70 bil people today, it has 7. Can you imagine a world where there's 10x the number of people as today? Where would they all stay? most population is in china/india, can you immagine if they had 10x more? Would they all live in a secretly developed Africa in this Heroes Universe?

That's what we're poking at. The idea of 70 bil people, and how either the writers and actors are clueless to today's population, or they missed it, and didn't want a retake for cost/time (my opinion). Which is still dumb.
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

10+ Year Old Account
    and now i've heard that they're gonna have a break until like.. january? Even tho it's only 2-3 episodes left, can anyone confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    and now i've heard that they're gonna have a break until like.. january? Even tho it's only 2-3 episodes left, can anyone confirm this?
    Yes this is indeed true, I wish they would have just skipped Thanksgiving for obvious reasons, and then continued the final 3 episodes, instead we have to wait until Jan 7 2016.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    theres 3 episodes left and they're going on break. Fuck this, i thought it was a mini-series not a reboot. I just want this done with, the last few episodes have reminded me of when heroes jumped the shark the first time.
    Hi

I have a question:

When Noah came back to the present day after altering the events 1 year ago, how did Quentin know that Noah was from a timeline where he was his ally? He talks to him as if he's a friend (but secretly betraying him), but why would they have even BEEN there at that time? Noah never would have even MET Quentin under the same circumstances. They wouldn't have been on the mission to go there to rescue Quentin's sister, so what gives?

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    I have a question:

When Noah came back to the present day after altering the events 1 year ago, how did Quentin know that Noah was from a timeline where he was his ally? He talks to him as if he's a friend (but secretly betraying him), but why would they have even BEEN there at that time? Noah never would have even MET Quentin under the same circumstances. They wouldn't have been on the mission to go there to rescue Quentin's sister, so what gives?
    I was wondering this myself, seems like a major plot hole

I have a question:

Because really nothing changed. From the start Quentin was playing Noah, using his sister as the motivation behind it all. Everything that the time travel changed had already changed. Think of it as if Noah never went back in time and Quentin was lying to him the whole time.

Theres a bunch of different ways to handle time travel and in this instance they did the "everything future Noah did in the past already happened. (except the Haitian wasn't killed)"

im just waiting for peter pan to round up his lost boys and cause some trouble
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Jamber... I dropped a slice of pizza due to reading your sig. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Because really nothing changed. From the start Quentin was playing Noah, using his sister as the motivation behind it all. Everything that the time travel changed had already changed. Think of it as if Noah never went back in time and Quentin was lying to him the whole time.

Theres a bunch of different ways to handle time travel and in this instance they did the "everything future Noah did in the past already happened. (except the Haitian wasn't killed)"
    Weren't there things Quentin originally did or said out of view of Noah to indicate that he was not on Erica's side? I can't remember every detail, but I find it hard to believe they were consistent on this.

Though it could be argued that it DID change, so those scenes are nullified. Though I find the idea that he deceived Noah for this long to be very questionable. He's kind of a tard, and Noah is very, very good at finding out when someone has ulterior motives.

Also, I still haven't figured out why Molly hated Noah in the original timeline.

This show has bitten the dust yet again!

10+ Year Old Account
    This show has bitten the dust yet again!
    They've not renewed it? Not surprised this miniseries has been pretty dire.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Anyone else feel that Reborn was mediocre

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Weren't there things Quentin originally did or said out of view of Noah to indicate that he was not on Erica's side? I can't remember every detail, but I find it hard to believe they were consistent on this.

Though it could be argued that it DID change, so those scenes are nullified. Though I find the idea that he deceived Noah for this long to be very questionable. He's kind of a tard, and Noah is very, very good at finding out when someone has ulterior motives.

Also, I still haven't figured out why Molly hated Noah in the original timeline.
    I think because he was helping Ranatas

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BigAssBoy View Post
    Anyone else feel that Reborn was mediocre
    I liked it, wasnt as good as series one of Heroes but I hope it continues. they left enough breadcrumbs for a second season..... I wanna know who Luke and Malina's father is. could be Sylar.....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I liked it, wasnt as good as series one of Heroes but I hope it continues. they left enough breadcrumbs for a second season.....
    It was cancelled.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I wanna know who Luke and Malina's father is. could be Sylar.....
    I mean, besides the fact it'd make no sense for Claire to have babies with Sylar.

Anyway, it was canned again, so...

15+ Year Old Account
    FeelsBadMan I was hoping for another season
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla