Thread: WotLK china

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanjelin View Post
    So, I wanted to make myself a WoW China Account.
    You are epic! Really looking forward to your discoveries.

But well, this whole sensoring is saddening. There's probably so much things the Chinese people don't know. Do they even know there's a whole world outside China?

10+ Year Old Account
    Bahamut's about to Mega Flare this thread into oblivion, just so ya know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    You're right. Blizzard shouldn't have temporarily banned you. They should have sent a couple employees to your residence to Jay and Silent Bob you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    I saved a man's life today by performing brain surgery and removing a tumor the size of a quarter from his frontal lobes. God damnit I wish I wasn't ignorant though, cause I have no idea what an LSAT is. I don't know the radius of the Moon either.
    I took part in the LSAT/Cataclysm release date thread.

sindragosa made off puppies and marrowgar made of icecream sticks screaming "flavooooooooooorstorm" - epic screenshots that would be !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Cool Guy View Post
    I just read that china is finally getting wrath of the lich king,
    Im happy for them and all but there one thing im confused about, its illegal to show pictures of bones on tv and video games in china as some may know!
    This wasn't a problem much in TBC whit all the demons but Wrath is full of Bones... went u first set foot in howling fjord or borean tundra you are surrounded by bones lying on the ground.
    infact most the mobs and raid bosses are made form bones (Marrowgar) of have bone sticking out!
    How dose blizzerd plan to go around this
    They spend your Sub money on catering for the Chinese, and use time changing WoW for China that could be used on Cata development or anything - somebody make a thread about it.

Seriously though, Pre-teen schoolgirls with tiny skirts is far more acceptable than a bunch of fucking bones I guess. Probably some religious crap, I suppose I'm supposed to respect their beliefs, but the truth is I don't respect any religious belief, only people's right to believe in silly things - so I still thing whatever reason is behind this, it's retarded in a rational world.

Oh well, hopefully for them they can still enjoy it regardless of the IC mounts being blue drakes.

---------- Post added 2010-08-17 at 11:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Indeed, Bahamut hates threads that are insulting to the chinese government.

---------- Post added 2010-08-17 at 10:33 AM ----------

No, that would be Jack Thomson's dream and he's american.
    I wonder if he plays Fallout 3.
    "The truth, my goal."

w8 a minute..... wtf shall they do with the cinematic? xD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Indeed, Bahamut hates threads that are insulting to the chinese government.
    Not really, just anything that puts a certain country in a box.
    I tend to let these threads live for a short amount of time until the first "unwanted" comment appears.

Tell ya what:
    Ill make this one exception.
    This thread will stay here. However, if I see one racist comment, one guy flaming, somebody bashing china or whatever else: you will be banned for quite some time, and I'll continue locking these threads.
    Dawwwwwww

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuvok View Post
    They spend your Sub money on catering for the Chinese, and use time changing WoW for China that could be used on Cata development or anything - somebody make a thread about it.
    Not really. Chinese players give them sub money too. Overall, pretty sure Blizz wouldn't do this if they'd get more money than they'd invest.

Probably some religious crap, I suppose I'm supposed to respect their beliefs, but the truth is I don't respect any religious belief, only people's right to believe in silly things - so I still thing whatever reason is behind this, it's retarded in a rational world.
    The worst thing is the censoring. That bones are against their believes is okay I guess, but that they keep any information they don't like outside the country, is saddening. How many things do the Chinese actually know about the world?

Quote Originally Posted by Purno View Post
    You are epic! Really looking forward to your discoveries.

But well, this whole sensoring is saddening. There's probably so much things the Chinese people don't know. Do they even know there's a whole world outside China?
    This is the most ignorant post iv ever read. duh they know that!

the only country id worry about is north korea

---------- Post added 2010-08-17 at 11:06 AM ----------

The worst thing is the censoring. That bones are against their believes is okay I guess, but that they keep any information they don't like outside the country, is saddening. How many things do the Chinese actually know about the world?

You realize pretty every country does this? Maybe to a lesser degree but they do.
    Last edited by atselmya; 2010-08-17 at 11:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purno View Post
    Not really. Chinese players give them sub money too. Overall, pretty sure Blizz wouldn't do this if they'd get more money than they'd invest.

Was joking with the generic whine post style of the first sentence.

I'm sure it's not that bad, though I've read about how pictures of certain political events such as that student protest thing are completely blocked, as is information about it - that really is abusing censorship by the govt. to prolong their own reign, and stop people reading the unblemished truth, and wisening up in some way to the fact that the government has dangers amounts of power over the people. Anything I say on this matter is to be taken with a pinch of salt anyway, I have little real knowledge about the Chinese situation, so I can only speculate on what I do have.
    "The truth, my goal."

Quote Originally Posted by Kooshkrusher View Post
    China is very big on traditions.
    Yup like women are second class to men. How good are those traditions.
    Bubbles: Have a nice day, and go ____ yourself.

Deleted
    i heard most chinese people play on the taiwan realms.

I think people are blowing the whole "OMG, they can't show bones! This is tyranny!!" thing out of proportion.
    Every country has certain laws and rights about censorship and the people living in these places have to abide by these rules.
    I remember back when the EU version of C&C had no blood and all units were robots instead of humans, does that mean europe was under opression from the government? No.

Sure, China may have very strickt rules of behaviour and a questionable stance on internaltional relations and treaties but if you look back less then 100 years or so, so did almost any other of the industrial nations. In order to question a country's system you first have to understand it and get the facts straight.

OT: I think its great that China is now able to play WotLK and I'm happy for all gamers that waited for it.

I censored LK for the Chinese market in just a few minutes. Blizzard should so hire me.
    http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...LKcensored.jpg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laytnor View Post
    Meh, who plays in chinese servers anyway, they're playing on other countries servers.
    i've heard that in North Korea they have WoW clients without rogues.. that's where i wanna play.

Quote Originally Posted by jaimelannister View Post
    When you only hear the news the western media wants you to hear, China does sound pretty bad. Too bad it's nothing like that.
    You have clearly not been in China before and seen how brutal the police are to the citizens..
    Enhancement Shaman, Kalokagathós, Burning Steppes-EU
    Death is a gift, Life is just the paper wrapped around it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by battlenet.com.cn
    According to the provisions of anti-addicted, we need to verify your name and ID number.

Please fill in with the name corresponding to, and a real and effective identification number, the ID number will be certified as an anti-addicted important information, as well as determine your right to use the account basis.
    Not going to make any comment that could be considered country bashing, just pointing out how backwards that seems.

---------- Post added 2010-08-17 at 11:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kalokagathos View Post
    You have clearly not been in China before and seen how brutal the police are to the citizens..
    communist governments are historically very oppresive, although its wierd with china because their sense of national pride is so strong, alot of them actually support that oppresion. To each their own, I guess

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kalyynthefailadin View Post
    Not going to make any comment that could be considered country bashing, just pointing out how backwards that seems.

---------- Post added 2010-08-17 at 11:51 AM ----------

communist governments are historically very oppresive, although its wierd with china because their sense of national pride is so strong, alot of them actually support that oppresion. To each their own, I guess
    Haha, political correctness in a thread against censorship. I suppose the presence of a Mod has people on their toes.
    "The truth, my goal."

Quote Originally Posted by Popmybubble View Post
    Yup like women are second class to men. How good are those traditions.
    I wish america was still like this =(

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Cool Guy View Post
    so sindragosa is going to made form a bunch of animated bags
    No Sindragosa will be replaced with Scrooge McDuck!

Deleted
    Now i wonder what frostmourne will look like as that has a damn goats skull on it....