SUPER Budget build for 25m's and Cata!

I'm basically looking for the cheapest hardware I can possibly get. Mainly a case with USB slots, the normal 2-4 rate PCI slots, and space for two cdroms. Trying to find the best budget video card I can possibly get, and get away with 2gb-4gb RAM(DDR2 since it's the cheaper and still in good standing), my main concern is the processor and a mobo that can handle it. Along with a decent fan and power supply. I've been using this crappy old laptop for 10m raids and still pull the 10-15 fps, no idea how since the graphics are integrated gma, but lately I've been getting random drops in FPS then it will come back up. Thinking my cpu/something is getting overheated with how much I play. But yeah, I really don't care for the super best graphics, I'd be happy with Medium. I just want to have 20+ FPS in 25m raids with medium. Is that doable for around $350-$400? Putting a computer part by part I can do, or even get a decent barebones kit and throw stuff into it. Down for anything, just need a cheap budget price with this economy right now!

Quote Originally Posted by Datt View Post
    I'm basically looking for the cheapest hardware I can possibly get. Mainly a case with USB slots, the normal 2-4 rate PCI slots, and space for two cdroms. Trying to find the best budget video card I can possibly get, and get away with 2gb-4gb RAM(DDR2 since it's the cheaper and still in good standing), my main concern is the processor and a mobo that can handle it. Along with a decent fan and power supply. I've been using this crappy old laptop for 10m raids and still pull the 10-15 fps, no idea how since the graphics are integrated gma, but lately I've been getting random drops in FPS then it will come back up. Thinking my cpu/something is getting overheated with how much I play. But yeah, I really don't care for the super best graphics, I'd be happy with Medium. I just want to have 20+ FPS in 25m raids with medium. Is that doable for around $350-$400? Putting a computer part by part I can do, or even get a decent barebones kit and throw stuff into it. Down for anything, just need a cheap budget price with this economy right now!

System Specification
    - Case: Antec 300 Three Hundred Ultimate Gaming Case - Black
    - Power Supply: OCZ StealthXStream II 600W
    - CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 Quad Core 635 2.90GHz Processor
    - Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA78LMT-US2H AMD 760G (AM3) Motherboard
    - RAM: Corsair XMS3 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9
    - Hard Drives: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB SATA-II 16MB Cache
    - Graphics Card: Choice of the latest DirectX 10 and 11 graphic cards
    - Sound: 7.1 Channel Sound (On-Board)
    - Optical Drive: OcUK 22x DVD±RW SATA ReWriter (Black)
    - Graphics Card: Ati 4850

You can buy somthing like that for around 550 dollers if you LOOK Around and it should give you about 40/60 FPS and it will be a great upgrade also the case is great iv got the 1200 of that version and its 1 of the best cases iv used in computer builds
    /l、
    (゚、 。 7  Tremble at the might of the LICH KITTY!!!
     l、 ~ヽ  . 
     じしl_, )ノ

The PC in my sig would fit your bill pretty easily

Video is a Palit GTS450. Main display is a 24" full HD TV. Secondary display is an ACER 19" lcd at 1440x900.

Quote Originally Posted by Moobious View Post
    The PC in my sig would fit your bill pretty easily
    What kind of FPS do you get in 25ms? and what settings?

Deleted
    What kind of FPS do you get in 25ms? and what settings?
    Dont bother buying an AMD processor atm, Intel are winning in the power department. Get an i5 650 (or higher), and in terms of budget, definately go with ATI. You can probably set up the system above, with a decent i5 (which is what wow depends on, the processor) should come to like £350-400 if you look around and build it yourself.

For $300-400, I really don't think so. Probably for 350-400 British Pounds (that's $550-650) if you try really hard.
    The pieces will definitely have to be refurb or eBay/Craigslsit.

25m raids are at 25-30 fps with the exception of a very few extremely taxing fights. It's never unplayable at all though.

I run on ultra with shadows at half.

Video is a Palit GTS450. Main display is a 24" full HD TV. Secondary display is an ACER 19" lcd at 1440x900.

Also look for a GPU with directx 11 support, which is utilised by the new water effects.
    Otherwise turning those on will kill your performance.

Thanks for the all the replies! A friend's friend just offered to sell me this one,

* Desktop PC with 2.2 GHz AMD Phenom X4 9550 Quad-Core Processor with 2MB L2+2MB Shared L3 Cache
    * 6GB PC2-6400 DDR2 SDRAM Memory (2x2048MB 2x1024MB) (Expandable Up to 8GB), 500GB 7200RPM Serial ATA Hard Drive
    * NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE Graphics with TurboCache with 128MB Dedicated Graphics Memory
    * SuperMulti DVD Burner with LightScribe Technology, Integrated 10/100Base T Network Interface
    * Windows Vista Home Premium, dims in inches: 6.89 (W) x 9.64 (L/D) x 16.28 (H) approx., 22 lbs approx

for $100 plus some other stuff for a trade. I've read the power supply is really weak but other than that I'm not sure how the 2.2gh processor would help me out. I'd probably dump the video card for a new one that's slightly better, then get a new power supply since it's 300 watts max. Dunno if I could make something similar though for still under $400

Thanks for the all the replies! A friend's friend just offered to sell me this one,

* Desktop PC with 2.2 GHz AMD Phenom X4 9550 Quad-Core Processor with 2MB L2+2MB Shared L3 Cache
    * 6GB PC2-6400 DDR2 SDRAM Memory (2x2048MB 2x1024MB) (Expandable Up to 8GB), 500GB 7200RPM Serial ATA Hard Drive
    * NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE Graphics with TurboCache with 128MB Dedicated Graphics Memory
    * SuperMulti DVD Burner with LightScribe Technology, Integrated 10/100Base T Network Interface
    * Windows Vista Home Premium, dims in inches: 6.89 (W) x 9.64 (L/D) x 16.28 (H) approx., 22 lbs approx

for $100 plus some other stuff for a trade. I've read the power supply is really weak but other than that I'm not sure how the 2.2gh processor would help me out. I'd probably dump the video card for a new one that's slightly better, then get a new power supply since it's 300 watts max. Dunno if I could make something similar though for still under $400
    You'll probably see some 10-15 fps on that in 25-man raids, so somewhat playable. If you put in $50-100 for new graphics card you get that 10-15fps with all set to ultra except shadows. Some 400W PSU should be still usable with new graphics card at that $50-100 range, probably even 350W.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    You'll probably see some 10-15 fps on that in 25-man raids, so somewhat playable. If you put in $50-100 for new graphics card you get that 10-15fps with all set to ultra except shadows. Some 400W PSU should be still usable with new graphics card at that $50-100 range, probably even 350W.
    True. Those system specs look decent but the graphics card is utter shit. I'd recommend the HD5770, very good budget card, sells for around 140 euro here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Astug View Post
    True. Those system specs look decent but the graphics card is utter shit. I'd recommend the HD5770, very good budget card, sells for around 140 euro here.
    I'd recommend spending a bit more and getting the GTX 460 1GB. It's not a huge amount more, but it will perform better.