Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lvl 60 alt. Need Help!

Hi, so i just started on my alt that are going to be my lvl 60 alt.
    Here is my Armory: http://tinyurl.com/2d9lqne if you want to check him out or just follow my character at the prosses
    So its an hunter, and i want to keep him the moust in Vanilla. So what i need help for is:

What should i stack on?
    What enchants should i get?
    What gear?
    What spec? (I want to be Survival, btw)
    What pet should i get? (Even that i have a pet that i'm going to use )

This is for PvE, i'm not that intrested to pvp whit this alt,

Thanks for all the help.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    (This is placed at the wrong place, if an moderator reads this, please move it to the hunter forums, Thanks)
    Last edited by Tueland; 2010-06-28 at 06:30 PM.

What are you supposed to PvE at 60? ;0

Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor View Post
    What are you supposed to PvE at 60? ;0
    You know, the old raids :d like MC and stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont even...

i have the feeling that he will sit in LFG channel for quite a while before he finds his first raid

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe he didnt had enough money to buy tbc and wotlk and thinks lvl60 raids are still done with 40 lvl 60'ers?:P

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananengurke View Post
    i have the feeling that he will sit in LFG channel for quite a while before he finds his first raid
    haha, true dat

level 60 raids got nerfed, you will just faceroll them with 80s whats the point

even with 40 level 60s, or 25 its still piss easy because they got nerfed, plus wotlk talents etc

Deleted
    You should stack on XP as in Experience
    You should get the best enchants you can get on BoA gear (15 agi on daggers, 4 stats on chest, dmg on bow)
    BoA and quest reward gear with the odd dungeon reward.
    Spec BM, go MM at 60
    Get bear
    Ding 80
    ?????
    Profit

1st thing you need to do is replace your caster BoA shoulders !

And btw, youd have a much better time keeping him at 70...much more people stay at 70 and do BC raids than Vanilla.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Not so mutch help tho but it can be fun to read all the replys :b

Its generally a lot more satisfying to figure these things out for yourself. Your character should be something that you worked a lot on to make it exactly how you want it. Unless you're working on a social network type levelling thing such as they do on wow.com its probably going to be a lot more fun to do it yourself instead of trying to live up to random forum people's opinions of how your 60 hunter should be.

Also, I'm a random forum person, so are you going to follow my advice? Whether you do or you don't, you still are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk_Fogg
    But don't worry guys... you're not going to Space Camp but at least you've got those remote control trucks and your confidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Olmec
    The player that conquers the most countries in sixty seconds, wins!

Quote Originally Posted by Shullski View Post
    1st thing you need to do is replace your caster BoA shoulders !

And btw, youd have a much better time keeping him at 70...much more people stay at 70 and do BC raids than Vanilla.
    So you think i should aim for 70? well i can maby do that

and the reson i got the shoulders i have is coz i was lvling my mage, got board and now when i was going to lvl this dude i needed some lvling shouders but i didnt want to farm for the hunter ones and i'm only intrested in the 10% exp bonus.. i dont rly care that mutch about the stats

im sorry to tell you but twink raiding is just stupid...... the fact that game mechanics have changes so much since then has made it a joke. 70 is worst because of the nerf but over all its just pointless =/ whats worst is ive seen these so called "Legacy guilds" and they use wrath enchants and gems in their gear which just makes it easier.....

but honestly what is the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Senbo View Post
    im sorry to tell you but twink raiding is just stupid...... the fact that game mechanics have changes so much since then has made it a joke. 70 is worst because of the nerf but over all its just pointless =/ whats worst is ive seen these so called "Legacy guilds" and they use wrath enchants and gems in their gear which just makes it easier.....

but honestly what is the point?
    The point? nothing, i just wanted a vanilla hunter i could look at and say, i have waisetd a lot of time on this dude..

and i dont want to use the Tbc og WotLK gems and enchants.. i want to keep my character inside Vanilla.. exept the talents tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    You should stack on XP as in Experience
    You should get the best enchants you can get on BoA gear (15 agi on daggers, 4 stats on chest, dmg on bow)
    BoA and quest reward gear with the odd dungeon reward.
    Spec BM, go MM at 60
    Get bear
    Ding 80
    ?????
    Profit
    As many of you do think, not everyone is following the *normal* path of wow. Not everyone want to hit 80 to be stuck with stubborn, stupid and elitist people, nor be stuck on dailies and poor content. Most people want to explore other extensions they paid for. Tho OP, I can't really answer your question since I am mainly focused on the 70 part. All I can say tho is that gemming didn't existed in vanilla.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    All I can say tho is that gemming didn't existed in vanilla.
    What? i did not get thet one, sorry for my stupidity

Have to love the amount of hate inside this thread. If you don't have anything constructive to reply to this thread, why don't you go elsewhere. And constructive is not telling the op he's stupid or wasting his time doing vanilla raids. It's his choice what he does and what he finds fun in this game. He was just asking for some friendly advice and not flaming you people for your choice to do wotlk content. You might think about extending him the same courtesy.

Now on topic. If you hang out in trade and join the 80 raids for the old content you'll get gear easily. Of course you can start your own too if you know the strats, zg and molten core aren't hard to do even in a lower level group. Most common raids to be found are of course aq40 and 20 since they don't have attunements. Just collect the old hunter tiers from mc, bwl, aq40 and zul'gurub, they look nice and have decent stats. You'll see intellect itemized on some hunter gear too. I'd consider taking some leather when gearing up if it's high on agility and low on strength. Since at least in my experience I see mail gear dropping kinda seldom. Just go for the usual stuff like agility and attack power specially on rings necks and capes where you can better make your picks.

If you don't mind it, getting the pvp weps on level 60 is a great way to get good weapons fast since they are equivalent of aq40 loot. You can get them with wg shard trade-ins from your main without doing any pvp on your lv 60. On lv 60 you can just reach the 51 point talent, so if you go survival, you'll end up putting all your points in the survival tree for explosive shot. As for pet, same goes on lv 60 as on lv 80, most are using wolves for furious howl. My lv 60s all have wotlk enchants for maximizing their potential against bc characters, but get yourself agility + ap enchants and you'll do fine.

Good luck on gearing up
    Last edited by Ozires; 2010-06-28 at 07:18 PM.

MainTankasin - Consular/Inquisitor Tanking

Quote Originally Posted by Ozires View Post
    Have to love the amount of hate inside this thread. If you don't have anything constructive to reply to this thread, why don't you go elsewhere. And constructive is not telling the op he's stupid or wasting his time doing vanilla raids. It's his choice what he does and what he finds fun in this game. He was just asking for some friendly advice and not flaming you people for your choice to do wotlk content. You might think about extending him the same courtesy.

Now on topic. If you hang out in trade and join the 80 raids for the old content you'll get gear easily. Of course you can start your own too if you know the strats, zg and molten core aren't hard to do even in a lower level group. Most common raids to be found are of course aq40 and 20 since they don't have attunements. Just collect the old hunter tiers from mc, bwl, aq40 and zul'gurub, they look nice and have decent stats. You'll see intellect itemized on some hunter gear too. I'd consider taking some leather when gearing up if it's high on agility and low on strength. Since at least in my experience I see mail gear dropping kinda seldom. Just go for the usual stuff like agility and attack power specially on rings necks and capes where you can better make your picks. If you don't mind it, getting the pvp weps on level 60 is a great way to get good weapons fast since they are equivalent of aq40 loot. You can get them with wg shard trade-ins from your main without doing any pvp on your lv 60. Good luck on gearing up
    Thanks first of all

And thanks for the tip on the pvp wep i was hoping to get a gun from aq40 but sinst i'm going to replace my levling items as fast as possible the pvp gun can be a good start

No problem. Edited my post there a little since I forgot some of your points on the way. Larvae of the Great Worm or Huhuran's Stinger were ones I was thinking about from aq40 as well as the Barb of the Sand Reaver. If you're unlucky with the drops and have cash lying around might want to invest in a Blessed Qiraji Pugio, that'll be fast to get since it requires no reputation for the quest, just turning in 3 elementium ore (go for about 500g on my server) + the imperial qiraji armaments which you'll most likely be able to buy off some lv 80 that won the roll for a low price. Overall my experience is that if you try going for a certain item with a low droprate (like some of the set pieces > <), you'll end up with a whole lot of other gear before you actually get it. :P

MainTankasin - Consular/Inquisitor Tanking