Page 1 of 3
LastLast

omg twin emperors

I just lost 4 games in a row because of twin emperors...they are so fucking op omg! I dont give a shit about C'thun, but the fucking minions are just to strong in general...and fucking emperors are just godlike.

omg fuck

they have been hailed the new dr 7.

15+ Year Old Account
    They're strong, but not stronger than Boom (unless you were playing a face deck, in which case lol, eat a dick).

Any minion with at least 6/5 will be able to trade for both, where Boom would have killed that minion and lived. Eg Savannah Highmane - stronger than Twin Emps. Shieldbearer 2.0 - stronger than Twin Emps. Tirion - stronger.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    They're strong, but not stronger than Boom (unless you were playing a face deck, in which case lol, eat a dick).

Any minion with at least 6/5 will be able to trade for both, where Boom would have killed that minion and lived. Eg Savannah Highmane - stronger than Twin Emps. Shieldbearer 2.0 - stronger than Twin Emps. Tirion - stronger.
    6/5, right lord of the arena confirmed a good card in constructed /trollface.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    they have been hailed the new dr 7.
    I'd rather deal with this than a Shaman with http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Evolve

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I'd rather deal with this than a Shaman with http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Evolve
    evolve isn't that great with them playing minions with overload they will often get minions worse than the ones they played, only if the shaman manages to get value trades and have his minions at low hp is evolve a good ability, full health you risk losing the game, like a shaman did against me turned a minion into dreadscale, revenge cleared his board and he lost lol.

6/5, right lord of the arena confirmed a good card in constructed /trollface.jpg
    Make all the troll faces you like - I've actually been using Lord of the Arena to do exactly this. It might not be the best card around, but it does the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Make all the troll faces you like - I've actually been using Lord of the Arena to do exactly this. It might not be the best card around, but it does the trick.
    Kill spells are the better way to remove them.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

You would need two kill spells, or failing that a comination of removal spells and high enough damage ones. Going 2 or even 3 for 1 is a losing proposition. Lord of the Arena goes 1 for 1 with them and costs less mana.

You might, on occasions, have a board clear spell and something to give you enough extra spell damage to do the trick, but its not something you can really count on unless you're so far ahead you were just going to win anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    yeh and i play c'thun druid so 1 emperor+hero power leaves me a nice 4/6 and 6 more mana that turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    Kill spells are the better way to remove them.
    You need 2 kill spells to deal with 1 card, OR a single 6/5 card to deal with 2 cards. In most situations, the 6/5 is better, and Lord of the Arena is the cheapest taunt that gets the job done
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeh and i play c'thun druid so 1 emperor+hero power leaves me a nice 4/6 and 6 more mana that turn.
    And you also have 5 less health then you did before. Not always viable yea?

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    You need 2 kill spells to deal with 1 card, OR a single 6/5 card to deal with 2 cards. In most situations, the 6/5 is better, and Lord of the Arena is the cheapest taunt that gets the job done
    lol this is so retarded, no-one runs lord of the arena because it's a shit card, 5 hp taunt? omg impossible i'll trade both my 4/6's into it, seriously if a 6/5 is so fucking amazing why weren't people using it to counter combo druid with their 4/6 druids of the claw, oh yeh because lord of the arena is shit, it's only played in arena, you act like a 6/5 is the best thing since sliced bread lol, mage alone has like 10 ways to deal with a shitty 6/5.

- - - Updated - - -

And you also have 5 less health then you did before. Not always viable yea?
    yes it is because i have 12 points worth of taunt on the board lol, what rank are you, like 26? no legend streamers use lord of the arena, but i guess you're there farming them with it, oh wait no opponents they play use it either.

Lord of the Arena is shit, if you want to play suboptimal cards in your deck be my guest. You only need 1 kill spell because you obviously trade into the other Emp to clear it, anything other than Deathrattle Rogue/Hunter, Zoo or Murlocadin playing enough minions on the board to trade into both Emps is asking for a board clear to wipe them out.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why the hell are you all on about Lord Of The Arena? I said any minion WITH AT LEAST 6/5, of which there are several in the current meta.

It's a strong card, but the trade off is you have to play a bunch of C'thun buff cards to really get the benefit and most of those are suboptimal. So it's good but not Dr. Boom good(which was so universally powerful that it was used in basically every deck in the meta because you could just slam it turn 7 with no regards to how it synergized with your deck and it still wrecked face).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    It's a strong card, but the trade off is you have to play a bunch of C'thun buff cards to really get the benefit and most of those are suboptimal. So it's good but not Dr. Boom good(which was so universally powerful that it was used in basically every deck in the meta because you could just slam it turn 7 with no regards to how it synergized with your deck and it still wrecked face).
    Disciples and C'thuns Chosen are strong enough to use in many non-Cthun decks. Hell I even use 2 x Disciple in my Control Pally, perfect for fishing out annoying minions that are hiding behind taunts. Two of these four played early is enough to benefit Twin Emps.

Of course if you're playing Twin Emps then you're playing C'thun (as they won't proc without him) so you'll have a whole slew of buffs for him early. 10/10 is expected by turn 3 or at the latest unless you have the most godawful opening draw ever

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Why the hell are you all on about Lord Of The Arena? I said any minion WITH AT LEAST 6/5, of which there are several in the current meta.
    Lord of the Arena is the only one that forces the opponent to answer it with either a removal spell, or by slamming both emps into face (Providing that emps went on an empty board). Its basically the cheapest taunt that has the stats needed to kill both emps.

Never really found them all that much of a problem or c'thun decks in general, been farming them all the way to rank 10 now I don't see hardly any. Using a N'zoth pally btw.

Lord of the Arena is the only one that forces the opponent to answer it with either a removal spell, or by slamming both emps into face (Providing that emps went on an empty board). Its basically the cheapest taunt that has the stats needed to kill both emps.
    Or any ping with an emperor. Let's just run through the main 3:

All: Disciple of C'thun, if they have it and haven't played it this late

Druid: Hero Power, Wrath, Living roots if they really want to, but generally the first 2 are preferable. Yes, if they're behind veklor and 20+ health they aren't concerned about 6 damage to the face.
    Priest: Death, auchenai - you're best bet is hte lord here but if you haven't played any threatening 5+ they had to death yet then it's near guaranteed gone by now.
    Warrior: A million & 1 ways to do a bit of damage, there's a fair chance they won't even need to swing with a single emperor.

OT: I'm mainly playing a druid, so unless I have an overwhelming board yes I hate them.
    Last edited by Raiju; 2016-05-06 at 08:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."