Deleted

Poor people fashion

I know how the last thread about poor people went so let me be very clear: This is just an observation. I am not forceing anyone to wear whatever, or judging em for it, im simply asking why?

I live in a city that has alot of poor neighboorhoods. What strikes me as odd, is that people from those neighbourhoods, not all, just alot, apparantly prefer to walk around in Sweatpants and Nike Airmax.

A bit like these guys:

Now i know for a fact that any brand of sweatpants aint cheap. Hell they could be walking around in kaki's and polo's for the same price.

Same goes for women btw, though some of those prefer to wear leggings as pants. Like this:

So why is it that alot of poor people not all, just alot go out in public with sweatpants and leggings? Is it like a cultural style?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sweats aren't cheap? What world are you living in? Last time I went and bought sweats they were like, 10 bucks.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    it is a rebel movement against the capitalistic patriachy of the western world.

You underestimate those people. Those people are highly intelligent individuals who emphasize the growing gap between rich and poor by their horrible choice of clothes. They basically wear it so say to rich people "in ya face, look at me it's your fault"

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    I know how the last thread about poor people went so let me be very clear: This is just an observation. I am not forceing anyone to wear whatever, or judging em for it, im simply asking why?

I live in a city that has alot of poor neighboorhoods. What strikes me as odd, is that people from those neighbourhoods, not all, just alot, apparantly prefer to walk around in Sweatpants and Nike Airmax.

A bit like these guys:

[IMG]http://popoptiq.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/08-new_kids_nitro_30030203_st_9_s-high.jpg[/]

Now i know for a fact that any brand of sweatpants aint cheap. Hell they could be walking around in kaki's and polo's for the same price.

Same goes for women btw, though some of those prefer to wear leggings as pants. Like this:
    [IMG]http://0.static.upcoming.nl/static/images/71793a333b_1426857990_Mensen-stop-alsjeblieft-met-je-legging-als-broek-te-beschouwen__shre.jpg[/]

So why is it that alot of poor people not all, just alot go out in public with sweatpants and leggings? Is it like a cultural style?
    Have you been to Walmart? that shit is cheap

As far as Nike goes... a lot of poor people think it's a status symbol so they will spend money they don't have to get a pair. Priorities man.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Sweats aren't cheap? What world are you living in? Last time I went and bought sweats they were like, 10 bucks.
    Some are, not all. Adidas will set u back 40 bucks in Holland. Nike more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Have you been to Walmart? that shit is cheap

As far as Nike goes... a lot of poor people think it's a status symbol so they will spend money they don't have to get a pair. Priorities man.
    No country aside from america has wallmart. Maybe we shoulnd alow americans in this conversation as they obviously live in another situation with wallmart and best buy and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ji-tae View Post
    it is a rebel movement against the capitalistic patriachy of the western world.

You underestimate those people. Those people are highly intelligent individuals who emphasize the growing gap between rich and poor by their horrible choice of clothes. They basically wear it so say to rich people "in ya face, look at me it's your fault"
    Pretty sure this is it right here

10+ Year Old Account
    Like your last thread about "poor people", I don't see anything constructive coming out of this one.