Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by modernist View Post
    hehe, this looks like it was based on mine:
    Yep yep, when I first saw your UI posted, I loved the simplicity of it and the how you did the expanding map. Didn't know how to do that, so I just supplemented it with CD's and skada.

My second attempt, I keep learning a lot, for example that anchoring and parenting can cause a issues with the shape of what you make, at least it did that for me.

For legion I have to add some more '' burning legion '' art that I might find in the expansion, but so far I am quite happy with my first attempt.

No art.

Out of combat.

In combat

(PS how do some of you make thumbnails like http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post40381165 )
    Last edited by Jin; 2016-05-18 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    (PS how do some of you make thumbnails like http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post40381165 )
    There is a Imgur Guide in the first post
    <Prepull> Frostmane EU
    Monk
    DK
    YouTube
    Twitch

I don't know of a specific alternative, but the font really looks out of place.
    Plus you should consider removal of some of your titan panel data.
    The location is largely redundant due to the minimap text, the levelling information is of questionable value during levelling, and completely useless after it.
    More noticeable on your buffs is that their default rounded corners look would be better replaced by something more square in my view, given the angular edges in the artwork.
    Perhaps some Masque Skin to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I don't know of a specific alternative, but the font really looks out of place.
    Plus you should consider removal of some of your titan panel data.
    The location is largely redundant due to the minimap text, the levelling information is of questionable value during levelling, and completely useless after it.
    More noticeable on your buffs is that their default rounded corners look would be better replaced by something more square in my view, given the angular edges in the artwork.
    Perhaps some Masque Skin to do that.
    Nothing positive? xD I haven't actually done the buff bar, due to the dynamic nature, I haven't tried if parenting the bar would make it grow with it when more buffs are applied.

Its true about the titan bar information could be a lot less, but so would the artwork be then, it might be more of a filler then anything else. Keep in mind, first attempt :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirvallah View Post
    Back to WoW ! New rigg, i'll (maybe) rework on it !

Nothing positive? xD I haven't actually done the buff bar, due to the dynamic nature, I haven't tried if parenting the bar would make it grow with it when more buffs are applied.

Its true about the titan bar information could be a lot less, but so would the artwork be then, it might be more of a filler then anything else. Keep in mind, first attempt :P
    I can't criticise it in any major way, just what are arguably very subjective largely aesthetic opinions.
    The artwork comes across well in my view, hence why I think that other elements could be adjusted to compliment it more.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

My second attempt, I keep learning a lot, for example that anchoring and parenting can cause a issues with the shape of what you make, at least it did that for me.

For legion I have to add some more '' burning legion '' art that I might find in the expansion, but so far I am quite happy with my first attempt.
    So fot the first attempt and given how much you had to learn about how to import graphics, this looks very good. The font imho doesn't fit, the minimap probably looks better with less lines. But, the top bar and bottom area look good.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I can't criticise it in any major way, just what are arguably very subjective largely aesthetic opinions.
    The artwork comes across well in my view, hence why I think that other elements could be adjusted to compliment it more.
    Cheers, that is something positive! And yes, opinions, criticise things should always be done! Otherwise one cannot improve.

Quote Originally Posted by InfusOnWoW View Post
    So fot the first attempt and given how much you had to learn about how to import graphics, this looks very good. The font imho doesn't fit, the minimap probably looks better with less lines. But, the top bar and bottom area look good.
    I got a lot of plans for legion to do things different, one of which will be the font hehe, everything else I had options for felt so 'basic'. The minimap will get more fadings with the lines, something the other elements do have ( previous 'version', the one I started with didnt have it either, so it was very 'holy shit thats bright in dark areas'. ). I will also parent/anchor a lot of elements and then build my art around it being locked, I hope I would then get some more art fixed better. At the moment player/target etc is all stretched to fit because doing the two things made the art go bonkers instead of staying true to what I made in 512x512 canvas.

And in the very far away future I will have a drawing tablet, then I can make better and more complex art!

Quote Originally Posted by modernist View Post
    I really like this. If this would be nearly bug free ... I would customize the sh*t out of it.
    oh, honey.

I got a question, can I add more fonts to the game that are used/shared by all (or almost all ) addons?I noticed SuF, Prat, TitanPanel,Sexymap share the same fonts, but I'd like to add more. Just dunno where or how.

http://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/libsharedmedia-3-0

Go to World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\SharedMedia and read the INSTRUCTIONS for MyMedia.txt

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    I really like this. If this would be nearly bug free ... I would customize the sh*t out of it.
    its most of the way there iirc. i'l send you the files when i next see you on

10+ Year Old Account
    snip
    I like this, but it is missing something. Not sure what it is though. Chat border perhaps? Unique font maybe? Unit frame textures seem out of place for it as well.

Has some potential for sure Would love to see what you do with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Possessed View Post
    I like this, but it is missing something. Not sure what it is though. Chat border perhaps? Unique font maybe? Unit frame textures seem out of place for it as well.

Has some potential for sure Would love to see what you do with this.
    Unit frame texture is indeed horrible, it made it worse with the way anchoring worked out, fonts will come, thanks to Urtgard, Chat border is present, it has a Alpha texture and black/fel green borders to it, but a border border hmm, I don't know if I got room. (times like these I was I had a 1440p monitor!)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Urtgard View Post
    http://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/libsharedmedia-3-0

Go to World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\SharedMedia and read the INSTRUCTIONS for MyMedia.txt
    I installed the addon, there is no SharedMedia, did you mean LibD :\World of Warcraft\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\LibSharedMedia-3.0 ?

There are no instructions to follow there, no MyMedia.txt, just .lua's.

So I started to make a gw2 inspired ui for a friend. This is in a very early stage and most of the art is probably gonna go thru photoshop more then one time before im satisfied. Some classe get special effects (like bestial wrath, stealth and 40 burning embers).

My goal is to have it done and ready for legion so I guess I have the pre patch on me to redo all the resources for many classes! =P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deshi View Post
    So I started to make a gw2 inspired ui for a friend. This is in a very early stage and most of the art is probably gonna go thru photoshop more then one time before im satisfied. Some classe get special effects (like bestial wrath, stealth and 40 burning embers).

My goal is to have it done and ready for legion so I guess I have the pre patch on me to redo all the resources for many classes! =P

I'll take this

But seriously, this is a very polished UI, even though I've seen plenty of Guild Wars 2 inspired designs, I like your take on it, especially on the customization on a class/spec basis. Looking forward to seeing a download link to actually test this myself.

Looks awesome mate =) Could you perhaps share your buff bar? Or a hint

very solid!

Looks awesome mate =) Could you perhaps share your buff bar? Or a hint
    HEy thx =)! My buff bar is raven. I use bar instead of timers with custom colors! You can set it up in 5 min after downloaded the addon!