Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Average 60k dps as shadow , is this ok?

I just leveled to 110 and im doing around 55k-60k dps on raid dummy , is this normall or too low?

Depends on your iLvl.

With ilvl 800 (what you should have around the time you Ding 110), 100-120k is what you should aim for.

Also, have you improved your artifact in your class hall already, or are you hoarding the artifact power?

Unless you are wearing 750 ilevel or something then yes, you are low.

Generally around 810 most classes can manage even a steady 120K, around normal gear and 790-800 most can manage at least 90k, obviously all these numbers are low, you should be something at 180K-200K at 840 ilevel for every class in a ~2-3min fight with Bloodlust.

Deleted
    Our shadow priest has been have a struggle with meeting our dps requirements. Same with our arcane mage (those guys got fucked). But we have to kicked him to grp 4 for mythic teams due to his lackluster dps. We'll boost him later though.

Quote Originally Posted by dooffie66 View Post
    Our shadow priest has been have a struggle with meeting our dps requirements. Same with our arcane mage (those guys got fucked). But we have to kicked him to grp 4 for mythic teams due to his lackluster dps. We'll boost him later though.
    That's harsh. Shadow may be shit on trash with more than 4 targets and may have no burst damage, but we accelerate on long fights (long enough for 1 set of other class'es CDs, which is the case in all mythic dungeons). By the end of the fights I average out on our fire Mage, who bursts for 400k+ on pull, with both of us being around ilvl 835. And I still have suboptimal stats and bad trinkets.

My ilevel is around 786 but i have way too much mastery compared to other stats , i have like 10-13% haste/crit , 2% versatility and 62% mastery , im not sure if mastery is the best.
    Last edited by Vampiregenesis; 2016-09-05 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    My ilevel is around 786 but i have way too much mastery compared to other stats , i have like 10-13% haste/crit , 2% versatility and 62% mastery , im not sure if mastery is the best.
    Stat priority is haste>crit>mastery>versatility. But don't worry, we won't see high haste values... 5K+ haste are about 15% haste, while the same amount of crit nets us around 23% and mastery nets about 70%. Our haste comes from voidform.

No that's absolutely not normal, go read a guide or something.

My friend who plays shadow is struggling too. I think perhaps s.priest is more artifact dependant than other classes.

Shadow is top tier atm and I've seen a few do very good dps. I don't know how tho since I don't play it but if u manage to group with another shadow, take note on what spells his using

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Shadow is top tier atm and I've seen a few do very good dps. I don't know how tho since I don't play it but if u manage to group with another shadow, take note on what spells his using
    Shadow is only good for single target and high level mythic+ dungeons and even then, why not take another class which is more reliable destroying packs with AoE.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys are really helping this guy I must say, "yea you should be doing around 6 billion damage", "no, I say you should be doing atleast 9 billion damage, thats normal".

i can probably reach 80k dps but thats with voidform+shadowfiend+void torrent , i still dont have mass hysteria though and it may change things alot and im not using surrender in madness either , some say this talent is the best but i dont see how can you ever use such talent for raiding when it cause you to die.

Ps. I reached 84k with surrender to madness but then i died and i dont have mass hysteria which is very important for this talent , i can see this talent doing some crazy damage during execute phases but i dont think its optimal to use it before that phase.

I think i improved a bit , im now doing 75K+ without surrender+masshysteria+execute phase , those phase will obviously skyrocket my dps.
    Last edited by Vampiregenesis; 2016-09-05 at 10:57 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    You guys are really helping this guy I must say, "yea you should be doing around 6 billion damage", "no, I say you should be doing atleast 9 billion damage, thats normal".
    Well it's rather hard to say something else without any informations about his level and his gear. Are we supposed to guess? At 100, 60k dps was a decent result requiring set bonuses and mythic gear. At 110, it's terrible, even in basic levelling gear.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Well it's rather hard to say something else without any informations about his level and his gear. Are we supposed to guess? At 100, 60k dps was a decent result requiring set bonuses and mythic gear. At 110, it's terrible, even in basic levelling gear.
    Without ToF gaming and SWD sniping, without heroism and pots, without two secondary targets to multidot? I'd say, 60k sustained on a dummy is fine. 60k on any dungeon boss is not, though; OP should deal at least 120k in any possible scenarios at 110.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

I feel like something should be clarified, which l33t mentioned as well; shadow's dps is soooo fluctuating depending on the specific scenario. We do absolute shit dps when we aren't able to properly cycle in and out of VF, and only when we get a proper long VF cycle during ToF to 40+ stacks does our ST increase to something higher than most other fotm specs in similar gear are able to do. Bring in multiple high health targets though and we will outshine them. You can't just look at shadow in a vacuum, everything revolves around uptime on ToF and RoS-SWeath. Most fights in Legion dungeons have some sort of mechanic which disrupts our IS-generation as well, further pushing us down. It's not as simple as "oh, I couldn't cast for 2 seconds, dps lost" - the implications are much bigger because that means a few less VF stacks, which translates into more time outside VF on the next cycle etc.

Idk if that made anything clear, but I felt like I had to (re)share this.

TL;DR: Don't look at shadow dps in a vacuum. It fluctuates insanely much. ToF uptime and no disruption + multiple targets will make us look better. Take those out and we're pretty damn mediocre. And also, get haste haste haste and more haste.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just leveled to 110 and im doing around 55k-60k dps on raid dummy , is this normall or too low?
    It depends on your gear. If you just dinged that's probably about right. We're really dependent on gear. Stat prio should be -> haste > crit > mast > vers. Try to focus on gearing up right now. Anything at this point is going to be better for you if you just dinged.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Without ToF gaming and SWD sniping, without heroism and pots, without two secondary targets to multidot? I'd say, 60k sustained on a dummy is fine. 60k on any dungeon boss is not, though; OP should deal at least 120k in any possible scenarios at 110.
    I can do a bit more than this now , around 75-80K but as you said this number doesnt include pots,bloodlust + execute phase , with surrender to madness+tof+swd+heroism the dps will skyrocket thats for sure.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can do a bit more than this now , around 75-80K but as you said this number doesnt include pots,bloodlust + execute phase , with surrender to madness+tof+swd+heroism the dps will skyrocket thats for sure.
    I wouldn't use surrender in dungeons as it doesn't reset on bosses in there. You just need some gear. We're very very very haste starved before you start getting good dungeon loot.

Quote Originally Posted by WishLimit View Post
    My friend who plays shadow is struggling too. I think perhaps s.priest is more artifact dependant than other classes.
    Artifact denpendent sure, but who's spec isn't dependent on their artifact. Shadow's roadblock is gear. We also perform better on things that live longer. If thing are dying in like 30 secs that's not enough time for us to get dmg going.
    Last edited by justflayin; 2016-09-05 at 01:32 PM.