Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dcemuser View Post
    The list is completely 100% fake. It was first posted by Reinjin, at http://wow.allakhazam.com/forum.html...12268058738816.

When Cataclysm was announced at Blizzcon, he came out and said

You all got trolled. HARD.

All? I beat you to the link, and Negridoom beat me to mentioning it.
    Nyuthing!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loop not defined View Post
    All? I beat you to the link, and Negridoom beat me to mentioning it.
    I just meant all the list-believers, not the people in this thread, specifically.

I remember several times over the last few years where we had 20+ page debates about that stupid freaking list.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunyaa View Post
    Blizzard does internal alpha testing, however, which is what I was referring to.

Yes, they do internal testing, however "Alpha" is a phase of testing, not a type of testing, that typically begins when they open up testing beyond their own development team. Blizzard does internal testing for everything....even during Beta phase, live, and PTR patches.

---------- Post added 2010-09-06 at 03:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dcemuser View Post
    I just meant all the list-believers, not the people in this thread, specifically.

I figured as much, but wanted to clarify. Sorry for implying otherwise, though.
    Nyuthing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    yeah and there were also rumors pandaren was going to be the alliance race as well around that time. Rumors are just that, rumors.
    Except there is no reason for pandaren to be from the alliance since:
    a. They are shamanistic in nature, which inclines them more towards the horde.
    b. Chen Stormstout already been a part of the Horde.

Actually a few months before cataclysm was announced(possibly a year) there were hallows end masks released with the Worgen and Goblin faces, people started coming up with theories, and now, it came to life =]

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    False. They were in the planning phase of Cataclysm when Wrath came out. Coming up with the major themes, major zones, whether or not they would implement a new class or race etc. Cataclysm alpha did not start until early may 2010.
    oh ok, tnx for the correction, anyway I was talking about the planing exactly :P

---------- Post added 2010-09-06 at 10:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mezz View Post
    Here we go again...

So yes, the info has been out for a long time already. But they are starting to mix things up, wonder why.
    Btw this list got posted back when vanilla was still in its beta stage.
    the one that made that list already admited it's fake,srry

Look at vanilla alpha Wetlands map, looks like Twilight Highlands shape was already implemented but not actually added to the game until recently.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Untoldblasphemy View Post
    Except there is no reason for pandaren to be from the alliance since:
    a. They are shamanistic in nature, which inclines them more towards the horde.
    b. Chen Stormstout already been a part of the Horde.
    Pandaren can go either way
    1. ancient allies of the Night Elves ->Alliance
    2. Broke ties with the Night Elves when they started using magic recklessly ->Horde
    3. Horde has BE who use magic recklessly -> alliance
    4. Chen Stormstout is buddy buddy with Rexxar and crew ->Horde
    5. Pandaren share a love and passion for Brewing and spirits with the Dwarves ->Alliance
    6. Shamanistic ->Horde
    7. Creator of Pandaren would prefer them as Horde ->Horde
    8. Panadren believe the Horde needs to find itself before it adds more members ->Alliance
    etc.

Before it comes in
    Pandaren were not originally banned in China because of some law prohibiting depections of violence against Pandas, they objected because the original concept of Pandaren had them in Japanese Garb. This was changed and WC3 in China has PANDAREN, THERE IS NO CULTURAL ISSUE TO PANDAREN IN CHINA.

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    False. They were in the planning phase of Cataclysm when Wrath came out. Coming up with the major themes, major zones, whether or not they would implement a new class or race etc. Cataclysm alpha did not start until early may 2010.
    LOL no you're false. F&F Alpha started in May they had internal builds wayyyyyyy before wrath came out. I dont need to link anything since ALOT of blues have confirmed they have been working on Cata since before wrath was even announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladinator View Post
    Look at vanilla alpha Wetlands map, looks like Twilight Highlands shape was already implemented but not actually added to the game until recently.
    Do you have a link to the map your talking about?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sateva View Post
    LOL no you're false. F&F Alpha started in May they had internal builds wayyyyyyy before wrath came out. I dont need to link anything since ALOT of blues have confirmed they have been working on Cata since before wrath was even announced.
    Working on =/= Internal Builds

I'm working on my friend's idea for a business that I know won't ever happen, we are currently only talking and brainstorming ideas

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post

I'm working on my friend's idea for a business that I know won't ever happen, we are currently only talking and brainstorming ideas
    Well his point was cata started when Wrath came out, I just wanted to say that was false. They already had internal builds during Blizzcon 2009.

15+ Year Old Account
    backpedaling

I don't need to point out how since it is obvious.

I'm really just sitting here since Panadaren have been mentioned and the mere mention of them as a possible race sparks massive nerd-rage

15+ Year Old Account
    Coincidence. Many speculated of whatever was gonna be behind Greymane Wall, a playable race of worgen was one of assumptions.

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post

wheter they where working on cataclysm physically (IE making codes,models) or thinking about it (IE choosing zones,plot and characters) it's working nontheles

---------- Post added 2010-09-06 at 11:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Coincidence. Many speculated of whatever was gonna be behind Greymane Wall, a playable race of worgen was one of assumptions.
    not coincidence...worgens are all over pyrewood, it was hard to not espect some worgens to infiltrate the city

I believe they said that One of the reasons why Worgen where chosen as a race is because they where a popular choice and it meant they could bring in gilneas which people have been wanthing. So The people rumored that and blizzard chose it for the same reason. Worgen where destined to eventually become a playable race do to..everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumosho10 View Post
    I believe they said that One of the reasons why Worgen where chosen as a race is because they where a popular choice and it meant they could bring in gilneas which people have been wanthing. So The people rumored that and blizzard chose it for the same reason. Worgen where destined to eventually become a playable race do to..everything.
    that's why we must start making the intelligent murloc-related rumours...rite nao!

I stopped reading after the "Kanye west," sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Leetbeartank View Post
    I stopped reading after the "Kanye west," sorry.
    sorry, but...what kind of retard said the thing in your signature? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mezz View Post
    Here we go again...

So yes, the info has been out for a long time already. But they are starting to mix things up, wonder why.
    Btw this list got posted back when vanilla was still in its beta stage.
    As far as I know, the earliest confirmed posting of "the list" was after we knew about all the BC zones. The reason the WotLK zones are also accurate is because they were largely based on a Warcraft RPG book that was widely available at the time.

Once we get to expansion number 3, the list totally unravels. Even if I'm wrong and it was legit at one time, it's clear Blizzard has completely and utterly abandoned it as a guide for future expansions. It's now undeniably no better a predictor then a monkey flinging darts at a list of place names from Warcraft lore.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.