Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    My gut is telling me I absolutely despise Arcane. I'm leveling 3 mages in Beta to see how each spec plays, I'm praying that I find a spec I enjoy
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

My gut is telling me that Blizzard will continue to adjust specs as the expansion rolls on.
    There is too much emphasis on artifact weapons to allow one spec to dominate or for a spec to be horribly undesirable.

Pick the spec that represents you as a player and continue to provide solid feedback on what works and what doesn't (don't limit feedback to beta).

Quote Originally Posted by Wakaranailol View Post
    I agree with Frost1129 comment but if you really want to know what my gut's feeling then it's feeling that Fire would be pretty insane in the first tier and then nerfed to the ground the next tier.
    Just in time for Arcane.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Well, I feel like Fire has lost the bad stuff that made it unattractive, you think it lost the redeeming qualities that outweighed Combustion being bad. I think it gained enough in replacement, you don't. I guess we have directly opposite opinions where each thinks that the very thing that the other thinks to be bad is good, and vice versa. Oh well, it was all off-topic anyway.

I think Arcane gonna be top tier.. again. The sheer amount of dps mechanics and utility is far outweighing other specs. Arcane even seems to be the best in AoE, so unless some serious tuning happens, it will be the go-to specialization.

As for Fire vs Frost. Hmm, probably Fire will be better at first, but Frost will catch up to it and surpass later into the expansion. Just a hunch though, not based on anything concrete.

If you think combustion was bad I dunno wtf to say to you. It is one of the most enjoyable cds in the entire game and the reason it was taken away was not because it was bad but because it was waay too good and scaled ridiculously well in aoe. Now combustion is a boring % dmg boost cooldown like every other dps cooldown in the game.

I like frost and arcane in legion but fire just got completely gutted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pyrostorm9001 View Post
    My gut is telling me that Blizzard will continue to adjust specs as the expansion rolls on.
    There is too much emphasis on artifact weapons to allow one spec to dominate or for a spec to be horribly undesirable.

Pick the spec that represents you as a player and continue to provide solid feedback on what works and what doesn't (don't limit feedback to beta).

Because in the 10+ years of wow, blizzard has successfully balanced the dps specs? Keep dreaming. At this point people just need to accept specs will never be perfectly balanced and i'm not convinced that sa bad thing either.
    Last edited by Synadrasa; 2016-05-17 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Synadrasa View Post
    If you think combustion was bad I dunno wtf to say to you. It is one of the most enjoyable cds in the entire game and the reason it was taken away was not because it was bad but because it was waay too good and scaled ridiculously well in aoe. Now combustion is a boring % dmg boost cooldown like every other dps cooldown in the game.
    It was only awesome if it was a great combust. if it wasn't it was just a fail ability.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    It was only awesome if it was a great combust. if it wasn't it was just a fail ability.
    Really wonder how you botch a combust in WoD. Maybe you could say it was slightly hard when we had to alter-time but that has been gone for a long time.

Really wonder how you botch a combust in WoD. Maybe you could say it was slightly hard when we had to alter-time but that has been gone for a long time.
    I don't think you understand what the community in wow is like anymore. Many of them botch just this simplest of things that makes combusting correctly rocket science.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Well, I feel like Fire has lost the bad stuff that made it unattractive, you think it lost the redeeming qualities that outweighed Combustion being bad. I think it gained enough in replacement, you don't. I guess we have directly opposite opinions where each thinks that the very thing that the other thinks to be bad is good, and vice versa. Oh well, it was all off-topic anyway.

I think Arcane gonna be top tier.. again. The sheer amount of dps mechanics and utility is far outweighing other specs. Arcane even seems to be the best in AoE, so unless some serious tuning happens, it will be the go-to specialization.

As for Fire vs Frost. Hmm, probably Fire will be better at first, but Frost will catch up to it and surpass later into the expansion. Just a hunch though, not based on anything concrete.
    Arcane has always been godly, blizzard doesn't really know what to do with us tbh. I gave up on any chance of fire being well rounded, nerf, band aid, nerf, band aid, nerf...you get the idea

Lower crit from gear throughout separate tiers will probably gut fire procs but leave it with a nice mastery cake for ignite whoring, but not by a wide margin (as with you, just a hunch), so yeah, frost will probably pull ahead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khali View Post
    On live you fire FB & Pyro! to stack ignite for Combustion dot, in Legion you fire FB and Pyro! for...blank damage and ignite, sure seems interesting. /s
    So you never really liked fire in its current iteration, hey guess what? Neither do most of us, but the legion alternative is worse as you have nothing to do other than spam procs and filler, no interaction with your dots, no control over your dots (when you can spread and explode living bomb back to back and watch the fireworks go off, it's pretty satisfying but that's not possible in legion.) So yeah, new expac and fire loses more than it gains, what it lost has not (imo) been replaced with something useful or anything really other than PX from artifact.
    What I think they should do to fire is take some things from firebirds set in D3.

Make ignite a 10 second DoT.
    Make ignite stack up to 5 times, at 5 stacks the DoT lasts until the target dies.
    Every add or target with ignite increases the damage of your non DoT damage by 5% (up to 4 times).
    Inferno blast should extend all current ignites in range and add one stack to it.

When ignite spreads to a target with ignite on it then it obviously should gain a stack and refresh duration on it's own.

-

Would be hard to balance in pvp or even execute, but it could be something to easily change the fire spec, without too much issues and have some kind of simple interaction and finally turn fire mages into a true pyromaniac spec that will make the world burn.

My guess would be arcane, not because of the DPS but because they will have more/better survival tools in raid. Starting with Greater Invis., such powerful utility Fire and Frost are denied.

Because in the 10+ years of wow, blizzard has successfully balanced the dps specs? Keep dreaming. At this point people just need to accept specs will never be perfectly balanced and i'm not convinced that sa bad thing either.
    I said Blizzard would continue to adjust specs as they always have since day one. No spec in the history of the game has stayed the same at launch.
    I never said anything about it being perfectly balanced, and im under no illusion that it will ever be possible. Not sure how you even arrived at that.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gallamann View Post
    My guess would be arcane, not because of the DPS but because they will have more/better survival tools in raid. Starting with Greater Invis., such powerful utility Fire and Frost are denied.
    Plus the buff to ice barrier
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    I fear all the changes killed the mage for me.

Fire seems to be sooo boring... I liked the old combustion, i liked the control over my dotspreading, i liked the old living bomb... An fire is my fav. specc. I'm ok with maining arcane / frost for progress, but i always switched back to fire when progress was over and enjoyed it (just as in hfc). But in legion it seems to be unplayable for me.

For me, other speccs like ele-shaman and shadow-priest seem far more interesting. gonna roll shadow/disc as it seems now... Gonna miss my mage :-(

going to be playing a mage this xpac from what ive seen they all look pretty fun and ive always enjoyed fire so i hope that turns out really good

From a raiding perspective, with the way artifact power grind works it will be really important to pick the spec that performs well in all scenarios (single, aoe, cleave). That requires analyzing boss fights in tier1 raids more than anything else.
    It would also be good to know which spec "scales" best on farm, to make farm more interesting. By scaling I mean getiing better with shorter kill times = highest burst.

Deleted
    Is it normal to see so many disliking their spec before a expansion launch? I never checked MMO-champ as much as I do now but I feel kind of dissatisfied with most of my classes/specs in a PvP perspective and I see that a lot as well on the forums. I'm really curious if this is just a normal thing before a expansion or that its really pretty bad right now.

Most likely attempt to like Arcane's playstyle after years of being spec'ed fire or literally jump ship to Demo Warlock for a fun spec.

Deleted
    My gut is telling me that Trollpatroll will stay at lvl 90, frost will be good at the start, fire will be insane for AoE later but then nerfed, everyone is arcane at the start of final tier and at the end fire catches up on AoE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khali View Post
    I gave up on any chance of fire being well rounded, nerf, band aid, nerf, band aid, nerf...you get the idea
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    My gut is telling me that [..] fire will be insane for AoE later but then nerfed
    How does any of you reach that conclusion? The spec has been targeted to do lower and saner AOE by removing Combustion entirely as it was and replacing it with a completely unrelated CD with the same name that does not help on AOE directly, among other changes like Living Bomb being lower or more sustained AOE now. It makes sense that Blizzard does those designs across the entire game because in Legion at least the min-maxers will be locked to the same spec for a while and that means all specs must be able to be viable at everything and not overpowered at anything (because if something is overpowered at AOE, it can't be regular at single target).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    How does any of you reach that conclusion? The spec has been targeted to do lower and saner AOE by removing Combustion entirely as it was and replacing it with a completely unrelated CD with the same name that does not help on AOE directly, among other changes like Living Bomb being lower or more sustained AOE now. It makes sense that Blizzard does those designs across the entire game because in Legion at least the min-maxers will be locked to the same spec for a while and that means all specs must be able to be viable at everything and not overpowered at anything (because if something is overpowered at AOE, it can't be regular at single target).
    It's my gut bro, don't tell it what to think