Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Power level of Argus the Unmaker (spoiler)

We finally have another boss that's actually strong enough to one shot us. We haven't had a boss this powerful since the Lich King. I believe the Lich King could still defeat us but he would actually have to try this time where as back then. He defeated us without trying. But I think it's safe to say Argus took the crown as the most powerful boss we ever fought so far. Seeing as he can one shot us and the fact that we need the pantheon's help in the fight.

So the top 5 strongest boss is probably this. Counting all bosses not just final bosses.

1. Argus the Unmaker
    2. Arthas the Lich King
    3. Avatar of Evil Aggrammar
    4. Kil'jaeden the Deceiver/ Archimonde the Defiler
    5. Deathwing the Aspect of Death
    6. Yoga Saron the God of Death
    7. Juiced up Garrosh the Leader of the True Horde
    8. Lei Shen the Thunder King
    9. Malygos the Aspect of Magic
    10. Algalon the Observer

Feel free to make your own top 10 list.
    Last edited by LarryWithTheWeatherReport; 2017-09-21 at 07:54 PM.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

Deathwing could one shot you a year before the raid even came out.

We could solo Arthas by now.

It's sad how trashed and underrated both KJ and Archimonde are these days, but we can't blame people, only Blizz for their shit treatment to them in both WoD and Legion.

TBC Archimonde and KJ were fights to behold the power they have. Both can wipe Arthas, and let us not forget Azshara who is close to them. So no, Argus ain't the strongest boss since Arthas, is the strongest ever but the Lich King is pretty much the weakest but for Garrosh.
    Last edited by SilenceRedo; 2017-09-21 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryWithTheWeatherReport View Post
    Yoga Sarong, God of poorly chosen Clothing

Arthas ABOVE KJ/Archimonde, Aggramar, and Lei'shen? Cmon now....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Yoga Sarong, God of poorly chosen Clothing
    But...Old Gods don't have clothes....

Or....DO THEY?! D:

Lei'shen
    Arguable. I think Lich King Arthas is superior. But putting him above those others is topkek. Aggramar even in this husk echoed form should wipe even Archimonde and KJ together.

TOP 5 makes top 10 lol. Also where is this Yoga Saron, that sounds fun.

1. Argus the Unmaker
    2. Arthas the Lich King
    10. Algalon the Observer
    lemme just reorganise the list so it makes sense
    1. Argus the Unmaker
    2: Aggrammar
    3: KJ / Archimonde
    4: Yogg-saron
    5: Deathwing
    6: Malygos
    7: Lei shen
    8: Arthas
    9: Garrosh
    10: Algalon

altho even with this redone list i'm not sure if i'm right with the placing of Yogg i think an arguement could be made for him being placed higher than KJ / Archimonde
    Last edited by yinyatto; 2017-09-21 at 07:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard went on record said Lei Shen could smash Arthas 1 v 1 hands down.

He should be at the bottom of that list, the Lich King wasn't a very powerful enemy, only the fact he could create an army of the undead. the Lich King gets a lot of rep because a lot of the lore characters had personal reasons for wanting to stop him, more than say Deathwing or Garrosh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Really... Arthas in 2nd place?
    Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Deleted
    2. Arthas the Lich King
    You're just BLIND by nostalgia mate.
    Arthas, even with his powers, is weaker than many others.

Deleted
    So the top 5 strongest boss is probably this. Counting all bosses not just final bosses.

1. Argus the Unmaker
    2. Arthas the Lich King
    10. Algalon the Observer

Deathwing should be a lot higher and the Lich King a lot lower. But still I find it difficult to compare Deathwing and a Titan like Aggramar or Argus. A dragon Aspect, even empowered by the Titans (as well as the Old Gods in Deathwing's case) shouldn't be more powerful than an actual Titan. But then again we needed deus ex machina miracle powers to have a shot at Deathwing while we can simply pew pew actual Titans like Aggramar and Argus dead. That kinda states that Deathwing was a more difficult fight.

Or brush it up as Blizzard bad writing, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    We finally have another boss that's actually strong enough to one shot us. We haven't had a boss this powerful since the Lich King. I believe the Lich King could still defeat us but he would actually have to try this time where as back then. He defeated us without trying. But I think it's safe to say Argus took the crown as the most powerful boss we ever fought so far. Seeing as he can one shot us and the fact that we need the pantheon's help in the fight.

1. Argus the Unmaker
    2. Arthas the Lich King
    10. Algalon the Observer

DW is much stronger than Arthas, dude. Hell, DW is the only fight in the entire game that takes up the last TWO boss fights of the last raid dungeon. Not only that, but you also need the power of all the Dragon Aspects and Thrall with the Dragon Soul to take him out.

With that said, I still give the most powerful boss so far to Argus since he is a fully empowered Titan.

I'd go:

1: Argus
    2: DW
    4: KJ/Archi
    5: TLK
    6: Algalon? This guy is a mystery, he could be insanely powerful, we don't know. He exists outside our dimension or something and us defeating him didn't actually kill him (or possibly even harm him). He just acknowledged our strength and stopped the world cleansing protocol thing. He is currently alive and well and we can even pet battle him for an astral bunny pet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kardagh View Post
    Blizzard went on record said Lei Shen could smash Arthas 1 v 1 hands down.

He should be at the bottom of that list, the Lich King wasn't a very powerful enemy, only the fact he could create an army of the undead. the Lich King gets a lot of rep because a lot of the lore characters had personal reasons for wanting to stop him, more than say Deathwing or Garrosh.
    Arthas' power comes from his ability to raise and control hordes of undead (giants/dragons/beasts/etc). In a 1v1 fight, Arthas is actually one of the WEAKEST characters in the game.

However, with his absolute control over legions of undead, he is pretty powerful. Also, he can raise already poweful lore characters and make them fight for him, so if you take that into account, his power is limitless. Like, imagine if he raised DW under his control. Game over, man.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2017-09-21 at 09:55 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    However, with his absolute control over legions of undead, he is pretty powerful. Also, he can raise already poweful lore characters and make them fight for him, so if you take that into account, his power is limitless. Like, imagine if he raised DW under his control. Game over, man.
    I'd go as far and say that certain beings cannot be even raised by the Lich King.

Deathwing has been corrupted to the point where he wasn't even considered a Dragon anymore, during the Madness of Deathwing encounter he was tagged as Elemental.

Aside from that, due the corruption of the Old Gods he might simply be immune to any necromancy, which has it's root in shadow magic after all.

Ignoring the fact that Deathwing couldn't even be killed, you could destroy his form, but he would just "reform" into another shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    DW is much stronger than Arthas, dude. Hell, DW is the only fight in the entire game that takes up the last TWO boss fights of the last raid dungeon. Not only that, but you also need the power of all the Dragon Aspects and Thrall with the Dragon Soul to take him out.

With that said, I still give the most powerful boss so far to Argus since he is a fully empowered Titan.

I'd go:

1: Argus
    2: DW
    4: KJ/Archi
    5: TLK
    6: Algalon? This guy is a mystery, he could be insanely powerful, we don't know. He exists outside our dimension or something and us defeating him didn't actually kill him (or possibly even harm him). He just acknowledged our strength and stopped the world cleansing protocol thing. He is currently alive and well and we can even pet battle him for an astral bunny pet.

- - - Updated - - -

Arthas' power comes from his ability to raise and control hordes of undead (giants/dragons/beasts/etc). In a 1v1 fight, Arthas is actually one of the WEAKEST characters in the game.

You have take account that even when he ressed KT he had to use sunwell so ressing DW would take more powerful than Arthas could have or really long preparation with gathering huge amounts of magic. and first of all he needs DW's corpse and his corpse had to disintegrated to defeat him.

1) Argus
    3) KJ/Archi
    4) DW
    5) Yogg
    6) Lei Shen
    7) C'thun or Cho'gall as avatar of c'thun with hammer of twilight "The Hammer was forged for Cho'gall by Wildhammer smiths,[1] commissioned by Deathwing and imbued with power of the Old Gods" When we take account that power of many old gods which reffers atleast two old god gave power to that hammer
    8) Lk/Hulked Gul'dan
    9) Malygos
    10) Cenarius/Xavius(as a Nightmare lord)
    Last edited by Terongor; 2017-09-21 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Deathwing should be a lot higher and the Lich King a lot lower. But still I find it difficult to compare Deathwing and a Titan like Aggramar or Argus. A dragon Aspect, even empowered by the Titans (as well as the Old Gods in Deathwing's case) shouldn't be more powerful than an actual Titan. But then again we needed deus ex machina miracle powers to have a shot at Deathwing while we can simply pew pew actual Titans like Aggramar and Argus dead. That kinda states that Deathwing was a more difficult fight.

Or brush it up as Blizzard bad writing, as usual.
    Aggramar is in Avatar state when we fight him.

However, Argus is an ACTUAL Titan. He's so strong, he could unmake the Universe. We needed the Powers of both ALL the Titan Spirits, the Artifacts, as well as the power's we've gathered beforehand (Like the Artifact power, and Kirin-tor shit). And even then, with all of that, we died to Argus. Had it not been for Eonar's resurrection, the Multiverse would've been gone. Argus is Sargeras' fuck it button, his top dog, his Brother. Yes, you may say that Argus is weakened, but...is he really? I mean, it's possible that Sargeras brings him back to his full strength just before the fight. Hell, Argus isn't even a World Soul anymore, since if he were a World Soul, then he wouldn't have a Mortal-like Voice. If anything, he'd have a song as a voice, a broken one.

Whatever your choices, Argus should be number one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilenceRedo View Post
    We could solo Arthas by now.

It's sad how trashed and underrated both KJ and Archimonde are these days, but we can't blame people, only Blizz for their shit treatment to them in both WoD and Legion.

TBC Archimonde and KJ were fights to behold the power they have. Both can wipe Arthas, and let us not forget Azshara who is close to them. So no, Argus ain't the strongest boss since Arthas, is the strongest ever but the Lich King is pretty much the weakest but for Garrosh.
    I mean... 4th down behind a literal world soul, a demi-god and a titan.

For once mortals, they have gone a -very- long way.

- - - Updated - - -

All these people forgetting just how strong the Lich King technically is, especially when you consider souls multiply his capability. It would have been interesting to see LK vs DW in a 1v1, however the Lich King would never let it come down to that. He has power in numbers, obviously.

Say the heroes died at the end of WotLK and by the time Cata hits most of the world is undead servants, would they be able to beat the twilight cult+twilight dragonflight+deathwing at that point? Maybe. Unsure, actually. It's fun to think about, though.
    Last edited by Manabomb; 2017-09-21 at 11:10 PM.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Also, to everyone talking about Power Levels, this is my thing (Not including Sargeras, The Elemental Lords, the Void Lords, or the other Old Gods, since I am quoting the past lists people have been posting lately):

1. Argus the Unmaker (Is Capable of unmaking the Universe).

2. Aggramar's Avatar (Similar to Sargeras' Avatar, but Aggramar's trained up, and empowered by Sargeras a bit).

3. Kil'jaeden/Archimonde (1 Eredar Warlock in the Prophet's Lesson short story, is so strong, his small ritual broke the entire Planet's crust. Well, in a vision that is).

4. Deathwing (You know why).

5. Odyn/Helya.

6. Yogg'saron "Ulduar" (Strong enough to have taken us on, had it not been for the Titan Keepers, and their help). Gonna also put Lei'shen here for future Reference.

7. Hulked Gul'dan.

8. Xavius (Full Power, AKA Emerald Nightmare Version).

9. The Lich King (Himself ONLY).

10. Cho'gall.

And, lastly, 11. The Dragon Aspects (Talking about the Present Day Aspects. They're not strong enough to take on many threats).

That's it.

- - - Updated - - -

Funny how the Galactus looking Titan is the most powerful one.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    I mean... 4th down behind a literal world soul, a demi-god and a titan.

For once mortals, they have gone a -very- long way.

- - - Updated - - -

All these people forgetting just how strong the Lich King technically is, especially when you consider souls multiply his capability. It would have been interesting to see LK vs DW in a 1v1, however the Lich King would never let it come down to that. He has power in numbers, obviously.

Say the heroes died at the end of WotLK and by the time Cata hits most of the world is undead servants, would they be able to beat the twilight cult+twilight dragonflight+deathwing at that point? Maybe. Unsure, actually. It's fun to think about, though.
    I mean, Argus isn't even a World Soul anymore.

He's a LITTERAL Titan when we fight him. Sure, he doesn't LOOK IT, but that's due to all the Torment Sargeras put on him. Hell, Sargeras looks tormented also, yet he's the Strongest Titan of them all.

However, we DO see Argus in World Soul form, and that's during the Aggramar fight. However, Argus is fully birthed during the Seat of The Pantheon.