Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Mythic Odyn is a distinct FU to Rets

If you've fought this, you know the deal; you spend more time running to something or away from something than you do getting any DPS time on boss. And if you're too slow to get up to add for interupt, you're done. If you're too slow to get away from his AoE, you're done. If you miss your rune, you're not done but you'll miss a significant DPS buff + free heal, which means you'll probably be done. It's stupid and the whole fight feels like it was designed to spite Rets (and probably DK's).

Cavalier. Problem solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bormec View Post
    If you've fought this, you know the deal; you spend more time running to something or away from something than you do getting any DPS time on boss. And if you're too slow to get up to add for interupt, you're done. If you're too slow to get away from his AoE, you're done. If you miss your rune, you're not done but you'll miss a significant DPS buff + free heal, which means you'll probably be done. It's stupid and the whole fight feels like it was designed to spite Rets (and probably DK's).
    Why specifically Rets?

15+ Year Old Account
    1. you're not the only one with interrupts in the group (or save your horsey for this if you feel like you are)
    2. you can outrun the aoe with no movement speed increases
    3. if you miss your rune, then that has nothing to do with the class you play
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    The most nerfed class in WoW is <my class>. <my class> seems to get nerfed every damn patch, unlike those <other class> that get buffed and still want more!

Perhaps you should choose the Cavalier Talent? My guild Protection Paladin has no issue with mobility on the Odyn fight at all with this choice.

Yeah, I'm saying even with the Cavalier talent. You have to run to something or from something constantly, every 10-30 seconds. You use a horse to escape the AoE, then you gotta use another to get back or you have to waddle on over, meanwhile the Valajar add is chaincasting Surge and gaining haste. Cavalier is a great talent and I'm glad we have it, but the design of this fight feels like it actively punishes specs that don't have an on-demand mobility tool under 30s or multiple mobilities available, and specs with a long ramp-up time for damage, for example a Ret paladin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KayOfGames View Post
    Perhaps you should choose the Cavalier Talent? My guild Protection Paladin has no issue with mobility on the Odyn fight at all with this choice.
    To be fair prot horsey is lightyears ahead of ret horsey

Quote Originally Posted by Bormec View Post
    Yeah, I'm saying even with the Cavalier talent. You have to run to something or from something constantly, every 10-30 seconds.
    Dont act like you're the only one that has to move. Everyone dodges spears. Everyone dodges orbs. Everyone runs to a rune. Everyone dodges the big aoe.

this fight feels like it actively punishes specs that don't have an on-demand mobility tool under 30s or multiple mobilities available
    You dont need movement speed to avoid the big AOE. Yes, you have to run out and back in.. So does every melee. You can run out and cav back in. You can bubble and stay in.

Im a holy pally and I dont have these issues you seem to have. I run out. I run back in. If positioning is bad, I use Divine steed. If positioning is bad twice, I can bubble. You have MULTIPLE tools to help you on this fight.
    Last edited by babalou1; 2016-09-17 at 07:53 AM.

I really don't see the problem with this encounter. You can avoid the first AOE and keep dps Odyn by using your divine shield (and this not really like u need it anyway). If you want to keep your divine shield, for... reasons, you can escape from the area without improved movement speed and use the horse to get back on the boss faster.

You can even take "cavalier" instead of divine's intervention since it cannot trigger in this encounter anyway and use it to escape one AOE and get the rune faster.

Absolutly no fu to ret here.

Deleted
    You do know you can bubble the Odyn aoe, right?

Quote Originally Posted by xGhetto View Post
    You do know you can bubble the Odyn aoe, right?
    I think primarily Rets use bubble as an 'oh shit' button rather than proactively to bypass mechanics that other melee/classes can't.
    Which is interesting because you know the devs have to balance the class around people using abilities around 'potential' rather than actual use.
    With the worst groups you'll only get two AE phases, and with the better ones you get one, so yes, this allows us to actually have the potential for high up times.

oh those people suggesting Cavalier

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    To be fair prot horsey is lightyears ahead of ret horsey
    The exact same spell is better for one specialization than the other???

Quote Originally Posted by KayOfGames View Post
    The exact same spell is better for one specialization than the other???
    Reduced CD with talents and additional charge as well as damage mitigation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prot's Divine steed is better because of their talent "Knight Templar" Basically reducing the CD by 50% and damage is reduced while you are on it. So yeah..... fares way better. Oh and I forgot, THEY ALSO HAVE CAVLIER AS WELL.

._.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Religion- View Post
    Reduced CD with talents and additional charge as well as damage mitigation.
    Only if you pick the talent, which isn't the best choice in its tier I'm pretty sure, right?

Either way, like said, waddle your way out of the AoE. Don't waste a horse charge on it, there's plenty of time, and there's no rush to get out. Just head towards the add, beat it up, and then horse back in if you have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Only if you pick the talent, which isn't the best choice in its tier I'm pretty sure, right?
    it's not the best indeed.
    It's the only one there.

Deleted
    I can understand the CD on pony, even with cavalier, is just too long. You should still be able to handle the mechanics, but its impossible to overcome the inevitable down time.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    it's not the best indeed.
    It's the only one there.
    I thought everyone was swearing by Hand of the Protector.

Knight Templar just feels a bit clunky to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I thought everyone was swearing by Hand of the Protector.

Knight Templar just feels a bit clunky to me.
    HotP increases selfhealing, Knight-Templar provides additional damage mitigation cooldown and boosts mobility .

Healing can be provided by (competent) healers, while damage mitigation is your own buisness.
    So..