Shaman artifacts

hi guys, nice to be here. altought I have been playing WoW for a while this is my very first post here.
    I usually play paladin and shaman (main alt) and I have been very excited with upcoming LEGION and the changes it will introduce to the game.
    forgive me if the topic has already been discussed previously, but I would like to know if anyone else is pissed off with Blizzard policy about shamans'weapon availability ?
    I mean, I usually play Enhancment/Elemental specc and I am tired to have my caster specc use FIST WEAPON while my melle one is forced to use WEAPONS..... FIST WEAPONS are born to be used in melee, not for caster.
    I look forward to read other players' mind on the subject....

Spell caster Shamans in Warcraft 3 used fist weapons, it is a callback to that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, while not very common, caster fist weapons have been popping up here and there in the game since 3.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Also, while not very common, caster fist weapons have been popping up here and there in the game since 3.0.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=39763/wraith-strike is the only fist weapon with intellect OR spellpower according to wowhead's database that was implemented PRIOR to MoP. I'm also miffed at elemental's fist weapon artifact choice by Blizz.

I get that Blizz wants to have this "class fantasy" business, but for 4 expansions fist weapons weren't a part of or an option for ele shaman (aside from wraith strike). If nothing else, allow fist weapons to be transmogged into other 1 handed weapons, as elemental shaman for multiple expansions a) aren't used to using fist weapons in their look and b) haven't even had the option prior to MoP aside from the anomaly that was Wraith Strike.
    Last edited by medievalman1; 2016-02-13 at 05:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=39763/wraith-strike is the only fist weapon with intellect OR spellpower according to wowhead's database that was implemented PRIOR to MoP.
    Well I did say they weren't common. Actually it looks like the vast majority were added in WoD, interestingly. Trying to get more people used to them, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Yesh, those were implemented in MoP, as were a few dozen caster fist weapons. Know what else came out then? Monks. Specifically Monk healers. My point of contention with forcing elemental shaman into using a fist caster weapon for an entire expansion is that elemental shaman players have not really had that kind of theme throughout WoW. 1 caster fist weapon in 4 expansions. A few dozen more caster fist weapons that released with and after Monks. Make mistweavers use the caster fist, not ele shaman. Or, again, the better solution-allow those of us who don't want to have a fist weapon transmog it into something else (just in case some aren't aware-fist weapons can currently ONLY be transmogged into other fist weapons).

Better yet, let's make Resto or Balance druids use the fist weapons instead, see if there's any push back with them.
    Last edited by medievalman1; 2016-02-13 at 07:15 PM.

I can see the complaint about the transmog restriction, but I dont understand how fists are any more of a weapon "born to be used in melee" than a mace, axe, dagger, or shield.

I dig the Fist Weapon. Fist Weapons on Shaman goes back pretty far to WC3 Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    I can see the complaint about the transmog restriction, but I dont understand how fists are any more of a weapon "born to be used in melee" than a mace, axe, dagger, or shield.
    question should be "How fists are any more of a weapon born to be used to cast spells"

Also, the Caster can't dual wield them so, imagine a caster with a fist weapon and a shield......... something you can't really look at !

Quote Originally Posted by alioshin View Post
    question should be "How fists are any more of a weapon born to be used to cast spells"
    They aren't more of a weapon to cast spells. They also aren't less of a weapon to cast spells. That's the important part.

Quote Originally Posted by alioshin View Post
    Also, the Caster can't dual wield them so, imagine a caster with a fist weapon and a shield......... something you can't really look at !
    I've imagined it and it looks good to me.

Hey OP, welcome to the chaos of MMO-C.

In case you weren't aware, the elemental shaman will be casting from the fist weapon now. It sticks to your hand during the casting animation of your race and glows blue and crackles with lightning when you cast lightning bolt and so forth. That is exciting to see, and the tech to make that happen with staves and such may not be ready yet.

What if you look at it as if the fist weapon is used to "enhance" your spells?

Personally I was hoping for a one-handed axe but first weapon was second on that list so I don't really mind. That said, I'm not a huge fan of any of currently known skin. I think WW look cooler.

But mainly I'm just glad elemental didn't get a dagger or some two-hander... ugh

The main reason we have not seen many spell-fist weapons before is obvious though.
    the 3 traditional casters Mages, Warlocks and Priests, can't use them

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm... Does this really mean we can't actually transmog to anything other than other fist weapons? Because that would suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    Hmm... Does this really mean we can't actually transmog to anything other than other fist weapons? Because that would suck.
    Yeah, fist weapons can only be transmogged to fist weapons.