Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    So I've just had an email about an app called I-ticket. This is taken from the blog

TLR version - New app lets you photograph cars illegal parked, submit it to the company, you get paid £10, offender gets the usual 60 fine (or 100 for being late).

I'm kind of on the fence about this,

1) You shouldn't be parked there - you deserve the fine. But at the same time, this doesn't take into consideration why someone might have done it. Are they just to lazy and parking as close as they can, or did a sudden emergency pop up requiring them to find the nearest spot and leave the car?

2) If this turns into a regular thing I guess it could potentially have the chance to make some people lose their job? e.g. the actual wardens. Then again, I guess people have fuck wardens attitude.

What do you guys think?

https://blog.buymobiles.net/features...eid=a3de1428ab
    Ultimate goal of this app: Why bother with a police state when you can have your own citizens brownshirt for you./s

I would love this app.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polygnome View Post
    We had such a system in the GDR. It was called the Stasi. Except it wasn't a private company, but a federal agency. Its one of the most disgusting things in recent german hiistory. After the re-unification of germany, many people were relieved that the Stasi was gone. they had detailed spy records and had spies everywhere.

Sure, if you don't do the crime, you don't have to worry about the fine.

Constant surveyllance doesn't make you free. Freedom does.

Sure, it starts with parking tikets. But bad things often start with small first steps.
    Unless you also feel that people seeing you outside when you're walking is constant surveillance then I don't see how this should bother you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can see this causing more problems then it solves.

How does the app know if a car is parked illegal in private property?

I need several examples. What about someone his is a inch onto the yellow on a city sidewalk? If I see some dip shit taking pictures of someones car for such minor infractions, they will meet my fist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    You bet it would. I can go find multiple cars to ticket inside one hour.
    I imagine the people they pay to review the pics are still running that kind of salary, while overall this will be cheaper as they will have a much larger pool to draw from.

Quote Originally Posted by God Emperor Trump View Post
    I can see this causing more problems then it solves.

How does the app know if a car is parked illegal in private property?

I need several examples. What about someone his is a inch onto the yellow on a city sidewalk? If I see some dip shit taking pictures of someones car for such minor infractions, they will meet my fist.
    Atleast then they'll make alot more than 10 dollars, when you get sued for assault.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Private enforcement of laws has a long tradition, just look at bounty hunters or any sort of wanted poster.

The big problem I think you'd see though is a large private lobby for stricter or more arcane parking laws.

Since it is on one's own private property, I have a better solution... burn the car with gasoline. Better yet, thanks for the shiny new car.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Atleast then they'll make alot more than 10 dollars, when you get sued for assault.
    A lot easier said then done.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    You should read the article before posting. The app doesn't know or care. It just submits a photo to be reviewed by a human being.
    Then the app will fail before it starts. I see nothing but $$$$ for the lawyers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    They actually removed them? I figured enough people just mailed in their money without ever fighting it that still made the city a good amount of profit. But yeah, this whole thing seems similar. There's no way to prove you're the one who parked the car there even if it's your car just like there's no way to prove you were the one driving when you ran a red light. Regardless of facing your accuser.
    I don't know about the laws where you're at but as far as I know around here if you're the registered owner of a vehicle then you're responsible for it and any parking violations attached to it. So if I lend you my car and you park it across three handicap spots and leave it there I'm still responsible and will be the one getting the ticket.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Since it is on one's own private property, I have a better solution... burn the car with gasoline. Better yet, thanks for the shiny new car.
    See there's laws against destroying/claiming property freely, even if it's been on land you own.

Quote Originally Posted by Adudu View Post
    I don't know about the laws where you're at but as far as I know around here if you're the registered owner of a vehicle then you're responsible for it and any parking violations attached to it. So if I lend you my car and you park it across three handicap spots and leave it there I'm still responsible and will be the one getting the ticket.

- - - Updated - - -

See there's laws against destroying/claiming property freely, even if it's been on land you own.
    There's also laws against trespassing onto private property.

Same here. Unless the car is reported stolen, or has been stolen without the owner yet being aware of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Yeah, maybe it's only while the car is being operated or something. I mean if you can prove you let someone else use your car and they parked illegally, you might get away with it but I'm not too sure.

The parking lot of a business is private property but that doesn't mean someone parking there is trespassing unless you tell them to leave and they refuse.
    I agree, or if there is a sign that also says it. Even better, sell it to a local chop shop. They'd surely pay more than 10 bucks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    There's also laws against trespassing onto private property.
    Yes, and those laws dictate a certain response and escalation, torching the offending piece of property is not on the list of approved responses. Last time I checked anyway. It certainly wouldn't be the first step in escalating the situation.

Yes, and those laws dictate a certain response, torching the offending piece of property is not on the list of approved responses. Last time I checked anyway.
    Meh, I like to burn things, so I'll risk it.

Yes, and those laws dictate a certain response, torching the offending piece of property is not on the list of approved responses. Last time I checked anyway.
    Then be sure you are not trespassing on a crazy person's private property.

So what if seven people got together, one parks his car wrongly, other 6 report it, give the guy the 60 and split the 10? Small fry of course but you can always scale the operation up.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    It says 'on their private land'. It that's the case, it's really not that big of a deal. I was thinking it was an app that allowed you to take pictures of people illegally parked in the city, etc.
    Yeah, seems pretty specific. Of course, if they expand it . . . . Or, if they intended for it be everywhere, and the private land portion is a misnomer.

7+ Year Old Account
    Great idea. Wish I had it in my neighborhood.

Should make an app like this for illegal immigrants in the US

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Also seems like this is just for Europe. Yes/no?

Frankly, it would be interesting to see how it played out if it was for any illegally parked car. Some back-of-the-envelope math says that if you just walk around town all day (healthy) and find, say, 2 cars parked illegally each hour - that's a $45k "job". Interesting.