Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Demon blades on the PTR

Hi,
    I currently don't have the PTR installed but saw this post in the wow forums:
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749728243

So...I have been derping around on the PTR recently, and noticed that Demon Blades Fury generation, and the shadow damage now proc during a GCD. That's pretty huge.
    Is this guy right? Because that would increase my enjoyment for this talent a lot.

Yes, it's true. (It's not a huge improvement for the talent, but enough that Prepared is not as good anymore).

That said this change isn't in the patch notes so who knows if it is actually intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    Yes, it's true. (It's not a huge improvement for the talent, but enough that Prepared is not as good anymore).

That said this change isn't in the patch notes so who knows if it is actually intended.
    If that's true, could be a bug fixed undesirable side effect. Otherwise, it would have been patchnoted. Yet, the official one is not made so let's see.

Nice to hear that. This is not even about the damage but just about the gameflow improvement that this change brings. Think Ill install PTR this evening just to check it out myself.

Not sure how I feel about this actually - a no GCD lock DB could be pretty braindead. The current system works well since it forces you to attempt to slot in demon blades at appropriate times rather than it just happen automatically
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post

ehm not huge? its kinda a HUGE dps gain. you are GCD locked the entire fight imagine the amount of damage increase and fury generation it increases just no, its not a small buff its actually a large buff and tbh its nice but it feels like this gonna place dh:s on really nice position when it comes to ST Dps compared to before.

and thats before we know if they gonna buff felblade for better ST dps or not.

Sounds like a bugfix gone wrong to me, but it would be nice if it was intended!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tozza View Post
    Sounds like a bugfix gone wrong to me, but it would be nice if it was intended!
    Not imo would make demon blades to mandatory we already have the problem pick one in the row this just creates another row of that i dont want that, some can be a tiny bit better sure but this just makes it so good there is never a reason to pick it ever.

and i do play with demon blades myself and like it, but forcing it on everyone this way is just dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzah View Post
    Not imo would make demon blades to mandatory we already have the problem pick one in the row this just creates another row of that i dont want that, some can be a tiny bit better sure but this just makes it so good there is never a reason to pick it ever.

and i do play with demon blades myself and like it, but forcing it on everyone this way is just dumb.
    Well, in the end of the day, people will play what they want.
    There's a lot of DH's out there who play Nemesis, and do well with it.
    I chose Demon Blades because I HATE Vengeful Retreat, and like not having to use it so often.

I'm not sure if it's a nerf or not...

The strength of DB relies on banking charges while using Chaos Strikes in Momo windows, then using them together on a free GCD to gen the fury back.

If the banking doesn't happen anymore this might cause fury starvation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    I'm not sure if it's a nerf or not...

The strength of DB relies on banking charges while using Chaos Strikes in Momo windows, then using them together on a free GCD to gen the fury back.

If the banking doesn't happen anymore this might cause fury starvation.
    It deffo is not a nerf. It essentially turns your fury bar into a Energy bar. DB becomes a pick and forget talent, it deffo is a huge QoL buff, as you won't need to pay attention to swing timer anymore. Also banking charges is the same as constantly gaining fury, it just won't be as spiky anymore. It essentially removes waiting time for the swing and instead you will have a constant flow of Fury.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess the only question after this buff would be whether or not Prep is still preferred in M+, as DB will be a auto pick in raids, unless there is very little uptime on any mob.

Havoc still on the path of being a better fury warrior than fury warrior.

It's a freaking nerf. let me walk through this and yall will know why.

1. having DB procs during GCD means lower burst dps while meta+lust are on. first, you will have excessive fury during that time, because as we all know having as much fury as you can before triggering momentum is the best way to do it. therefore, gaining fury while having almost full bar of fury is just bad.

2. After each momentum buff times out, there'll be more waiting time to gain enough fury to do next rotation. (since you can no longer banking the fury you gain during GCDs)

3. Having DB plays out the way it is now, it actually perfectly fits the momentum style, while having this "new" DB, it probably feels smoother, but it won't increase your overall dps.(let's assume this change won't increase your fury gain from DB)
    and because you can only use 3 abilities/4 in meta+lust. so gaining fury during your 4 sec momentum window seems unnecessary because the extra ablity you can use wont be benefited from it anyway. (unless you take nemisis)
    So, if this actually goes live. it hurts momentum build. it might not be a nerf if there are other ability to par with. But it's definitely a nerf if momentum is taken.
    Last edited by Realmerc; 2016-10-24 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetement View Post
    Sounds like a nerf.
    Nope.
    A) You have 0 fury, FR/VR on CD and 2 sec. left
    => Instead of waiting a bit some fury before entering Momentum window, you can get that missing fury DURING the use and so you're pretty sure to get VR/FR usage when available without preoccuping for "nough' fury when Momentum appears ?"

B) You have FR/VR on CD and pretty much 5 sec left on them
    => You are pretty sure from A) and the previous CD usage you have enough "steady fury" to get some CS before entering momentum window full of fury.

Overall, this will net us more CS/Anni with or without momentum.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Realmerc View Post
    It's a freaking nerf. let me walk through this and yall will know why.

1. having DB procs during GCD means lower burst dps while meta+lust are on. first, you will have excessive fury during that time, because as we all know having as much fury as you can before triggering momentum is the best way to do it. therefore, gaining fury while having almost full bar of fury is just bad.

2. After each momentum buff times out, there'll be more waiting time to gain enough fury to do next rotation. (since you can no longer banking the fury you gain during GCDs)
    3. Having DB plays out the way it is now, it actually perfectly fits the momentum style, while having this "new" DB, it probably feels better, but it won't increase your dps. because you can only use 3 abilities/4 in meta+lust. so gaining fury during your 4 sec momentum window seems unnecessary because the extra ablity you can use wont be benefited from it anyway. (unless you can nemisis)
    So my conclusion is, if this actually goes live. it hurts momentum build. it might not be a nerf if there are other ability to par with. But it's definitely a nerf if momentum is taken.
    You can not "bank" anymore indeed, the fury bar will fill DURING you CD usage. It's basically the same but allowing you to spend that "ghost fury". It's like knowing you received X amount of money from bank but you can't see it on your Bank Account Web Page so you hesitate to spend.

Unless I misunderstood the way it is on PTR, which is highly possible because of the word "interpretation", sounds like a reliability of fury generation adding.

Deleted
    Exactly it does not change the amount of fury you gain, it jus means you will always generate fury. The "buff" now being that even when your spending your fury on abilities you will be generating fury, which was not possible before due to the GCD state. With the legendary ring the amount of fury you will gain will be pretty significant. You will ("almost") never wait around with this change, as will have always something to do.

" Instead of waiting a bit some fury before entering Momentum window, you can get that missing fury DURING the use "

you see.. this is the problem.. you have 80% hit chance, with a 75% chance of getting fury with DB. that's basically 60%chance of gaining fury.

the problem with doing that, is with bad RNG you won't gain fury during your 4 sec momentum window therefore you lost tons of dps.

There is also potential to waste a LARGE portion of your fury. IF you get a momentum window with >80 fury, and it procs as you are trying to spend you will lose out on large amount of extra fury. Especially if you do not have the contained fury trait, and have the DB ring.

Demon blade proc plus the ring, upwards of 40 energy. (assuming no banked charges)

Kib (a guy in a top 100 raiding guild) said he saw insane numbers with this change on his DH on the PTR when they were testing raids. Call me insane but i don't think this is a nerf. Now, they might nerf the fury regen from Dblades because of this, that would be a nerf. We don't need more nerfs imo.

World 29th plz... we worked really hard 24.75hours to achieve such a rank

We'll see tomorrow because Blizz won't confirm anything officially

Figured I'd elaborate a bit more on this while eating my wrap

It's not a giant buff but more of a QoL change, the fury generation won't shoot up to uncontrollable numbers and such, it will be more or less a slow energy regen playstyle feel.

Generating between 12-20 fury every 0.75 swings, meaning on average you'll need 3 procs to have enough fury to Chaos Strike. Roughly 7.8 seconds of swinging at base attack speed.

Where it gets stupid is on the pull with meta haste + lust where your AA swing gets a bit retarded and yea fury becomes abundant. I'm not sure yet on how much this change may or may not change secondary stats but I doubt it will push haste much higher since the difference between 0 and 10% haste is 1 chaos strike per minute.
    Last edited by Kib; 2016-10-24 at 05:50 PM.