Page 1 of 2
LastLast

"Faking" hidden appearances: confirmed to not be hotfixed out

https://twitter.com/warcraftdevs/sta...48605922082816 I'm slightly surprised no one posted this but, most are aware now of how, if you have the alternate colors unlocked on a hidden appearance you do have, you can use that color tint on a hidden appearance you do not have. And many use this because some hidden appearances are stupid hard to obtain through rng.

Well, the above tweet shows they know it's a bug and they are not going to fix it. So people who are relying on this ability can rest easy that it's not going away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    The main question is, will you be able to t-mog to it in the next expansion?

Either way, everybody interested in them should have them by expansions end, unless they have horrible, horrible RNG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    The main question is, will you be able to t-mog to it in the next expansion?

Either way, everybody interested in them should have them by expansions end, unless they have horrible, horrible RNG.
    Or is a Ret paladin and values their sanity.

I'd imagine you won't keep the skin going forward though if you're just accessing it through a glitch/bug.

I only noticed this yesterday when I checked my Resto weapon appearances after having the hidden Feral one for ages and noticed I had the Resto hidden one for 200 world quests. Was a nice surprise, but I was under the impression that we couldn't use any appearances unless we had unlocked the first one from that row *cough* stupid Unleashed Monstrosities appearance that we can't use until Balance of Power is done *cough*.
    Seems unfair to do that but leave the Unleashed Monstrosities the way it is. I will not be doing that questline on all 7 of my alts (the items from EN quest x 8 no thank you) and they all have the Unleashed Monstrosities achievement so I can't even use it :/
    Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple

Have finally unlocked the rest from Feral's 200 WQ's!

Bear one is still meh but at least balance and resto get nicer looking weaps.

This has been so much reported, and everyone is using it...

its become a feature, if it was even a bug to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Or is a Ret paladin and values their sanity.
    Only reason I have an issue with this bug. If you don't go through the process, you don't deserve the skin. There's absolutely nothing "insane" about getting it, it's called earning it, something that the community has forgotten over the last few years when slowly everything started being given out on a silver platter for no effort.

Not really surprising. It's a mess how the handle unlocking the additional recolors. As you might know, there are hidden quests that track your progress. And there's only one quest for each recolor, and not one quest for each recolor for each artifact. So how would they fix this? It just can't be done without fucking the players. And the quest that tracks the PVP kills is completely fucked, it even counts player deaths in PVE raids (although apparently not every death). I got that recolor nearly completed without doing any PVP at all.

Quote Originally Posted by thebdc View Post
    Not really surprising. It's a mess how the handle unlocking the additional recolors. As you might know, there are hidden quests that track your progress. And there's only one quest for each recolor, and not one quest for each recolor for each artifact. So how would they fix this? It just can't be done without fucking the players. And the quest that tracks the PVP kills is completely fucked, it even counts player deaths in PVE raids (although apparently not every death). I got that recolor nearly completed without doing any PVP at all.
    I completed the 1000 PvP kills with nothing but Mythic Nythendra progression hahaha.
    Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Only reason I have an issue with this bug. If you don't go through the process, you don't deserve the skin. There's absolutely nothing "insane" about getting it, it's called earning it, something that the community has forgotten over the last few years when slowly everything started being given out on a silver platter for no effort.
    There is no "earning" it when people can take anywhere from 30 minutes to get it to 7 weeks.

That is not "earning" the skin. Earning the skin would be like doing something actually challenging for it, rather than sitting there staring and hoping.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have over 20 full clear runs of withered training and I still don't have my prot pally hidden skin.

There is no skill or 'earning' it for some, it is simply RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    I have over 20 full clear runs of withered training and I still don't have my prot pally hidden skin.

There is no skill or 'earning' it for some, it is simply RNG.
    I honestly cannot think of a single hidden appearance that does take skill of any kind.

Most of them are either RNG, purchased, or a world boss drop which is 100% now.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's great, you can get pretty quick World Quests or PVP ones, but 100 dungeons is a long grind if you are not into daily heroic, it's good that you can do it on different specs.

There is no "earning" it when people can take anywhere from 30 minutes to get it to 7 weeks.
    I'm still waiting for the Guardian Druid skin from Ursoc, farming it since the first raid id. RNG is the greatest shit.

Using a color variation of a hidden skin enables you to unlock the other variations, too.

I got the resto hidden item first on my druid. Did 200 WQs as resto to unlock the other skin. Sort of don't want others to go through that mess. Doing 200 WQs with any of them is enough of a grind. Forcing you to do so in a specific spec is mean.
    And even worse with PvP. I main guardian, love to play in bear, but absolutely suck at teddy-PvP. I would feel sorry for every random BG group I ended up in with me running around tanking to keep myself alive to steal HKs, simply so I could unlock that appearance. With the "bug" I can PvP as resto, which I am half-decent at, and get my 1000 HKs done.

That is not "earning" the skin. Earning the skin would be like doing something actually challenging for it, rather than sitting there staring and hoping.
    By the same logic we shouldn't have any low droprate mounts, old armor, whatever. It should just all be mailed to you/?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    By the same logic we shouldn't have any low droprate mounts, old armor, whatever. It should just all be mailed to you/?
    Not what I said at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    I feel your pain.

I have the 200 WQs, 1000HKs, and working through the 100 dungeons as and when. Still no "base" colour from WT, despite doing it every time it's up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Fizz View Post
    Have finally unlocked the rest from Feral's 200 WQ's!

Bear one is still meh but at least balance and resto get nicer looking weaps.
    I love your profile pic, I'm watching Ghost in the Shell series as we speak.
    Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE | Intel Core i9-9900k | 32GB RAM DDR4-3200 CL16 | ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER

Not what I said at all.
    No, but it's the same logic. It's *EXACTLY* the same thing.

You are arguing that artifact skins in this game that takes a lot of effort but may not necessarily be difficult (by your own subjective metric no less) - that someone who puts in that effort isn't earning it. You said this in response to a discussion about whether difficult artifact chains should even exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."