Survival Hunters - Feeling OK?

Basic question really... how come the representation is so good for a spec that is literally last in PvE? I see a lot of SV Hunters in arena and love it, as my alt is one however I've never stepped into arena with it... I'm actually going to compete this season (2) and am curious how you guys find the spec?? What are the pros and cons? Are there a decent amount of viable comps? And is the spec only viable in 3s or is 2s also strong?

This isn't a "what class should I pick" as I already play it. Just after input

Deleted
    Buffed hp and abilites/stat template got buffed..

I main bm for pve.. but for pvp i go surv got 34pts in surv have 30m hp.. good burst.. great mobility.. snares.. constant dmg from dots etc

Healer/Surv is good 2v2
    I heard ret/surv + healer is also good 3s

BM and MM are just crap in arena also

Quote Originally Posted by Snootylol View Post
    Buffed hp and abilites/stat template got buffed..

I main bm.. but for pvp i go surv got 34pts in surv have 30m hp.. good burst.. great mobility.. snares.. constant dmg from dots etc

Healer/Surv is good 2v2
    I heard ret/surv + healer is also good 3s
    Yeah I heard ret sv is great in 3s until you get higher up then you struggle. So there are buffs coming. I expected that we pve wise sv is very weak...

Ret+Sv and Rdruid+Sv are mongo comps in 2v2

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Yeah I heard ret sv is great in 3s until you get higher up then you struggle. So there are buffs coming. I expected that we pve wise sv is very weak...
    If youre seriously struggling as PHD in 3s, you can just stop playing all together.

I haven't stepped into arena yet on my Hunter haha, was just looking at options and curious as to how they were performing... Seems they're doing pretty dang well!!

yeah ret hunter is definitely strong, especially with druid healer. I'm playing a pretty bad setup of shadow/arms/holy pala or disc/ret/arms at around 2.2k and it's pretty much the only setup that we have 0% winratio against, it does nearly unhealable damage and has as much cc as an rmp.

Im feeling great. Its a super fun spec and the only spec i still enjoy playing alot
    It works really good in rated pvp without being obnoxiously overpowered like some of the other classes atm.

The fact that we get disengage (not sure if ill take it over root/snare-removal + speed) back and buff to traps and damage makes me a happy camper.