Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    There won't be one for 5-10 years, because Blizzard hates Diablo and how they've treated it for 20 years proves that fact.
    Diablo III is one of the biggest selling games in history, it's in the top 20 of most copies sold, and the Diablo franchise has sold more copies of all games than the entire Fallout franchise. Trust me, Blizzard does not hate Diablo, it's made them a mountain of money. They're redoing the first two so people can still play it, they hate it so much, and kept the Diablo servers online and updated all this time, because they hate it so much.

LOL. C'mon. They're hiring for a new game in the franchise. Fact. They're still actively developing for D3, at least in the form of patches and character packs. Fact. It's been a huge success financially. Fact.

The only issue the game has had is the last couple of years it's lacked leadership in the form of management, but the guy who left for WoW returned, and is posting in the forums and making blog posts.

Trust me, they don't hate Diablo at Blizzard. That's just your butthurt or whatever talking.

Deleted
    Diablo with darksouls gameplay

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Diablo III is one of the biggest selling games in history, it's in the top 20 of most copies sold, and the Diablo franchise has sold more copies of all games than the entire Fallout franchise. Trust me, Blizzard does not hate Diablo, it's made them a mountain of money. They're redoing the first two so people can still play it, they hate it so much, and kept the Diablo servers online and updated all this time, because they hate it so much.

LOL. C'mon. They're hiring for a new game in the franchise. Fact. They're still actively developing for D3, at least in the form of patches and character packs. Fact. It's been a huge success financially. Fact.

The only issue the game has had is the last couple of years it's lacked leadership in the form of management, but the guy who left for WoW returned, and is posting in the forums and making blog posts.

Trust me, they don't hate Diablo at Blizzard. That's just your butthurt or whatever talking.
    Perhaps hate is the wrong word, but they don't give the Diablo franchise the same quality treatment they give their other franchises and that's just fact. It took them so many years to come out with D3. The second expansion for D3 has been scrapped (see proof: sale of necromancer pack). Is it still being updated? Yes, but they get scraps compared to WoW, Hearthstone, Hots, SC2 to an extent (similar reason to below).

Do I blame them? No, not at all. D3 has a very different business model and it doesn't support the constant creation of new content because it has no financial way of providing for the new content. I think the class may of been an experiment to see how it would do and see if they could look at using that as a way to pay for more new content and while there is rumors of the druid class coming, and it wouldn't surprise me, but I don't think that's the way to go and it would just be filler stuff until the new game (as the druid would of already been in production before necromancer came out).

Whenever the new diablo game comes out, I think we'll see a new business model accompany it to solve these problems but until then, D3 isn't really going to be changing drastically or getting major new content.

Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    Perhaps hate is the wrong word, but they don't give the Diablo franchise the same quality treatment they give their other franchises and that's just fact. It took them so many years to come out with D3. The second expansion for D3 has been scrapped (see proof: sale of necromancer pack). Is it still being updated? Yes, but they get scraps compared to WoW, Hearthstone, Hots, SC2 to an extent (similar reason to below).

Do I blame them? No, not at all. D3 has a very different business model and it doesn't support the constant creation of new content because it has no financial way of providing for the new content. I think the class may of been an experiment to see how it would do and see if they could look at using that as a way to pay for more new content and while there is rumors of the druid class coming, and it wouldn't surprise me, but I don't think that's the way to go and it would just be filler stuff until the new game (as the druid would of already been in production before necromancer came out).

Whenever the new diablo game comes out, I think we'll see a new business model accompany it to solve these problems but until then, D3 isn't really going to be changing drastically or getting major new content.
    The D2-D3 period was because they scrapped the first attempt at a new game, and started over from scratch. I don't look at it as an indictment against Blizzard like you do, it's just what happened. They regrouped, and put out a solid game. Diablo, for whatever reasons, takes a long time to make. Smaller team, the art is harder, who knows what it is, but it just is. I just laugh when people say "Blizzard hates Diablo" when they filled several Scrooge McDuck vaults from the money D3 made them alone.

Personally, I think the second expansion was scrapped because the lead guy left. Can't blame Blizzard for that.

The reality, I think, is that Diablo has to provide a TON of gameplay out of the box, because it's not an MMO. The base game is a LOT of game, and that takes time to make. Same for games like Fallout, or Grand Theft Auto. Those games takes years to develop. WoW took as long for vanilla, because that was a ton of content, and scaled back considerably for expansions, because they're not adding as much terrain and content as the base game. So yeah, Diablo games are gonna take a while to ship, especially with the look and polish that Diablo games are expected to have. Just in terms of graphics, D3 is a beautiful game - and that kind of quality takes time. You're still trying to make a case that Diablo is somehow a second class citizen within Blizzard, when the reality is most likely the difficulty of producing a game like that with it's millions of pieces to put together, than anything else.

-snip-

Personally, I think the second expansion was scrapped because the lead guy left. Can't blame Blizzard for that.

-snip-
    I kinda agree with everything here.

About the scrapped content and current state of the game: i think there's both Blizzard and lead guys direct responsibility here. Vanilla was doomed by a very poor itemization plus AH that has been proven to be one of the worst choices for the genre. RoS changed completely the direction of the game and that worked for a while but didn't solve the issues in the long term.
    I think that there are some core design decision that are just plain wrong, or better, didn't help the game on the long term. Now we have a game in maintenance mode with possibly occasional class DLC made to spice up things periodically and get some revenue to justify additional support.
    Blizzard doesn't hate Diablo at all. But given the whole pipeline of projects they have in their hands, it's pretty reasonable to put it low priority since there are way more lucrative products that need attention. I expect a switch in priorities for next Diablo game (with possible different business model) because a lot of people is very attached to the franchise and no one (nor players nor Blizzard) wants it to die.

The biggest problem right now is that D3 simply CANNOT give additional gameplay without going on an "expansion" level of content. Also, the current systems are so set in stone that devs simply don't have the resources to redo them all over another time. Stuff like sets being so crucial, GRs being the "one and all" and so on. We won't get anything new from the game - it's simply not worth for them and all efforts now are put on the new game.

Again, it's a problem due to the choices made at the beginning. RoS has been more damage control than anything else (which to me also explains why we didn't get as much content as expected from the expansion).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

7+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Hey everyone,

BlizzCon draws near, and we wanted to give you an update about Diablo’s presence at the show. Last year at BlizzCon, we kicked off Diablo’s 20th anniversary by announcing the old-school cathedral dungeon (if you missed that the first time around, it’s coming back in January) and unveiling Rise of the Necromancer. This year, we want to give you a heads-up that while Diablo will be on the show floor, we won’t be making any new Diablo announcements. There will be a time for that at some point in the future, but that time is not now.

However, in addition to the special BlizzCon Diablo III in-game reward, we’ll also have Diablo panels for attendees and Virtual Ticket holders, and, as always, we look forward to a weekend filled with fun and revelry with the heroes who call Sanctuary home.

Patch 2.6.1 is on the horizon. Looking beyond that, we’re hard at work on the future of Diablo and exploring what’s next for the franchise. Please be patient. Our passion for Sanctuary burns as bright as the High Heavens and as hot as the Burning Hells—and we’re excited to hunker down and get working!

Until next time,
    The Diablo Development Team
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20759227193#1

Well, not even a Diablo 2 remaster announcement then, which is pure speculation but a grumpy gamer can hope....

At least we won't hold our breaths during the opening ceremony this year.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    Hey everyone,

BlizzCon draws near, and we wanted to give you an update about Diablo’s presence at the show. Last year at BlizzCon, we kicked off Diablo’s 20th anniversary by announcing the old-school cathedral dungeon (if you missed that the first time around, it’s coming back in January) and unveiling Rise of the Necromancer. This year, we want to give you a heads-up that while Diablo will be on the show floor, we won’t be making any new Diablo announcements. There will be a time for that at some point in the future, but that time is not now.

However, in addition to the special BlizzCon Diablo III in-game reward, we’ll also have Diablo panels for attendees and Virtual Ticket holders, and, as always, we look forward to a weekend filled with fun and revelry with the heroes who call Sanctuary home.

Patch 2.6.1 is on the horizon. Looking beyond that, we’re hard at work on the future of Diablo and exploring what’s next for the franchise. Please be patient. Our passion for Sanctuary burns as bright as the High Heavens and as hot as the Burning Hells—and we’re excited to hunker down and get working!

Until next time,
    RIP Diablo MMO excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    Hey everyone,

Until next time,
    Not surprising. The most I'd hoped for was a new character pack, but seems like that isn't happening either. But if they're working on a first person game, it's probably gonna be a while before they reveal it. Sadly. Those game are just a bunch of work. I never bought into an MMO, because their hiring patterns aren't for an MMO, they looking for experience with them, probably for making things like crafting, but they're not hiring the kinds of people they'd need for an MMO - or the sheer number of people they'd need.

Whelp. Even less interested in Blizzcon now. I'm mildly interested in the next expansion, but have no plans to play it.

Posted also in the other thread: kinda expected and good to see they're telling us beforehand to keep unnecessary hype down.

There's nothing new on the line for D3. They're going with a new Diablo game and they're going with a remaster of some sort and it's all confirmed by the job listings happened in the past months.

Simply put, they have nothing of value to show right now. This doesn't mean there won't be anything in the future.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    What Blizzard does about D3 is a failure. When the Path of Exile gets a patch, you see changes, new PoE Orbs, new maps. What is the best patch for D3? They changed the stats by a few hundred%, nothing else, they had to work a lot! That's why I prefer PoE
    I Use PoE currency for buy poe orbs and rare items for my hero, check Odealo for buy currency
    Last edited by mmoc60513c2d43; 2018-01-07 at 03:59 PM.

Deleted
    Not surprising. The most I'd hoped for was a new character pack, but seems like that isn't happening either. But if they're working on a first person game, it's probably gonna be a while before they reveal it.
    If they are working in a first person diablo i have mixed feelings about it.
    Theorically, first person games are better than isometric ones, BUT, if they are gonna make a musha game such as dinasty warriors, or the latest Dragon quest musha games, i am not interested in a game like that.
    On the other hand, if the goal is to make a DS like game, and they manage to make a combat system on par with dark souls or with dragon´s dogma, then my Hype with the game would reach the max, a DS game in the diablo universe sounds too good to me.

BTW: Nioh is being released for PC november the seventh,and for what i have gathered it seems to be a game DS like with Diablo like loot, so i suggest you guys take a look at it to get a feeling of how could a first person diablo be like.
    Last edited by mmoccf1d2005b5; 2017-11-02 at 12:31 PM.