Reckless Ametrine > Runed Card??

So I read somewhere that once you hit around 3.3k SP as aff you want to start using Reckless Ametrine in red AND yellow sockets since theyre as valuable as Runed Cardinal at this point.
    I just got my new chestpiece and wanted some clarification on this.
    armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Phobophiliac

(Sorry for some of my wierd gear, got hacked the other day)

thanks.

---------- Post added 2010-06-25 at 03:28 AM ----------

"Things have changed here. When reaching about 3300 spell power unbuffed, [Runed Cardinal Ruby] and[Reckless Ametrine] have nearly the same dps value, so filling those into red or yellow slots is always the right choice." - Elitistjerks

Pretty much just making sure this information isn't outdated.

edit: Would unbuffed include Fel Armor or not?
    Last edited by Gnarwhale001; 2010-06-25 at 03:29 AM. Reason: Cause I suck at this game

This sounds like something that was posted back when you could roll haste on corruption. Run sims on your gear, but I doubt you would get higher values for haste than sp with any normal gear set up.

Signature by Resentful - Bleeding Corruption

The dps difference isn't too significant to even matter.

i read it as youre suppose to stick reckless in yellow sockets and keep runed in red.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pieki View Post
    i read it as youre suppose to stick reckless in yellow sockets and keep runed in red.
    Do this.

Picking an arbitary number as suggested there on EJ is flawed. It is not based on your gear and your raid composition, and as all stats influence the value of each other, what's right for what they've simmed may not be, and probably isn't right for you and your usual setup.

If you have a solid raid setup you can sim it yourself, but the differences will be both marginal, and swing round depending on the fight itself.

15+ Year Old Account
    "Things have changed here. When reaching about 3300 spell power unbuffed, [Runed Cardinal Ruby] and[Reckless Ametrine] have nearly the same dps value, so filling those into red or yellow slots is always the right choice." - Elitistjerks
    This is outdated information. It was true in 3.3.0, it is not true in 3.3.3+. Providing the slot is +5 spell power, they have the same value. Any non-spell power bonus will result in a dps loss.

R.I.P. YARG

Thanks gherkin. Simple answer to a simple question. "is this information outdated"

My question is can you get "too" much haste? i no there is no real haste cap for u.
    But i am on 1200+ haste with my spell stone, and in a raid with Moonkin aura + shammy totem i am sitting on around 48-49% spell haste i think.
    Bloodlust is popped, eradication procs and i get power infusion every CD off Disc preist. My corruption is ticking at 4-5 seconds.
    If i move i hav to drain life/soul to refresh the corruption before it falls off. Coz casting shadowbolt (around 1.2-1.3sec) + the travel time just doesnt cut it if i hav to move for even a few steps.

Example on Rotface, everythin is Proccing and i am seeing WTFLOL numbers flying on my screen, the slime pool is goin to spawn where i am standing so i hav to move... teleport is on CD so i hav to run. If i get anymore haste i am goin to be shooting myself in the foot in raids i feel

so i begin to think the opposite of the OP, Runed > Reckless in the gear levels were both in.
    Last edited by DotDotDot; 2010-06-26 at 03:32 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    1500+ haste it starts to diminish in value... but nothing else comes close to its value until 1900 haste rating, which is basically impossible to achieve.

So no, you can't have too much haste

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    1500+ haste it starts to diminish in value... but nothing else comes close to its value until 1900 haste rating, which is basically impossible to achieve.

So no, you can't have too much haste
    wasnt my question, i no you cant technically hav to much haste.
    But in raiding environment, with movment on bosses like rotface, putricide, princes, blood queen, marrowgar, etc etc, as soon as i hav to move for a couple seconds, my corruption is very close to falling off.
    The question was can u get to much haste for it actually being to hard to keep ur dots rolling with Bloodlust/eradication procs/power infusion

1200+ haste, with Lust/Hero + Erad + Speed Pot it can get hard during movement. If you know when movement is coming, try to plan on throwing out an Sbolt or Haunt right before you need to move, or keep Drain Soul/Life handy and do a "stutter" step on your way to wherever you need to move to for a quick refresh.

Most movement is pretty lenient in terms of MUST and NOW. Defile is an example where it's better to let Corruption drop than to let it spread, but there really aren't all that many movement phases you can't easily plan around.

As mentioned though, the few times you'll have to let it drop off to move won't compare to the constant value of haste at any achievable level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DotDotDot View Post
    The question was can u get to much haste for it actually being to hard to keep ur dots rolling with Bloodlust/eradication procs/power infusion
    Yes, but the value would be entirely subjective and depend substantially on latency.

15+ Year Old Account
    Agreed, you could technically have too much stuff going on that your corruption falls off, but stopping for .2 seconds to cast a drain soul for a refresh, then keep moving, isn't too bad of an option.

R.I.P. YARG