Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Do you hate the community?

This is not a flamethread - just a curious question.

If you hate it, why and why do you stay?

I hate people; mostly ignorant newcomers who just don't get it and they are likely to start flamethreads(this is the general tendency).

I ALSO hate veterans, who are just doing nothing about the direction this community is heading, not defending the good forum codex. Why do you look away, when more and more idiots are being loud with "will X kill Wow?" and so forth(you fcking invested 13 years of your life, just to be quiet?)? Why are you not AS LOUD because of WoWs success?

I stay because I love the game, unconditionally and with trust in Blizz.

Tell us?
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-11-15 at 10:54 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hate is a strong word. There are some good people, and there's some good discussions.

It's just that most people are incredibly ignorant about all sorts of topics, from things every adult human should know to more pertinent stuff like game development pipelines and corporate structures and so forth. And worse, the more ignorant a person is, the more confident they tend to be that they're right.

I hate the moochamp community.

I dislike most of MMOC because the entitlement displayed here is hilariously bad and too many of the threads are just complaining shitposts about how Blizzard doesn't do what everyone wants.

Even now with Classic announced there are a ton of threads just crying about how it's not going to be 100% recreation of Vanilla and how that ruins the game somehow.

It's hilarious in a good and bad way, mostly a bad way.

Twitch kids spamming twitch emotes= cancer
    Spamming made up words like lel or dodging swear words etc like fuk and kys= cancer
    Never played vanilla= cancer

Yes it really makes my blood boil,these fucked up league of legends kids ruined the community.
    Had to get a addon for more ignore list space.
    In the end the karma will get these fucking toxic retarded kids.

I hate everyone, so yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I think the vast majority of this forum is full of troll threads, I think that far too many people are emotionally invested in a 3D video game and I think that any attempt to have an actual, intelligent, discussion on MMOChampion about this topic is a complete waste of time.
    Pretty much this. It's too hard to tell when people are being sincere or just arguing for the sake of trolling, so safer to assume the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltasar View Post
    Spamming made up words like lel or dodging swear words etc like fuk and kys= cancer

Yes it really makes my blood boil,these fucked up league of legends kids ruined the community.
    Agree, but I would lie if I said I don't think the attack helicopter thing is funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    The entire community? No. A great deal of the players? Most definitely yes.

Most of all I just blame the social media nonsense that influences people(kids) to use "kappa" and all that shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not the entire community but a handful of groups.

Nobody is perfect, yet there are some out there that thinks they're E-Sports material that agitates me.
    Then there's the armchair game designers who thinks they know what they're talking about.
    Finally, faction loyalist who can't tell the difference between in-game and IRL. It's fine if you have in-game rivalry, but if you decide that people who plays the opposite faction can't sit next to you when there are already limited seats at a blizzcon panel, that's a whole other problem.
    Nobody likes you, everyone left you, they're all out without you havin fun.

Deleted
    what community?

irony aside, no.
    specifics aside hate is not a condition worth living.
    in this very special case of wow/mmocommunity i feel sometimes too sorry for some, but usually iam just having fun, cuz toxicity/hate is not a condition worth living (i guess, whenever i start to feel any need to flame a bad team i just leave, y insult learnresistant pl, they r punished enough already and also i might just have not found the fitting educational instructions for them. its ez to blame, but sometimes nearly impossible to educate).

i hate aspects of it.

i hate the teenage idiots dueling on the road outside goldshire, the majority of the pvp community. elitists.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

never played vanilla? kys dude lel Kappa
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

About 3-4 years ago I realized that this community is made up of the type of player that is seriously misguided and confused, and many take that out on Blizzard, resulting in the dozens of nonsense whine threads you see here a day.

After I realized this, I decided to do everything I can to better the community, mostly through spreading ideas and knowledge on our Youtube Channel.

Its an impossible task but every time a person comes in and says something like "he man I'm playing Blood DK because of you" or "you made me want to give Legion another try" I know I've done my part.

The community overall isn't malicious or anything. Its just that some people are genuinely confused and that combined with the childishness that happens on the internet can lead to some pretty backwards situations.

The best way to combat it as a groupwide effort is to just correct people saying off the wall things and move on. Ideally, threads like that would be closed on both the official and fan forums here, but I know that's a lot of work for the people in charge.

I just hate seeing people fight about the game when most of the conversations are things that you should agree on if you look objectively at the game instead of let other people make your opinions for you.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post

I hate this community more than anything. I wish they would had banned and shut people out who wants Vanilla. Also more strict rules for feedback, to stop the trend when people whines about why DKs don't have Blink like Mages and the weekly doomsday threads.

I stay because I love the game.

Tell us?
    yeah dude fuck those people who want a game that I dont
    /s

10+ Year Old Account

I had to download BadBoy just to filter out juveniles.

The above posts sum up my feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post

I hate this community more than anything. I wish they would had banned and shut people out who wants Vanilla. Also more strict rules for feedback, to stop the trend when people whines about why DKs don't have Blink like Mages and the weekly doomsday threads.

I stay because I love the game.

Tell us?
    What other games do you play?

Because if this makes you HATE the whole community, how would you feel about some other games, many of which are either b2p or f2p?

I admit I strongly dislike certain aspects, be it ingame, on forums, or MMOC, but most people are fine.

Deleted
    What community? I barely have any interactions in this game

10+ Year Old Account
    There are some people who get on my nervs, biggest being all the white knights for Sylvanas...so desperate for her they will defend her atrocities, ignore all logic, and make up these stupid theories that make her look as innocent as a newborn.

alone many of that answers here, and even the form in how they are written, answers your question.

you got just about 10 mmoc buzzwords alone from the first half of this page

lel (... )