Page 1 of 2
LastLast

If a cop randomly pulled a gun on you and you had one: Retaliate or accept death?

Say a cop out of sheer paranoia (maybe because of your looks) thought you were doing something when you weren't and pulled a gun on you, AND you were armed for self-defense, would you just accept him shooting and likely killing you or retaliate? Generally when it comes to these cops shoot innocent situations, the innocent is never armed with a gun of his own or at all.

But if you shoot a cop in self-defense, you'll get the death penalty or life imprisonment anyway with the law working against you so, with that said, would you rather just die from the cop?

I'd just be cooperative,not resist nd I wouldn't get shot,that usually work

I wouldn't go full re- and do something that would potentially get me shot

/thread

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Say a cop out of sheer paranoia (maybe because of your looks) thought you were doing something when you weren't and pulled a gun on you, AND you were armed for self-defense, would you just accept him shooting and likely killing you or retaliate? Generally when it comes to these cops shoot innocent situations, the innocent is never armed with a gun of his own or at all.

But if you shoot a cop in self-defense, you'll get the death penalty or life imprisonment anyway with the law working against you so, with that said, would you rather just die from the cop?
    In the end, you are putting it up as dying now or dying later. I would choose later..

But do i have a 100% risk of dying from being shot? If not, then i would proberly take the shot to the body-
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

If the situation escalates to the point that the officer pulls a gun on someone - what about not do either of those options and actually comply and cooperate with the cop? Seriously, this isn't rocket science.

Why would I choose instant death when there is little hope in the future (however small it may be)?

If he wasn't actually going to shoot you, he will definitely do so when you pull a gun. Self-fullfilling prophecy much?

i would cooperate and not resist. i wouldnt move my arms or hands to indicate reaching for anything and id follow instructions. its pretty easy.

I'd raise my hands, get on the floor, and severely hope he doesn't shoot me.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

What kind of an ill-conceived "what if" scenario is this? In what world do you live in that pulling a gun on a police officer is ever justifiable or "retaliation?" There are so many issues with this that it boggles the mind. Here are some of the most egregious ones.

1. Pulling a gun on someone already pointing one at you is almost certainly going to end in you getting shot. Unless in this fantasy situation you some how anticipate the police officer pulling a gun on you and gets yours out simultaneously.
    2. Whether or not a police officer is justified in pointing their firearm at you, there is no chance that you pointing one at them will ever be acceptable. The time to determine the lawfulness of their actions is not during the confrontation. No jury and no court system is going to accept your self-defense explanation for why you shot a police officer.
    3. The reality is that police officers do not shoot unarmed and innocent people in such regularity that you can form a generalization. I'm guessing that you're basing your opinion on what you read in the news. These are extremely rare cases and not in any way the norm. The idea that in those cases the person would have been better off shooting the police officer is absolutely insane.
    Last edited by sionus; 2017-08-19 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sionus View Post
    What kind of an ill-conceived "what if" scenario is this? In what world do you live in that pulling a gun on a police officer is ever justifiable or "retaliation?" There are so many issues with this that it boggles the mind. Here are some of the most egregious ones.
    Look at OP's posting history.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Look at OP's posting history.
    What a string of absolutely garbage posts.

What makes you people think the cop won't immediately shoot?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1619842

yeee dawg i'd run ova to my dawg Latreyvondawn's crib and trade him some weed for a gun and then cap dat pig yo

i din do nuffin but i juss needa shoot a pig u feel cuh?

Not a problem where I live. People aren't armed and police are less paranoid as a result.

10+ Year Old Account

Oh boy another cop hate thread.
    Last edited by Mister Cheese; 2017-08-19 at 10:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

There it is! I was wondering what news was this stupid scenario based in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Oh boy another cop hate thread.
    The first post gave that away. The comment and link proved this entire thread is nothing but bait.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're dead either way. Better to be a martyr against overzealous cops than to be painted as a cop killer.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm.. These choices seem biased in a way, and I have my trouble believing there isn't a 3rd option.

Where I live, you gotta have been in serious shit, before the cops pull their service pistol.

So, I'll take option 3, comply to the officer's request of potentially, standing ground and not do anything fishy. This option also have a higher success chance of not dying.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..