Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Arrow On new Orgrimmar

After seeing multiple Youtube videos of both new stormwind and new orgrimmar I have decided that even with the massive revamp, stormwind seems much better as a whole. I have noticed that in orgrimmar there is much MUCH empty space. Notice on the top of the mesas the vast empty space. Of course there are a couple of zepplin tower but I think a lot could be put up there to make Orgimmar look more "full". I have noticed that with Stormwind, buildings seem to be abundant, whether neccessary or not, they allow the city to look like a bustling "city", which is what I believe orgrimmar should look like as well. Any thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Stormwind doesn't look that different to me besides the fact that they made it better for flying.
    It was always great.

Quote Originally Posted by haynol28 View Post
    After seeing multiple Youtube videos of both new stormwind and new orgrimmar I have decided that even with the massive revamp, stormwind seems much better as a whole. I have noticed that in orgrimmar there is much MUCH empty space. Notice on the top of the mesas the vast empty space. Of course there are a couple of zepplin tower but I think a lot could be put up there to make Orgimmar look more "full". I have noticed that with Stormwind, buildings seem to be abundant, whether neccessary or not, they allow the city to look like a bustling "city", which is what I believe orgrimmar should look like as well. Any thoughts?
    I don't really think Orgrimmar was intended as a 'true' city in the sense of the word, but rather as an upgraded military base.

Yes orgrimmar is not a human town so human logic in city planning does not apply there. You've chosen not to be a human ingame urself, now enjoy it.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is like comparing apples to oranges. Both org and SW were built by 2 separate people/culture's. If ORG started building like humans would then it wouldnt really be an orc city.

Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    This is like comparing apples to oranges. Both org and SW were built by 2 separate people/culture's. If ORG started building like humans would then it wouldnt really be an orc city.
    True enough, but Orgimmar has so little living space, it's supposed to be a big city yet there's not allot of places where these hypothetical could live.

In Cata Garrosh has even removed a whole bunch of buildings to make room for more fucking spikes, I do wish there was more of a city then what we got now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The3nd View Post
    In Cata Garrosh has even removed a whole bunch of buildings to make room for more fucking spikes
    lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between Nagrand and your dreams
    Well well. looks like some ppl are now not happy about it.
    I, for one, hated it from the start, and hate it now.

I've even decided org will no longer be my capital city, but rather, thunderbluff will. Orgrimmar just reflects nothing of the horde I once loved, and only reflects how twisted its become, and just like its leader, a far less comforting thing to be around.
    Black metal spikes all over, black metal and dark buildings, the valley of spirits turned into a slums arena, Grommash hold torn down in valley of wisdom and a new building renamed grommash hold in valley of strength (its not grommash hold, its garrosh hold).

I really just.. hate the place, and for the first time, I wish there was a new neutral city in cata.
    "The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn."

Quote Originally Posted by haynol28 View Post
    Yet, everytime I go to stormwind with my orc theres no one there !
    Its a nice paradox
    :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orcshaman24 View Post

I've even decided org will no longer be my capital city, but rather, thunderbluff will. Orgrimmar just reflects nothing of the horde I once loved, and only reflects how twisted its become, and just like its leader, a far less comforting thing to be around.
    Black metal spikes all over, black metal and dark buildings, the valley of spirits turned into a slums arena, Grommash hold torn down in valley of wisdom and a new building renamed grommash hold in valley of strength (its not grommash hold, its garrosh hold).

I really just.. hate the place, and for the first time, I wish there was a new neutral city in cata.
    I'd think TB would be better with flying anyway

Quote Originally Posted by rezult View Post
    Yet, everytime I go to stormwind with my orc theres no one there !
    Its a nice paradox
    :-)
    What server? SW and IF are about even population-wise on Eonar

Well the architecture does not bother me the way it did in Wrath anymore, it's Garrosh's Horde it's his choice, but the layout is a bit of a let down.

But I'm optimistic, I mean the goblin's are new to the city, maybe they will build a proper quarter as cataclysm goes on.
    Now just give us some city'esque events going on is Org like there is in Stormwind, along with a few backally's and stuff then I'd be content

Stormwind is the generic human city in most mid-evil-ish games. Org has it's own style, I haven't played anything with a city like orgrimmar.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Reactions like this make new Org all the sweeter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarog View Post
    Reactions like this make new Org all the sweeter.
    And reactions like your proves my signature right.
    "The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn."

Quote Originally Posted by Triggers View Post
    Stormwind is the generic human city in most mid-evil-ish games. Org has it's own style, I haven't played anything with a city like orgrimmar.
    It is new as far as gaming goes but it is pretty much a "borrow" of ideas from robert jordans aiel cities.

I love the new Org, I dont see why a lot of people hate it. The city is amazing! Much better then SW which has no changes aside from the park blowing up. Blizzard did a fantastic job.

Org is smaller then SW for multiple reasons. lorewise its population is smaller then SW. Orgs population is like 20,000 compared to the 200,000 SW. Thats why SMC is so larger then the other Horde capitals as it is the most populated of the 4.(SMC has a population of about 130-160,000 BE possibly more if the people stay away from the countryside.)

The new look for Org is perfect for its new leadership. People who are anti-Garrosh need to get over themselves as Garrosh is doing good things for the Horde. Other then Sylvanas and the fact that the war finally started what evil has Garrosh brought in? He literally drops an Orc Commander off a Tauren elevator because he kills innocents. Garrosh may be war hungry and stubborn but he aint no tactical moron and we can thank Thrall and Saurfang for that as they actually did teach Garrosh leadership abilities. The only dumb part about Garrosh is how close he is to the entrance of Org(Although now that there is 3 entrances unless he went to the Cleft of Shadow he wouldn't be safe anywhere.)

And reactions like your proves my signature right.
    Someone is very angry.

I don't know, I think Orgimmar is looking mighty bad ass but, I do dislike Garrosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hezz View Post
    Someone is very angry.
    not really. I just don't suffer fools easily.