Deleted

Is mastery currectly broken for Prot ?

Forgive me if this is a commonly known issue (or nonissue), i did some research but haven't found much concluding info concerning what i'm having.

The thing is, my mastery tells me it increases my block chance by ~30% but my total block chance is only 22% right now. Is that a bug or simply some kind of tooltip error ?

Thanks a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been awhile since I played prot, but it could be a % of your base chance before the mastery modifier rather than being additive.

ie. base block chance being 17%, whereas 130% of 17 = 22%
    not 17% + 30%
    Undefined animosity is a device of the spineless, the means of a fool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skerh View Post
    Forgive me if this is a commonly known issue (or nonissue), i did some research but haven't found much concluding info concerning what i'm having.

The thing is, my mastery tells me it increases my block chance by ~30% but my total block chance is only 22% right now. Is that a bug or simply some kind of tooltip error ?

Thanks a lot.
    Are you level 85 or higher? If not, effects from mastery aren't counted until then.

Man, talk about people who don't know what they are saying. Jesus...

To answer your question OP, Mastery gives 4% block chance, every point in mastery increases your odds of Critical Block.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandork View Post

To answer your question OP, Mastery gives 4% block chance, every point in mastery increases your odds of Critical Block.
    I know some good kettle retailers, if you're interested.
    "I will say, I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act."

That is the prot warrior mastery. Not prot paladin, as the OP was asking. Why do so many people have to be twats in their responses? You can answer without taking jabs at others, you know.

Deleted

I admit i've not been folowing pal for a while but still ... critical block is only for prot warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterilize View Post
    Been awhile since I played prot, but it could be a % of your base chance before the mastery modifier rather than being additive.

ie. base block chance being 17%, whereas 130% of 17 = 22%
    not 17% + 30%
    Possible yes but that would be opposite of how it used to work. I have to try getting rid of mastery to test this.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Are you level 85 or higher? If not, effects from mastery aren't counted until then.
    I'm level 100 and around 720 ilvl for what it matters.
    Last edited by mmoc88a4babd75; 2016-08-07 at 09:29 PM.

hahaha..how does your foot taste?

It DR's extremely early (around 20%) I noticed this first on beta when my mastery was "granting" me 26% block chance but I only had 22%. I took the time to gradually equip mastery gear from 0 and the mastery % scaled in line with the stat sheet until ~20% block chance.

edit: Holy shield's 10% is additive afterwards and the DR does not alter it.

Did we ever sort out how this works? I'm not having trouble surviving, so I imagine it's working as intended and we just don't understand how the information is being presented. But it would be nice to understand, even if it is already working.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    It DR's extremely early (around 20%) I noticed this first on beta when my mastery was "granting" me 26% block chance but I only had 22%. I took the time to gradually equip mastery gear from 0 and the mastery % scaled in line with the stat sheet until ~20% block chance.

edit: Holy shield's 10% is additive afterwards and the DR does not alter it.
    So you're saying Mastery is maybe less useful after 20% block?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    So you're saying Mastery is maybe less useful after 20% block?
    Did blizz implement their DR on all secondaries they were talking bout a few months ago in Legion, where you have actual DR on all your secondaries? If so, then thats it - All stats have DR now, and you get less value the more you have of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Definitely diminishing returns... just tested it on myself. Affects both block chance and DR on Shield of the Righteous.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Did blizz implement their DR on all secondaries they were talking bout a few months ago in Legion, where you have actual DR on all your secondaries? If so, then thats it - All stats have DR now, and you get less value the more you have of it.
    Does anyone know when DR kicks in? And how that affects our stat priority?

My character sheet currently shows:
    • 2,230 Haste
    • 1,608 Mastery
    • 1,289 Versatility
    • 876 Crit

That's after changing a gem and two enchants tonight, Versatility --> Haste.

Thing is, I saw my Versatility drop but did not see my Haste rise. I confess I was in a hurry, doing this right before logging off to leave for work, so maybe my eyes played tricks on me. But what I remember is Versatility dropping from 11% to 9%, while Haste was 23% both before and after the changes. Sure, that may have been 23.3 instead of 22.8, but I still have to wonder whether it's worth giving up 2% Versatility. Does our stat priority need to be revamped to reflect DR?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Benhir/simple

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Since it wasn't mentioned here, the other thing i read somewhere was that the sheet block takes into account your parry/dodge.

So if mastery block is 30%. And you have 20% total avoidance.
    You are hit 80% of the time. 0.8 x 0.3 = 24% sheet block chance. (note its not exact since total avoidance is not dodge+parry)

Also, i think secondary stat scaling is done via gear itself and not dr on character. (also haste is back to costing 100 per percent up from the hotfix of 90)