Thread: Scammed

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Scammed

Ok , bought wow game cards several times now from people on my server , went to do it today and got scammed for 8k gold.

Any ideas what i can do about this?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't buy gamecards ingame.

Ask a friend to buy gametime for you, or buy gamecards in a local store.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those scamming jerks! Tell me their names, I'll kick their asses!

You payed 8k gold to a player ingame for a game card? Dosnt sound very smart tbh...
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

My understanding, and somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but trading in-game gold and items for "real world" items is against Blizzard's ToS, even if it is just for the unlock codes for pets and stuff.

Basically, there isn't much you can do. I wouldn't recommend doing it again.

Deleted
    Edit: Nevermind. Poster above me had the same idea.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdunka View Post
    My understanding, and somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but trading in-game gold and items for "real world" items is against Blizzard's ToS, even if it is just for the unlock codes for pets and stuff.

Basically, there isn't much you can do. I wouldn't recommend doing it again.
    It is probably on a real shaky middle ground. Blizzard made the trading card crap boe so essentially the same transactions take place already, not to mention the assuredly thousands of Blizzard store items that were "gifted" in exchange for in game funds.

15+ Year Old Account
    Report him and talk to a GM, it's not against TOS. Same thing happened to me last year and I got my gold back a week later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkybarkid View Post
    Ok , bought wow game cards several times now from people on my server , went to do it today and got scammed for 8k gold.

stop being stupid.
    seriously, thats like buying crack from a dealer and then realizing you bought baking powder and running to your friends shouting WTF I GOT SCAMMED BY THE BAD MEN!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torne View Post
    stop being stupid.
    seriously, thats like buying crack from a dealer and then realizing you bought baking powder and running to your friends shouting WTF I GOT SCAMMED BY THE BAD MEN!
    What is the quality of this baking powder?

stop being stupid.
    <3 this

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    It is probably on a real shaky middle ground. Blizzard made the trading card crap boe so essentially the same transactions take place already, not to mention the assuredly thousands of Blizzard store items that were "gifted" in exchange for in game funds.
    My understanding is that trading virtual for virtual is fine, trading real world for real world is fine, but trading real world for virtual or virtual for real world (outside of Blizz's own micro-transactions) was a no-no. It creates an economy outside of their control. Again, I haven't actually read through the ToS so I'm not certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdunka View Post
    My understanding is that trading virtual for virtual is fine, trading real world for real world is fine, but trading real world for virtual or virtual for real world (outside of Blizz's own micro-transactions) was a no-no. It creates an economy outside of their control. Again, I haven't actually read through the ToS so I'm not certain.
    You aware of the fact that by playing WoW you trade real world for virtual? And not in no-life meaning. You give money for virtual crap. The hell. We all do.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

Buy them on your own, lazy arse. You can't do anything about it at all.

You can't do anything about it... Buying gamecards in game supports buying gold.

---------- Post added 2010-08-24 at 02:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Labelas View Post
    You aware of the fact that by playing WoW you trade real world for virtual? And not in no-life meaning. You give money for virtual crap. The hell. We all do.
    I think you are thinking about games in general?

Quote Originally Posted by Labelas View Post
    Blizzard can control that though, which is exatcly what Bigdunka was saying. "Outside of Blizz's own micro-transactions"

If they are willing to do it, the agreement had to have been made in game so they can go see the agreement, see the card number he gave you, check it out, and maybe refund you the gold. I for one don't think it will be likely. It is the equivalent of buying gold.

Deleted

LMAOROFL.....N3rd!

10+ Year Old Account
    Buying ingame time with gold is against the rules aswell....the best thing to do is to talk to a gm and admit...i mean tell him everything that happened...

Deleted
    You can try telling a GM. But don't expect to get your cash back.

stop being stupid.
    Or the police, lol