Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrisela View Post
    only melee who have a somewhat valid excuse for not doing those stuff would be dks with poor mobility. (like why ask a dk go to soak/pick up somthing when a dh can get there and back in a few sec)
    yes. sadly our DK is actually the one who is actually a good melee player and he does do mechanics. I wish our rogues would do mechanics, especially since they have their venoms and bleeds up and don't actually lose as much damage as other melee players when doing mechanics....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    You sound like someone who was out-DPSed by a melee once and is now triggered for life at the very possibility of them doing so, to be quite frank.

As for the OP, in my experience Ph3 is the problem, not Ph2 (in Heroic at least). If a group cannot make it past Ph2 without people killing each other with bonds and hellfire, they will probably get demolished by the flames of sarg/eyes/black harvest wombo combos in ph3 unless you have really good DPS and heals.
    I am out-dps'd by melees all the time. I expect to be out dps'd by melees because they are stronger in terms of dps and I do mechanics while they tunnel

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    You sound like someone who was out-DPSed by a melee once and is now triggered for life at the very possibility of them doing so, to be quite frank.
    This is the truth.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    This cracks me up, considering the majority of WoW had melees dealing with most of the mechanics
    Somehow this doesn't seem right to me...

I feel like it's always been range dealing with the majority of mechanics while melee tunnel and occasionally have to move.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    and what good does dwelling in the past do when we live in the present
    That's hypocritical.

The whole point is you point a group of players out as if melee players are a specific type of people. I play all roles (tank, melee, rdps, and heals) but I main a warrior (both tank and dps). I've been busy for most expansions and switching to rdps alts was a holiday for me mostly (obviously this changes between tiers and there's always exceptions). Why is it that one expansion comes around where rdps happens to be the mechanic heavy group and you seem salty as if this is a common occurrence?

The people you're referring to are bad players. Has nothing to do with them being melee or not. It's childish to be salty just because someone happens to catch a break in a tier. Perhaps maybe your break will be next tier. Frankly you seem to be the only triggered one here.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2017-03-20 at 09:01 PM.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post

I feel like it's always been range dealing with the majority of mechanics while melee tunnel and occasionally have to move.
    well in past alot of time melee wasnt very wanted

Deleted

yeah, but you know how melee players are. They come in here defending their non-existant pride no matter if they have to abandon logic or not.

Instead of thanking ranged players for doing all the mechanics and helping their lazy asses out, they come in here insulting and being triggered. Sad world

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    That's hypocritical.

The whole point is you point a group of players out as if melee players are a specific type of people. I play all roles (tank, melee, rdps, and heals) but I main a warrior (both tank and dps). I've been busy for most expansions and switching to rdps alts was a holiday for me mostly (obviously this changes between tiers and there's always exceptions). Why is it that one expansion comes around where rdps happens to be the mechanic heavy group and you seem salty as if this is a common occurrence?

The people you're referring to are bad players. Has nothing to do with them being melee or not.
    I don't disagree with you, but somehow I noticed that those players you describe as bad are more often melees than they are ranges ..

Deleted
    yeah, but you know how melee players are. They come in here defending their non-existant pride no matter if they have to abandon logic or not.

Instead of thanking ranged players for doing all the mechanics and helping their lazy asses out, they come in here insulting and being triggered. Sad world

- - - Updated - - -

I don't disagree with you, but somehow I noticed that those players you describe as bad are more often melees than they are ranges ..
    if melee are more populair you will on average see more mad players playing them

I am out-dps'd by melees all the time. I expect to be out dps'd by melees because they are stronger in terms of dps and I do mechanics while they tunnel
    That's sad, but it shouldn't make you so angry that you rant about melee DPS every chance you get.

Also, again as to the OP: voice chat just makes it all so much easier, as is coordinating healer CDs for Black Harvest. Any fight where one person fucking up can wipe the raid will be hard to pug, and Gul'dan is definitely that. I wouldn't take any chances if I had to pug it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyone who talks about their rank as a reason not to do something during progress doesn't belong on a raid team. Especially tanks.
    I completely agree !

and when you tell them to Heroic Leap to the cake and charge back to the boss
    or tell them to sprint to the cake and hook/shadowstep back to the boss
    or use one of them 50000000 DH abilities to cover distance

they will let you know for the rest of your life that they have no chance of ranking on warcraftlogs.
    bench him for next week's raid, that'll give him the chance to log, ayy

I play melee and get cakes, but I'm WW, so I just flying drag queen kick to it and roll a few times and I'm back to the boss. lol
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

I've played both melee and ranged throughout the life of the game... melee has had plenty of mechanics to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I play tank / melee / ranged, I am just curious as to why you rampage all over the forums about how melee are braindead - when it just seems yours are
    Can't tell if troll or serious; Most melee tunnel, it's a known fact.

Cannot tell you how many times I've seen melee get hit by Fel Beams (0 uptime loss since you're still in range) on Krosus or hell even falling off the bridge because of a 3rd smash on him either.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrisela View Post
    only melee who have a somewhat valid excuse for not doing those stuff would be dks with poor mobility. (like why ask a dk go to soak/pick up somthing when a dh can get there and back in a few sec)
    True for the most part. I'd add Enhance to that list as well. If they ever put a second charge on Feral Lunge though, that excuse goes away. (And if you're about to mention Ghost Wolf, remember that 30% increase is slower than Wraith Walks 70% increase for DK's)

Deleted
    Daaamn Conflux, back at it again with the melee memes.
    Last edited by mmocf683562dda; 2017-03-20 at 09:26 PM.

A melee player has been #TRIGGERED. Don't take it personally. Most melee players just can't help it. Doesn't mean you should feel offended for other people failures.

And I don't hate them, because hate is a strong word.

It is just something that I and many tank, healer and other ranged players noticed.
    Dude the word "MELEE" triggers you

Get over yourself.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I've played both melee and ranged throughout the life of the game... melee has had plenty of mechanics to deal with.
    I'm not saying they don't. The claim was that in previous expacs melee had the majority of mechanics and that just doesn't sound right.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grosbill View Post
    Dude the word "MELEE" triggers you

Get over yourself.
    stop being offended and reflecting that on me. Deal with the reality please.

Do you member hunter being all barrage-y at WoD ? I member

Deleted
    stop being offended and reflecting that on me. Deal with the reality please.
    Sooo.. when are you planning on getting banned again?