Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Blizzard should abandon everything bar raiding and dungeons!

I believe raiding is the single most important aspect of WoW. Sure vanilla lured a lot people in cause of the franchise's strengh and the fact that MMOs were new for most players. But raiding is what kept WoW going strong in the following years. And then they lost a lot of people cause of content droughts.

If they abandoned everything except raiding and dungeons there wouldn't be any content draughts. Stop making a new content every addon and leveling zones that is just not worth the time and effort. The questing experience is a chore for most people and done much better in any singleplayer rpg (mass effect, dragon age, witcher, kotor, etc.).

Emphasize the multiplayer aspects of this game. Multiplayer content is the future (see Mobas), very mediocre fake singleplayer content (kill 20 boars, collect 30 teeth) is the past and won't be tolerated any longer. Group content (primarily dungeons and raiding) is what made this game so successful.

Make WoW great again!

Quote Originally Posted by Koenigstiger View Post
    I believe raiding is the single most important aspect of WoW. Sure vanilla lured a lot people in cause of the franchise's strengh and the fact that MMOs were new for most players. But raiding is what kept WoW going strong in the following years. And then they lost a lot of people cause of content droughts.

If they abandoned everything except raiding and dungeons there wouldn't be any content draughts. Stop making a new content every addon and leveling zones that is just not worth the time and effort. The questing experience is a chore for most people and done much better in any singleplayer rpg (mass effect, dragon age, witcher, kotor, etc.).

Emphasize the multiplayer aspects of this game. Multiplayer content is the future (see Mobas), very mediocre fake singleplayer content (kill 20 boars, collect 30 teeth) is the past and won't be tolerated any longer. Group content (primarily dungeons and raiding) is what made this game so successful.

Make WoW great again!

You do realize that non raiders are the largest chunk of the player base and are the one responsible for keeping WoW as big as it is? Pre LFR raiding hit it's peak in WotLK with around 30% stepping inside at leas 10m and 10m normal raids. Even then the non raiding population was 70% of the game. While I would still play if the game were only raids, the vast majority would not.

10+ Year Old Account
    And here I thought I enjoyed the game for what I believed to be fun.. how wrong I've been all these years thank god for people like you telling me what and how to play!!

Don't like raiding or dungeons? F*** off to another game!

Nothing to do between raiding and dungeons? TOUGH SHIT!

Shame on you Blizz for making other content..
    Last edited by Sanguinerd; 2016-02-10 at 11:54 AM.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

I play the game mostly for the leveling experience and the story, the exploration of new zones and new quests etc.
    The dungeons and raids can go munch a pair of nuts for all I care.

OP, I wouldn't want to play the game you are describing. The PVP community might not like it either at a guess.

It's an extremely silly assumption that of all things, raiding was what "kept WoW going strong". You're delusional if you really believe that. Raiding is something that outsider dweebs in Dark Age of Camelot or Everquest would do in 2001. That's the roots of the whole thing. It's like LARPing or something - like, what the hell are these guys doing. It's an obscure nerd thing that a certain type of people would commit their lives to, but nothing a normal person in their right mind would really want to do. Especially not today.

While I agree raiding is (and always has been) the focus and best PvE endgame available, it's not what *makes* WoW.

The thing that captured players in the first place was playing in a living, breathing world, not just the endgame.

While yes, times have changed, and most people spend a lot more time with endgame activity than anything else, the sense of community and world is still important imo, even thogh WoD's system already hurt it pretty bad.

Raiding might be what keeps a lot of people subbed for huge periods of time with no much new content, it's defenitely the most re-usable content (considering a lot of people will repeat it a lot of times) - But it's the world, questing and community that for me and I'm sure many others keep the love for the Warcraft universe alive. It's what makes a new expansion or big new patches so exciting. Not because we get more endgame content to run, but because we get to explore a bit more of Warcraft.

You need "singleplayer" content to introduce story and lore to give meaning to dungeons and raids.

Is an arcade dungeons+raiding game possible? Yes, defenitely. Is it what WoW is or should be? Don't think so.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2016-02-10 at 12:05 PM.

An MMO is an immersion game. It should have 3 parts:

1. PvE
    2. PvP
    3. Leveling

It should also be social.

In vanilla wow, all three aspects were fairly well represented.

1. PvE - raiding, which required many hours of time, also farming mats in the game world, quite immersive.
    2. PvP - honor ranks, which required many hours of time, and building PvP guilds to do it efficiently, plus farming mats in the game world, quite immersive and its own separate and valid prograssion path.
    3. Leveling - 1-60 wasn't a quick trip for most. And yet even tho it was solo play, it was quite social too thanks to global chat. You could listen to global chat to interact with people and get to know your server while you leveled, plus listen for groups forming for 5 mans or raids you wanted (either on that toon or another one).

THAT was a lot to do.

Today:

1. PvE - raiding still gets lots of love from the devs.
    2. PvP - they turned this into a minigame, something you might spend an hour on per week to progress.
    3. leveling - free level 90, insanely high xp rates if you bother to level, global chat stripped so you cant talk to anyone leaving you bored as hell, worthless.

WoW is a shell of itself.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

They already pretty much abandoned everything besides raiding plus some starter content at the beginning of each addon.

It works so great!!! Yeah! A couple millions left, but what do these idiots know...

7+ Year Old Account
    if they abandon everything except raids and dungeons you can say bye bye to wow.

Formerly known as Arafal

I mostly just did PVP in WoD. I had one toon that did "real" leveling, most of the rest just got XP from garrison missions or AV/IoC (kill farming reasons, if I only feel like doing 2-3 BGs a day, these two have the highest potential kill opportunities in the leveling brackets). I couldn't really tell you the names of most dungeon or raid bosses, I did clear everything in LFR and I'm pretty ok with having done that.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    It would make more financial sense to abandon raiding.

I don't think that would be a very wise decision.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I mostly just did PVP in WoD. I had one toon that did "real" leveling, most of the rest just got XP from garrison missions or AV/IoC (kill farming reasons, if I only feel like doing 2-3 BGs a day, these two have the highest potential kill opportunities in the leveling brackets). I couldn't really tell you the names of most dungeon or raid bosses, I did clear everything in LFR and I'm pretty ok with having done that.
    Almost the same for me. According to OP, that means we're unworthy of WoW

I don't actually think that many people enjoy raiding to be honest, not organized raiding at least. The largest chunk of the player base probably just want to log in a few hours here and there and queue up for some dungeons or do some grinding out in the world on their own for <insert reward here>. None of which were supported endgame progression paths in most of WOD.

10+ Year Old Account
    abandoning everything bar raiding & dungeons is really dumb. you are cutting off alot of people from the game. makes no financial sense and would result in a smaller world with less people. its a stupid idea!
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koenigstiger View Post
    I believe raiding is the single most important aspect of WoW.
    And so do the current crop of developers at blizzard. And so did every wow clone. Look how well that belief has turned out...

I can make my words bold too!

Deleted
    Well they abandoned everything except raiding in WoD and you can see how that turned out...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    abandoning everything bar raiding & dungeons is really dumb. you are cutting off alot of people from the game. makes no financial sense and would result in a smaller world with less people. its a stupid idea!
    Since they've basically already abandoned everything except raids I'm not sure how many more they could lose. Actually come to think of it how different is the ops suggestion from the current gamr? Not much...

i think people should abandon this thread

and go to any number of other currently active threads on this topic