Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    yep food and shelter is only for rich people. poor people should just find a hole and die according to de thoung.
    If you work 2-3 jobs and can't affford living then you are spending more than you have. xD

Quote Originally Posted by De thuong View Post
    If you work 2-3 jobs and can't affford living then you are spending more than you have. xD
    Again, you have no fucking clue what you are talking about. bread could be only working part time at a couple of those jobs and a weekend job. That might not even equal 40 hours a week.

You really don't know much about poverty...or working wages it seems.

Why not call them "lazy" instead of taking the time to understand.

hard to understand that someone in a non 3rd world country has tooth ache and does not see the dentist to geht it fixed because of money /insurance issues.

I really cannot understand how the Us-System works. -
    From what i understand, The health system reforms from Obama adress exaclty op`s problem: that he is not able to see a doctor when needed because of money /insurance issues.

Random German pov.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    $286..o hell no! (I prefer the $32/month that I used to pay)
    Unless it was a work plan or a scam that covered nothing, you weren't paying 32 a month for your personal health insurance.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I've been impacted by what the ACA has done to medical insurance rates.

Yeah it has been a lot better than it used to be with the massive rate increases we used to see before Obamacare came along. So we should enjoy the slower growth of the costs but really we can do better no doubt with a true public healthcare system . that will cut costs a lot more

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Unless it was a work plan or a scam that covered nothing, you weren't paying 32 a month for your personal health insurance.
    HMO...In-network plans are always inexpensive.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had silver coverage last year. This year it went to 900/month with a 3500/person deductible. Decided it was just better to pay 2.5% of my income next year and skip insurance. We found it's just easier to pay cash for when we go to the clinic. Items seem to be a lot cheaper when you say you have cash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    hard to understand that someone in a non 3rd world country has tooth ache and does not see the dentist to geht it fixed because of money /insurance issues.

I really cannot understand how the Us-System works. -
    From what i understand, The health system reforms from Obama adress exaclty op`s problem: that he is not able to see a doctor when needed because of money /insurance issues.

Random German pov.
    Medical insurance generally doesnt cover dental in the US anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Paid my taxes last week, owed mostly the ACA fine only, had to pay near the max amount this year.

During the time between preparing and paying I had some bad illness which I went through, and tooth pain. Thought was on my mind that I could get this fixed (even got estimate on the teeth) but that money needed to go towards my healthcare fine instead. Got annoying knowing I had priorities when I was wrapping a towel and belt around my head to lessen the pain so I could sleep.
    I had no major issues last year, just cuts I fixed myself.

So anyone else get a beating from the fines?
    Everyone did. If you dont have a decent group plan from your employer, or make 6 figures a year, insurance is too much. The ACA was touted as national healthcare, when in reality all they did was follow the model for car insurance-Make it a law to force everyone to have it. It's horeshit. There's no reason they couldnt take a couple hundred billion from the defense budget and nationalize healthcare. Not this trainwreck of a healthcare plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Again, you have no fucking clue what you are talking about. bread could be only working part time at a couple of those jobs and a weekend job. That might not even equal 40 hours a week.
    If rent is too high for you, share apartment with someone to split the rent?! How is this hard? xD Don't live beyond what you can afford.

If rent is too high for you, share apartment with someone to split the rent?! How is this hard? xD Don't live beyond what you can afford.
    You can't say that without knowing the entirety of the situation.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...yist-industry1

Obamacare architect leaves White House for pharmaceutical industry job

[QUOTE=Luxxor;39897413]Make it as high as you want. 10K, hell lets just say 50% of taxable income. Its not going to matter, the legislation has NO teeth. I dont know how many times I have to say it, unless you get a tax return they CANNOT force you to pay it.

I dare anyone to prove me wrong but its not going to happen.

[COLOR="#417394"][SIZE=1]

Luxxor, Plz stop telling ppl this crap. They can and will come after you for penalties and fines from healthcare act, I know this as fact and you telling others the opposite is just wrong, Stop giving bad advice that might cost others dearly. You do not know what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    How many people are in your family?

Unless you have 3 or 4 members, the rates I gave don't apply. The only way you don't get subsidized if you make 50K is if you are paying taxes and not covering anyone else. If you are a unit of two, 50k is under the 63k cutoff.

If you are a unit of 1 though, your individual premium is an average of $286 amonth. Far below a family plan. Again if you're not paying it, its because you choose not to. You can easily afford it on a 50k salary. And if all you wanted to cover was bare catastrophic coverage so you didn't get wiped out in the event of a severe illness or hardship, it's only around $150 a month. Again, easy to afford basic protection.
    He said 50k taxable, so his salary is probably closer to 78-80k. ACA is based on gross not taxable income. That salary level should be plenty to afford health insurance. Especially if he is only in his 30s and 40s.

I make $60 per month, the apartment I live in costs more than what I earn in a month in rent alone. I could not live here alone, I wouldn't try to live alone in this place with my pay.
    Missing a zero there?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Missing a zero there?
    If they live where it says they do in location, probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Missing a zero there?
    No, if I had $600 I would be more paid more than average earner. xD Could live really luxury life with $600.
    Last edited by Katie N; 2016-04-20 at 09:06 AM.

No, if I had $600 I would be more paid more than average earner. xD Could live really luxury life with $600.
    I wish I had luxuries with 600$. 850€ is barely enough to survive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.