Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Val'sharah new home of the night elves?

I was thinking what could be the new home of the night elves, first I thought it could be Duskwood its place has a Great tree that gives them a portal to the emerald dream and the atmosphere is very similar to the environment that the night elves are accustomed It is also very close to their main allies humans to protect them. I think it would be a perfect place
    but then I thought about val'sharah it is already an night elf territory has everything that represents the culture of the night elves and they would not have to start from 0, It is a place with a strong Druid connection, with many forests and the temple of Elune which symbolizes the strong religious culture of the night elves and many places that can be repaired and used to people Dreamgrove, Black Rook Hold, Temple of Elune, Shaladrassil, etc and they could still have a connection with the gilneans of Bradensbrook.

Another important point is that if val'sharah becomes the night elf power center will be able to counteract to suramar and highmountain in this way it could prevent all the Broken Isles from being under the control of the horde

Last edited by Rhlor; 2017-11-21 at 03:40 PM.

It will prob be lame ass stormwind

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    It will prob be lame ass stormwind
    Why should they be refugees in stormwind if they have a place that belongs to them?

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt they will leave Kalimdor. They'll hide in the shadows and attack the Horde at night in guerilla warfare. They have lost battles in the past like against the Legion in the war of the ancients or against the Qui'rai and stood up after that again. A new capital city would give give the enemy just another point to attack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feralas would make more sense. The Night Elves still have a large force there, and the area is not easily accessed from the Horde core areas, making it somewhat safe-ish.
    That being said, the same was true about Teldrassil.

Deleted
    It's also literally on the border of Suramar, a city full of highborne mages that have been honing their craft for thousands of years, that are all aligned with the enemy.

As beautiful as the zone is, nightborne mages would light it on fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenais View Post
    Feralas would make more sense. The Night Elves still have a large force there, and the area is not easily accessed from the Horde core areas, making it somewhat safe-ish.
    That's one area where they COULD do it but I got a feeling it may not be addressed if at all. It's a good choice if they are still staying on Kalimdor.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Serenais View Post
    feralas is a good place if they stay in kalimdor but this assumption is in case they leave

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    It's also literally on the border of Suramar, a city full of highborne mages that have been honing their craft for thousands of years, that are all aligned with the enemy.

As beautiful as the zone is, nightborne mages would light it on fire.
    Don't forget the highmountain tribes, the night elves would be surrounded by enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Why should they be refugees in stormwind if they have a place that belongs to them?
    Because blizzard. I wouldnt be surprised if they ended up posted up in stormwind for the xpac.

"Where will the elves go now that Teldrassil is gone?!"

They lived without Teldrassil for several thousands of years. I am sure they will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Don't forget the highmountain tribes, the night elves would be surrounded by enemies.
    It is true but they are also very close to the eastern kingdoms and kultiras to have reinforcements to protect themselves, quelthalas and zandalar are also close but not as close as the alliance that could give balance. it can be a good war front

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    Because blizzard. I wouldnt be surprised if they ended up posted up in stormwind for the xpac.
    and in the end the night elves will be just another group of vassals of the high king! so sad

It is true but they are also very close to the kingdoms of the east and kultiras to have reinforcements to protect themselves, quelthalas and zandalar are also close but not as close as the alliance that could give balance. it can be a good war front
    The Alliance would need to sail around the Isles to assist them in case of an attack, they are behind the supply lines. They would be isolated.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The Alliance would need to sail around the Isles to assist them in case of an attack, they are behind the supply lines. They would be isolated.
    the alliance could occupy azsuna and that would be the war front !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Broken Isles will hardly be touched in BFA I bet. Except maybe Nightborne leveling zone(Probably instanced and such). I wouldn't expect us visiting there ever again(Unless Wardens become a class )

With that said, best place for Night Elves is Feralas IF Kalimdor isn't fully controlled by the Horde(Horde never really owned past Thousand needles). If it is Horde only, well I've made suggestions on the past.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Broken Isles basically belongs to the Horde. The Kaldorei would most likely retreat to Stormwind.

- - - Updated - - -

the alliance could occupy azsuna and that would be the war front !!
    Doesn't matter. Highmountain has a high defense since it's a mountain and Suramar is in the center of the isles and the barrier is basically an impenetrable force no matter how hard the Alliance bombards it, the Horde would be able to drive them back. Same goes for Stormheim. Aszuna, Stormheim, they're little of value to the Alliance. All the Ally could do is recruit the Vrykul and that's it. The land would quickly be invaded by the Nightborne and Highmountain Tauren and the Vrykul resistance could also easily be pushed to the Horde's favor if Sylvanas unleashes her Val'kyr to reanimate the fallen also a bonus if she captures Eyir.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Broken Isles will hardly be touched in BFA I bet. Except maybe Nightborne leveling zone(Probably instanced and such). I wouldn't expect us visiting there ever again(Unless Wardens become a class )

With that said, best place for Night Elves is Feralas IF Kalimdor isn't fully controlled by the Horde(Horde never really owned past Thousand needles). If it is Horde only, well I've made suggestions on the past.
    Could you tell us what the suggestions are?

10+ Year Old Account
    Could you tell us what the suggestions are?

Well they are both complex.

One is the Night Elves flee to Duskwood just a bit south of Stormwind and they make their capital where the Emerald Dream Portal is(I mean gameplay wise the area would need to be scaled up and redone to fill a capital city.). Duskwood as a zone would be more or less Night Elven territory. Alternatively, they could move to Stranglethorn vale and remake it into the new Ashenvale and Zul'Gurub's remains will be where the new World Tree will be.

Both require some reworking of zones. Far too...complex for Blizz to bother with

Warrior-Magi

Night Elves lived in Ashenvale for 10k years before Teldrassil was even an idea seems like they would go there.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    The Broken Isles basically belongs to the Horde. The Kaldorei would most likely retreat to Stormwind.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't matter. Highmountain has a high defense since it's a mountain and Suramar is in the center of the isles and the barrier is basically an impenetrable force no matter how hard the Alliance bombards it, the Horde would be able to drive them back. Same goes for Stormheim. Aszuna, Stormheim, they're little of value to the Alliance. All the Ally could do is recruit the Vrykul and that's it. The land would quickly be invaded by the Nightborne and Highmountain Tauren and the Vrykul resistance could also easily be pushed to the Horde's favor if Sylvanas unleashes her Val'kyr to reanimate the fallen also a bonus if she captures Eyir.
    well if you are so sure that it is impossible they can go to duskwood or Wetlands the night elves have a settlement there Greenwarden's Grove