Deleted
    So I tanked this relatively low m+ for a pug yesterday and it didn't work. I know dps was lacking, but was there maybe something I could have done way better to make this run work in the end? https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports.../#type=summary

Quote Originally Posted by Tsharna View Post
    So I tanked this relatively low m+ for a pug yesterday and it didn't work. I know dps was lacking, but was there maybe something I could have done way better to make this run work in the end?
    Personally I play with Chi Burst, Dave (at times) and special delivery. Keg smash got a wide range, and so does Chi Burst. In other words, those two well placed is usually sufficient.

Tsharna; I'm not sure what you could have done better, not much you can do when going into a +10 and DPS is under 200k :/ But if you're looking to do more DPS yourself consider farming the barbed neck off attunmen in Kara, it does CRAZY dps while aoe tanking as a BRM xD

I feel when it comes to M plus runs that the threshold for success as a tank is a bit dependent on the DPS. Tanking requires a certain level of ability to "enable" the dps but beyond that I feel that strong DPS carries better than a strong tank. I don't think an amazing tank can carry subpar but not terrible dps enough to 3 chest. But I think an amazing dps can carry enough to 3 chest. This assumes of course that the tank achieves some level of ok in that they are pulling fast enough and clicking enough buttons but not necessarily the right buttons at the optimal times.

I play at a more casual level and it's hard to compare my tank logs to my ww logs simply because when I go tank the dps that we pug or pick up from guild is usually under half of the damage I would have done. When you start adding 10-20 seconds to every trash pack and about the same to every boss the run just seems slower and slower.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fulminous View Post
    Tsharna; I'm not sure what you could have done better, not much you can do when going into a +10 and DPS is under 200k :/ But if you're looking to do more DPS yourself consider farming the barbed neck off attunmen in Kara, it does CRAZY dps while aoe tanking as a BRM xD
    I am trying to get myself some TP relics to boost my ST dmg. AOE is fine between KS, BoF and EKeg really. I had the barbed neck but got it quite low ilvl and liked the haste I have now.
    As Targom wrote - dps is a must indeed. My question was indeed if there would be anything I could have done better to enable that dps. I couldn't think of anything. It was the lowest m+ I tanked that day and it was the worst experience I had that day too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsharna View Post
    As Targom wrote - dps is a must indeed. My question was indeed if there would be anything I could have done better to enable that dps. I couldn't think of anything. It was the lowest m+ I tanked that day and it was the worst experience I had that day too.
    You're too heavy into tanking. The Husk and Shard should only be used in the most dire of incoming damage situations. You could also swap your Heavy Hide for something else. A better stance during necrotic weeks is to make the pack dead faster rather than stand against them for longer. You can also utilize kiting or Black Ox Statue to mitigate some stacks.

You're also not utilizing a lot of your globals during trash fights.

ALSO, using Whispers of Insanity hurts me inside. Investing 10 runes and 13 food, but not one flask is weird.

7+ Year Old Account
    hey i got 4 piece and im asking if haste is best with 4 piece^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Item - Monk T20 Brewmaster 2P Bonus (New) Your attacks have a chance to grant you Effusion, causing your next Effuse to be instant and heal for 400% more.
    Item - Monk T20 Brewmaster 4P Bonus (New) After consuming Effusion, you clear 25% of your Staggered damage.
    Can be really nice if it procs often. Not as powerful as current bonuses perhaps but quite enjoyable as an idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

While the 2P seems nice, an instant 700k (around 17.5% heal) is not much when comparing to 5% stagger in my book. When combined with the 4P and 100% stagger in relation to your health, it's gonna be a 1mill free purify with a 700k heal on top, so 1.7m - 2.7m between 100-200% range. That's ok, if we do happen to need the proc and it won't time out too fast so we can hold on to it for a bit.

Now it all boils down to proc chance, but if that isn't proccing 3-4 times a minute, I prefer the T19 bonuses of 5% more stagger and a hefty amount of brew generation, which is around 20 seconds (so an extra charge) shaved off per minute for my haste/playstyle, to the T20 on any day.

For example one average purify when not pausing stagger on something like M Krosus amounts to around 2-4 Million stagger cleared (for me, sometimes I need to purify sooner than I want since healers are too busy), so we'd need to proc the T20 2-3 times to "heal for more", per minute. When taking into account that the T20 might proc at a time we don't need the purify/heal at all (not likely on Krosus though) so it's inherently less valuable than just shaving seconds off from brews.

Hopefully T20 will receive some sort of a buff / has high enough PPM. I don't fancy the idea of running the next tier in T19 set.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been experimenting with stagger pause last few Krosus pulls. 5M stagger vs 10M+.

It's pretty fun when chaining a few pauses before a Slam into a purify while being hurt by the Searing Brand stacks as well. You can get to 2x higher stagger in just 6 seconds pause quite easily, which means a lot of the damage that your healers would have had to heal is now gone. More effective than just purifying every now and then.

I suppose Krosus is the perfect match for this case since of the dot.
    Last edited by redfella; 2017-02-16 at 09:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    You're too heavy into tanking. The Husk and Shard should only be used in the most dire of incoming damage situations. You could also swap your Heavy Hide for something else. A better stance during necrotic weeks is to make the pack dead faster rather than stand against them for longer. You can also utilize kiting or Black Ox Statue to mitigate some stacks.

You're also not utilizing a lot of your globals during trash fights.

ALSO, using Whispers of Insanity hurts me inside. Investing 10 runes and 13 food, but not one flask is weird.
    Shard happens to be also my highest agi stick, so that will remain till I get a better one Husk I like for the haste really, but together they are quite tanky indeed. I will possibly replace heavy hide with some dps chant.
    I kited when I had necrotic stacks between Chi Torp and Transfer - I don't trust Dave enough
    You're quite right on the flask - my greed is real.

Quote Originally Posted by redfella View Post
    While the 2P seems nice, an instant 700k (around 17.5% heal) is not much when comparing to 5% stagger in my book. When combined with the 4P and 100% stagger in relation to your health, it's gonna be a 1mill free purify with a 700k heal on top, so 1.7m - 2.7m between 100-200% range. That's ok, if we do happen to need the proc and it won't time out too fast so we can hold on to it for a bit.
    One of those proc Effuse, for me, would be over 1mil non-crit. That's pretty big when you consider the extra primary/mastery on t20 items, the new trait bonuses, a crit Effuse, Celestial Fortune, or a crit Celestial Fortune.

I wish I had empty globals for such nonsense, though. Maybe it'll remove it from the GCD or something.

My avg effuse is 170k non-crit, at 400% thats 680k. How are you getting 250k+ non-crit Effuses?
    Last edited by redfella; 2017-02-16 at 09:42 PM.
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

10+ Year Old Account
    It is 400% more so 500% (5x).

My effuse with flask is a bit over 180k. So 900k+ effuses with proc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    It is 400% more so 500% (5x).

My effuse with flask is a bit over 180k. So 900k+ effuses with proc.
    Ah yeah, misread that - my bad.

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

dps between hot blooded and tiger palm. i have the legendary chest. but im wondering at what ilvl diff the tiger palm is equiv to hotblooded relics for dps. anyone able to help plz?

"at what ilvl diff the tiger palm is equiv to hotblooded relics for dps"

Face Palm always wins in DPS, unless you are constantly fighting against 5 or more enemies, then HB wins. Relic ilvl doesn't matter much for the Brewmaster. (HB, unsurprisingly, always wins in damage reduction)

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

What sort of dps increase is a tiger palm relic over a non dps one?

Can someone explain me how stagger works when you exit the combat? It depletes faster, but still does damage. How does it calculated?

All of your stagger just expires really fast a couple of seconds after combat. You can't die to stagger but it can take you to 1hp.

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Quote Originally Posted by redfella View Post
    All of your stagger just expires really fast a couple of seconds after combat. You can't die to stagger but it can take you to 1hp.
    Well that is the obvious part, but I need numbers or I will never be able to sleep.