Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    No. Fake dinosaur bones were buried in the ground as a test by Gaben to see if humans were ready for Half Life 3, but clearly we still have idiotic children who see the bones in museums and believe they are real.

We still have a long way to go before humanity is mature enough to handle HL3 and the first step is to stop believing in fake stuff like dinosaurs.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i dont think they did, im pretty sure they even used fake dinosaurs in Jurassic park
    That just reminded me of that picture that was circulating of What's-his-face standing next to the (dead?) dino, with the fake story next to it about him hunting it (it came out around the time I THINK that that one person shot that one animal that nobody cares about anymore) and people ACTUALLY THOUGHT that he was hunting dinosaurs.

I lost so much faith in humanity just from that one picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    In what way are they not? Many. Look at pictures.
    Okay.

According to you, this isn't a bird:

Nor is this:

Both of these animals (archaeopteryx and Confuciusornis, respectively) are accepted as being dinosaurs. (Of course, so are ALL birds in the eyes of paleontologists, but this helps illustrate the point more specifically.)

You're doing yourself a disservice by not describing what you feel makes birds not dinosaurs, because it makes me think you don't know what you're talking about. Plain and simple, what makes an animal a dinosaur and therefore not a bird? It can't be the lack of feathers, beaks, or the ability to fly, as any number of dinosaurs had these. What else is there? What did ALL dinosaurs have that birds do not?

It is believed that most birds descended from a particular group of feathered dinosaurs from the Jurassic period. Birds are now called birds the same way humans are called humans.
    There you go again with "most." It's not most, it's all.

Lions did not evolve from cats btw. Cats and lions are in the same family but they are a different genus and species.
    I don't mean cats as in "meow meow" house cats. I mean cats as in felids. And despite the visual differences between housecats and lions, they're both felids. Lions never stopped being felids, or house cats never stopped being felids, simply because one is large and the other is small.

Humans did not evolve from apes either. Apes isn't a species.
    "Dinosaur" isn't a species either. Tyrannosaurus Rex is a species. Triceratops Horridus is a species. "Dinosauria" is a clade. Which birds belong to.

It's a higher classification of old world, tailless primates. You're mixing apples and oranges and using very broad definitions.
    You're the one that seems to be unclear on classifications, here. All birds are dinosaurs. Not all dinosaurs are birds.

One could say humans are chickens because we both have two eyes, two legs and both poop. All life shares common DNA and ancestory but we have groups, families, species etc for a reason.
    You seem to be unclear on Monophyletic groupings, the accepted form of grouping animals by the afformentioned families, groups, and species as per phylogeny.

And your comparison of Chickens and humans sharing those traits actually strengthens my point. Both humans and chickens are tetrapods, are they not? They both have spinal columns and four limbs. Humans and chickens, despite their visual differences, never "stopped" being tetropods. Just as birds in general, despite their visual differences, never stopped being dinosaurs.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2016-07-28 at 03:58 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, first, "scientist" tell us there are dragons about. Then these "scientist" tell us dinosaurs are lizards. Then they tell us they are feathered. Can these "scientist" just admit they have no clue what they are talking about. We are to believe these things exist when even those who claim they exist, cannot even figure out the differance between a lizard and a bird? A chicken is a bird and your mom is a lizard... Easy...

/sarcasm
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    Which means absolutely nothing to you blindly following.
    You do realize that studying physics is essentially doing the exact opposite of blindly following right? RIGHT?

The progression of physics classes (at least, the fun ones with labs) are essentially you setting up and recreating a series of experiments that prove to you that what they're teaching you is true, so you don't have to take their word on it.

No, of course they didn't. The Mesozoic was a mass bacterial fever dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post

I don't mean cats as in "meow meow" house cats. I mean cats as in felids. And despite the visual differences between housecats and lions, they're both felids. Lions never stopped being felids, or house cats never stopped being felids, simply because one is large and the other is small.
    Taxonomy is weird, and leads people to make distinctions that aren't there with how it's taught in early classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftywrong View Post
    On the contrary, its quite easy to prove God doesnt exist -

1. If God exists, why did he create life to grow old and suffer with age? He either didnt have control of his creations, or he was wicked and cruel.
    2. If God exists, why did he create the situation where life needs to eat life to survive? He either didnt have control of his creations, or he was wicked and cruel.

If God didn't have control, he isnt God.
    If God is wicked and cruel, he isnt good.

The concept of God debunked in two easy sentences.
    Did you just finish your first day of Philosophy 101?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Taxonomy is weird, and leads people to make distinctions that aren't there with how it's taught in early classes.
    Early classes often stave off teaching monophyletic phylogeny because it's too "out there" for people to comprehend.

Some students casually taking biology classes don't like the notion that they are, essentially, a highly specialized form of fish.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eric Dubay covered this pretty well.

<snip>

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-07-28 at 04:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Did you just finish your first day of Philosophy 101?

- - - Updated - - -

Early classes often stave off teaching monophyletic phylogeny because it's too "out there" for people to comprehend.

Some students casually taking biology classes don't like the notion that they are, essentially, a highly specialized form of fish.
    Doing it this way feels like a major disservice. Like, why even address the missing link "problem." If people were actually taught correctly, it wouldn't be. Addressing that problem as if it were a an actual problem just gives it credence it shouldn't have. Saying "missing link" seriously just reveals ignorance, so I guess there's that.

- - - Updated - - -

Never studied philosophy.

I created those 2 sentences and logical conclusion of my own accord.

Never come across anybody who can debate against them yet either. Which reinforces how correct they are.

Want to try?
    Sure, your hidden premise: God has to be good.

As god doesn't have to be good to be god, your argument is shit.

Your other one: God is omnipotent.

As god doesn't have to be omnipotent to be god, your argument is shit.

Never studied philosophy.

I created those 2 sentences and logical conclusion of my own accord.

Never come across anybody who can debate against them yet either. Which reinforces how correct they are.

Want to try?
    You regurgitated an extremely common athiest appellation yet somehow made it stupider and cringier by trying to make it your own.

This is why you swapped to an alternate account. 4 Trolling.

oh jesus not this shit again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    You do realize that studying physics is essentially doing the exact opposite of blindly following right? RIGHT?

The progression of physics classes (at least, the fun ones with labs) are essentially you setting up and recreating a series of experiments that prove to you that what they're teaching you is true, so you don't have to take their word on it.
    Well, you could say that religious people also walk the paths of religious philosophers of the past before they come to an understanding of their religion.

The problem is, in religion a lot of things you are expected to take for granted as you go. Someone tells you, "The God created Adam and made Eva from his rib". You ask, "Okay, do we have any evidence of those events having taken place?" And you are likely to get a response like, "So says the Bible, and you are to believe the Bible", or, "You will understand it later, as you go", or, "Well, if it didn't happen, then how did humans come to Earth?" (the worst one). If you are a critical thinker, you can't accept this kind of reasoning.

Now, religion certainly has its (positive) use in the world. However, people should understand the difference between religion and science. Religious stories aren't to be taken literally, they are more like a fantasy world created to illustrate the moral points of the religion. While science is to the point and attempts to actually describe how the world worked, works and will work.

---

Walking into the territory of forbidden topics here. Let's stop it.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    The devil obviously planted "dinosaur bones" around the planet to try and trick us.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Walking into the territory of forbidden topics here. Let's stop it.
    This thread started in forbidden territory. Paraphrasing the OP: Dinos exist right? Only idiots believe they don't.

You didnt debate the sentences. You just name called. Therefore.....

Your last sentence is laughably wrong. Therefore.....
    I wasn't debating them. I was identifying your obvious plagiarism as trolling. You're almost directly quoting Lex Luthor from the new Batman vs Superman movie, claiming the thoughts as your own, then trying to make people think you're serious. It's hilarious.

Next topic from OP will be.

"The earth. Is it round?"

Never seen the movie. Never heard him speak the sentence.

I also created these sentences years and years ago.

I am also serious.

Want to try to debate them, or just going to go off on tangents and name call?
    Did... did you want to? Because two people already told you how you're wrong.

Never seen the movie. Never heard him speak the sentence.

I also created these sentences years and years ago.

I am also serious.

Want to try to debate them, or just going to go off on tangents and name call?
    Oh yea, no I didn't mean to suggest Lex Luthor invented the quote LOL.

It's much older than "years and years ago".

I think it is derived from:
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”

― Epicurus

Born: February 341 BC, Samos, Greece
    Died: 270 BC, Athens, Greece

So yea, you're a little late, and you're either extremely dense for thinking you're original, or you're trolling. I don't debate with either of the two.

Ok.

Well debate them then.

Youre just making sweeping statements.....
    So you didn't want to then?