Immortal Technique

I've recently been getting into Immortal Technique lately, and I gotta say...although I'm not really as polcitically charged as he is, this motherfucker can spit(correct terminology?). After listening to a ton of his songs I find it absolutely disgusting that pathetic "rappers" like Lil' Wayne and Pitbull are making big money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qggxTtnKTMo(Dance with the Devil)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jjp8yuEBjxs (Leaving the Past)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3u3JSEqNtlg(Cause of Death)

And here's an interview that covers a tiny snipet of his views outside of rap, for those interested in him and why he's such a radical regarding politics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJuxb7HddOM
    Last edited by Badpaladin; 2010-07-20 at 08:15 AM.

I usually don't listen to rap, but all of his songs sent a chill down my spine. Great rapper, very 'real' lyrics, and really captivating beats. The interview was pretty damn interesting as well.

Thanks for the links :-)
    Last edited by Saf; 2010-07-20 at 02:52 PM.

Deleted
    Although I wasn't particularly taken with his third album "The 3rd World" (and that's mainly due to DJ Green Lantern), his first two are on regular rotation for me. Peruvian Cocaine and Point of No Return are other top songs.

Lyrically there are very few rappers who can touch him. There are other similarly minded conscious rappers out there but they never get the recognition they truly deserve. Instead we get the latest putrid bile anal vomit on regular radio playback, where the "rappers" have nothing meaningful to say. There is nothing wrong with the Eminem's of the world (Heaven knows that we need some commercial rappers) but why must we be forced to listen to the likes of Soulja "Crank dat (oh)" Boy.

Glad to hear that you have discovered such a fine rapper. It is hard to compare him to anyone else but there are plenty of rappers out there who rap with the same quality if not the same message. If you enjoy IT others I can recommend are Atmosphere, Talib Kwali, GZA, Killah Priest, Jedi Mind Tricks, Tech N9ne, Sage Francis, Madvillain (Doom), Raekwon, Cunninglinguists, and KRS One to name a few. Enjoy Immortal Technique in the meantime

I'm not a big fan of Immortal Technique as all this political rap is boring to me. But he's a very skilled and smart rapper and a great storyteller. "Dance With The Devil" is a classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a fan of a few of his songs. The few I can remember off the top of my head are "You never know", "Caught in a hustle" and "Point of no return".

Quote Originally Posted by Bakamoi View Post
    Although I wasn't particularly taken with his third album "The 3rd World" (and that's mainly due to DJ Green Lantern), his first two are on regular rotation for me. Peruvian Cocaine and Point of No Return are other top songs.

Lyrically there are very few rappers who can touch him. There are other similarly minded conscious rappers out there but they never get the recognition they truly deserve. Instead we get the latest putrid bile anal vomit on regular radio playback, where the "rappers" have nothing meaningful to say. There is nothing wrong with the Eminem's of the world (Heaven knows that we need some commercial rappers) but why must we be forced to listen to the likes of Soulja "Crank dat (oh)" Boy.

Glad to hear that you have discovered such a fine rapper. It is hard to compare him to anyone else but there are plenty of rappers out there who rap with the same quality if not the same message. If you enjoy IT others I can recommend are Atmosphere, Talib Kwali, GZA, Killah Priest, Jedi Mind Tricks, Tech N9ne, Sage Francis, Madvillain (Doom), Raekwon, Cunninglinguists, and KRS One to name a few. Enjoy Immortal Technique in the meantime
    This. Also, Wiz Khalifa.

He's a good rapper, but he's become almost as overrated as T-N9ne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game