Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    I remember at one point there being zone specific macros, but how about continent specific. I occasionally go back to Draenor and get tired of the extra action button for the garrison ability being in my face until i put it on a bar. Anyway to macro along with the Combat Ally ability tied to Broken Isles, so as depending on which continent I'm on, the correct ability is showing?
    This should account for both:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use Combat Ally
    /use Garrison Ability

Those are the names of the "hidden" spells that change into what is active in WoD/Legion zones. Casting those by name should cast whatever ability they have. These shouldn't overlap anywhere ingame, so this should be fine to use both in one.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

When using Spectral Sight as a Demon Hunter, this macro is supposed to target a stealthed player and then hit it with Throw Glaive. However, for some reason the actual hitting part doesn't work. It does however, target correctly.

Code:
    #showtooltip Throw Glaive
    /cleartarget
    /targetenemyplayer
    /cast [stance:1/3, harm, nodead] Throw Glaive
    Anyone know why this isn't working ?

Quote Originally Posted by AngelusMMO View Post
    When using Spectral Sight as a Demon Hunter, this macro is supposed to target a stealthed player and then hit it with Throw Glaive. However, for some reason the actual hitting part doesn't work. It does however, target correctly.

Code:
    #showtooltip Throw Glaive
    /cleartarget
    /targetenemyplayer
    /cast [stance:1/3, harm, nodead] Throw Glaive
    Anyone know why this isn't working ?
    As I neither play nor have a Demon Hunter, I don't know what stances they have, but it's likely an issue with the stance numbering in that macro. Everyone is in stance 0 by default, as far as I recall, but you are telling the macro to only cast Throw Glaive if you're in stance 1 or 3.

If you want to test what stance you are in at any given time, this macro should work for it:

/run local x = GetShapeshiftForm() print("you are in stance: ",x)

You can then modify the macro to be sure it checks for the correct stance.

In case you are trying to use the stance conditional to only target stealthed people, again as far as I know, it doesn't work that way. You can only check your own stance with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    As I neither play nor have a Demon Hunter, I don't know what stances they have, but it's likely an issue with the stance numbering in that macro. Everyone is in stance 0 by default, as far as I recall, but you are telling the macro to only cast Throw Glaive if you're in stance 1 or 3.

If you want to test what stance you are in at any given time, this macro should work for it:

/run local x = GetShapeshiftForm() print("you are in stance: ",x)

You can then modify the macro to be sure it checks for the correct stance.

In case you are trying to use the stance conditional to only target stealthed people, again as far as I know, it doesn't work that way. You can only check your own stance with it.
    I did some research regarding your claims and it seems as though you are very correct in saying those conditionals only check your own stance. Thanks for your time!

Hello. So I'm setting up my disc priest alt, and that includes macros. Since I'm spoiled by them, I decided to make a one button macro for second row of talents (Angelic Feather, Masochism, etc.). So I wrote something like this:

Code:
    #showtooltip [talent:2/1]Angelic Feather;[talent:2/2]Power Word: Shield;[talent:2/3]Shadow Mend
    /use [talent:2/1][nomod,@player][]Angelic Feather
    /use [talent:2/2][@player][]Power Word: Shield
    /use [talent:2/3][@player][]Shadow Mend
    It is supposed to work as following:
    If I have Angelic Feather talented, upon pressing the button without any shifts, alts, etc. my character casts feather under herself. If any shifts, etc. are pressed spell behaves normally, allowing me to position feathers for later use.
    If I have Body and Soul talented, upon pressing the button it just gives me Power Word: Shield along with the speed buff.
    If I have Masochism talnted, upon pressing the button it casts Shadow Mend on myself, allowing the talent to do its thing.

However, how it turned out, whatever I do and whatever talent I choose, it always casts PW:S on myself. I guess it's rather basic, and usually I don't have troubles with talent macros, but usually they don't involve two spells that are always available. All help will be appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Devonitar View Post
    Hello. So I'm setting up my disc priest alt, and that includes macros. Since I'm spoiled by them, I decided to make a one button macro for second row of talents (Angelic Feather, Masochism, etc.). So I wrote something like this:

Code:
    #showtooltip [talent:2/1]Angelic Feather;[talent:2/2]Power Word: Shield;[talent:2/3]Shadow Mend
    /use [talent:2/1][nomod,@player][]Angelic Feather
    /use [talent:2/2][@player][]Power Word: Shield
    /use [talent:2/3][@player][]Shadow Mend
    It is supposed to work as following:
    If I have Angelic Feather talented, upon pressing the button without any shifts, alts, etc. my character casts feather under herself. If any shifts, etc. are pressed spell behaves normally, allowing me to position feathers for later use.
    If I have Body and Soul talented, upon pressing the button it just gives me Power Word: Shield along with the speed buff.
    If I have Masochism talnted, upon pressing the button it casts Shadow Mend on myself, allowing the talent to do its thing.

However, how it turned out, whatever I do and whatever talent I choose, it always casts PW:S on myself. I guess it's rather basic, and usually I don't have troubles with talent macros, but usually they don't involve two spells that are always available. All help will be appreciated!
    The empty brackets are the problem. Think of every bracket as a Boolean, with everything in the brackets connected with "and" and separate bracket items with "or". All three lines you have there read like this:

If "talent" or "player" or true then cast end

The empty brackets in a macro is a shortcut that always evaluates to true and since you're using the "or" configuration, the talent conditionals are completely ignored and the macro will try to cast all three spells every time. Also, you do not need anything after #showtooltip, the macro will automatically evaluate the icon and tooltip. You put something after #showtooltip if you want the icon to be different than what the macro does.

Here's something that should work for you:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [talent:2/3,@player] Shadow Mend; [talent:2/2,@player] Power Word: Shield; [talent:2/1,nomod,@player][talent:2/1,mod] Angelic Feather

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Here's something that should work for you:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [talent:2/3,@player] Shadow Mend; [talent:2/2,@player] Power Word: Shield; [talent:2/1,nomod,@player][talent:2/1,mod] Angelic Feather
    Works like a dream, thanks!

So trying to get this macro to work but I'm at a loss here.

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:alt, @cursor] Demonic Gateway; [mod:shift,talent:5/2] Burning Rush; [talent:3/1] Demonic Circle(Summon); [talent:3/3]Howl of Terror;

I'm trying to put Talent 5:3 ; Dark Pact on the mod:shift but however i try it Dark pact just kind of completley takes over the macro when talented.
    I seriously can't figure out why.
    So here I am.
    Any amazing macro-guru want to hook me up?

Quote Originally Posted by miscreant View Post
    So trying to get this macro to work but I'm at a loss here.

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:alt, @cursor] Demonic Gateway; [mod:shift,talent:5/2] Burning Rush; [talent:3/1] Demonic Circle(Summon); [talent:3/3]Howl of Terror;

I'm trying to put Talent 5:3 ; Dark Pact on the mod:shift but however i try it Dark pact just kind of completley takes over the macro when talented.
    I seriously can't figure out why.
    So here I am.
    Any amazing macro-guru want to hook me up?
    Putting it before or after Burning Rush, exactly as you have Burning Rush, should work. Not sure why it wouldn't. Try splitting the macro into separate lines.
    Also, you got Demonic Circle wrong, it's a colon then the type. That could be the issue, I don't have a warlock to test.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [mod:alt,@cursor] Demonic Gateway
    /use [mod:shift,talent:5/2] Burning Rush; [mod:shift,talent:5/3] Dark Pact
    /use [talent:3/1] Demonic Circle: Summon; [talent:3/3] Howl of Terror

Putting it before or after Burning Rush, exactly as you have Burning Rush, should work. Not sure why it wouldn't. Try splitting the macro into separate lines.
    Also, you got Demonic Circle wrong, it's a colon then the type. That could be the issue, I don't have a warlock to test.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [mod:alt,@cursor] Demonic Gateway
    /use [mod:shift,talent:5/2] Burning Rush; [mod:shift,talent:5/3] Dark Pact
    /use [talent:3/1] Demonic Circle: Summon; [talent:3/3] Howl of Terror
    This worked! Thanks alot Mr! Much obliged!

15+ Year Old Account
    I would like a macro that do the following:
    A: If my pet is active the keypress on the macro dismiss it.
    B: If my pet is not active it summons it

Thank you in advance
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I would like a macro that do the following:
    A: If my pet is active the keypress on the macro dismiss it.
    B: If my pet is not active it summons it

Thank you in advance
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [nopet] Call Pet; [pet] Dismiss Pet

I don't play a class with pets, so I'm not familiar with the names of the spells that summon pets. You simply need [pet] and [nopet] for conditionals and the spell names. You can further clarify [pet] with the pet's name or type, such as [pet:wolf]. These conditionals work for any class with a controllable combat pet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [nopet] Call Pet; [pet] Dismiss Pet

I don't play a class with pets, so I'm not familiar with the names of the spells that summon pets. You simply need [pet] and [nopet] for conditionals and the spell names. You can further clarify [pet] with the pet's name or type, such as [pet:wolf]. These conditionals work for any class with a controllable combat pet.
    Thx for the reply. it did not work though but I found a working one. Cheers
    #showtooltip Raise Dead
    /cast [nopet] Raise Dead
    /petdismiss [pet]
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    Last edited by Bakis; 2017-08-06 at 07:09 PM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I am looking for a macro that toggle the "collection" window open/close and one same for "looking for group" window.
    Last edited by Planetdune; 2017-08-16 at 07:34 PM.

Both of those windows have a keybind. Default keybind for collections is Shift-P and LFG is I.

Both of those windows have a keybind. Default keybind for collections is Shift-P and LFG is I.
    I know this but I cant enter as macro "Shift-P" right ? And it needs to be a macro, not a keybind for addon reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    I know this but I cant enter as macro "Shift-P" right ? And it needs to be a macro, not a keybind for addon reasons.
    Ahh, I see. If you look at FrameXML/Bindings.xml in the UI code, most if not all bindings use a function. Here's the relevant functions for toggling the LFG and Collections windows (the bold text):

Code:
    	<Binding name="TOGGLEGROUPFINDER" header="BLANK13" category="BINDING_HEADER_INTERFACE">
    		PVEFrame_ToggleFrame()
    	</Binding>
    	<Binding name="TOGGLEDUNGEONSANDRAIDS" category="BINDING_HEADER_INTERFACE">
    		PVEFrame_ToggleFrame("GroupFinderFrame", nil)
    	</Binding>
    	<Binding name="TOGGLECHARACTER4" category="BINDING_HEADER_INTERFACE">
    		TogglePVPUI()
    	</Binding>

<Binding name="TOGGLECOLLECTIONS" header="BLANK14" category="BINDING_HEADER_INTERFACE">
    		ToggleCollectionsJournal()
    	</Binding>
    	<Binding name="TOGGLECOLLECTIONSMOUNTJOURNAL" category="BINDING_HEADER_INTERFACE">
    		ToggleCollectionsJournal(1)
    	</Binding>
    	<Binding name="TOGGLECOLLECTIONSPETJOURNAL" category="BINDING_HEADER_INTERFACE">
    		ToggleCollectionsJournal(2)
    	</Binding>
    	<Binding name="TOGGLECOLLECTIONSTOYBOX" category="BINDING_HEADER_INTERFACE">
    		ToggleCollectionsJournal(3)
    	</Binding>
    	<Binding name="TOGGLECOLLECTIONSHEIRLOOM" category="BINDING_HEADER_INTERFACE">
    		ToggleCollectionsJournal(4)
    	</Binding>
    	<Binding name="TOGGLECOLLECTIONSWARDROBE" category="BINDING_HEADER_INTERFACE">
    		ToggleCollectionsJournal(5)
    	</Binding>

To use those functions in a macro:

Code:
    /run functionname()

I do a lot of fishing. (I'm trying to level up the fishing artifact to at least 12 out of 24.)

One thing that happens is, I get attacked. I'd like to have a macro that:

[nocombat] If my fishing artifact isn't equipped, I want to equip it. If it IS equipped, I want to cast Fishing.

[combat] Equip my spec's artifact AND action-bar-paging bar #1.

Is all of that possible?

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    I do a lot of fishing. (I'm trying to level up the fishing artifact to at least 12 out of 24.)

One thing that happens is, I get attacked. I'd like to have a macro that:

[nocombat] If my fishing artifact isn't equipped, I want to equip it. If it IS equipped, I want to cast Fishing.

[combat] Equip my spec's artifact AND action-bar-paging bar #1.

Is all of that possible?
    Code:
    #show
    /equip [nocombat] Underlight Angler; Fangs of Ashamane
    /changeactionbar [combat] 1
    /cast [nocombat] fishing
    I think this will do what you want. Just replace "Fangs of Ashamane" with the name of your artifact.

I'm doing fishing on my main (death knight; in current content, I solo-quest as blood, and when I out-gear content, I solo-quest as frost).

How do I know which spec is which?

So, for instance, line 2, I know I'd do [spec:#] Maw of the Damned; [spec:2] Blades of the Prince (or whatever they're called). But I've never been clear on what spec is what #.