Hard Modes or Harder Normal Modes?

So what do you guys want? Blizz to keep HM versions of raids or for them to just make the "HMs" the raids themselves?

Personally I'd prefer just truely challenging content with unique gear, When you impliment HM systems you send people out in the same gear skins with different colors and they just dont stand out. Thats unappealing to me as someone who used to be an elitist before i stopped giving a fuck about WoW when WotLK came out.

The 10/25 version of raids i had an issue with its loot system as well, not that i wanted the loot to have different skins but rather be the same gear. I'd have also liked to see 10 mans be equvilently challenging compared to the 25 man so there would be no dispute over (he gets the same item for ezier content Q_Q)

HMs all the way. Although I'd love to get "Firefighter" style hardmodes back, instead of only having encounters tuned harder.
    You are the harbringer of death, Kara Thrace. You will lead them all to their end.

Blizz has said that they are attempting to make 10man content as challenging as 25man. While I have no idea how they'll actually manage to do this, let's reserve our QQ until we know what it's actually like.

That said, I enjoy the HM/normal mode system. There's no reason to make the content that the developers spend 90%+ of their time on seen by 5% of the game's population.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even mind the recolors, as long as it actually is recolored. Hunter tier sets are almost indistinguishable from each other, but if you see a warrior in full 277 T10 you'll know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorobashi View Post
    So what do you guys want? Blizz to keep HM versions of raids or for them to just make the "HMs" the raids themselves?
    I'd quite like WoW to continue being successful, if Blizzard made WoTLK hard mode difficulty the standard for Cataclysm half the playerbase would quit before the next expansion.
    Personally I'd prefer just truely challenging content with unique gear, When you impliment HM systems you send people out in the same gear skins with different colors and they just dont stand out.
    Your assumption is invalid, just because Blizzard didn't create unique skins for later hard modes doesn't mean it can't be done. Ulduar had unique items for instance, loved my Masticator.
    The 10/25 version of raids i had an issue with its loot system as well, not that i wanted the loot to have different skins but rather be the same gear. I'd have also liked to see 10 mans be equvilently challenging compared to the 25 man so there would be no dispute over (he gets the same item for ezier content Q_Q)
    That's exactly the model Blizzard are using for Cataclysm, 10 and 25 man raids will be the same difficulty and drop the same loot except that 25 mans will have a higher loot:raiders ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire Geek View Post
    I'd quite like WoW to continue being successful, if Blizzard made WoTLK hard mode difficulty the standard for Cataclysm half the playerbase would quit before the next expansion.

Your assumption is invalid, just because Blizzard didn't create unique skins for later hard modes doesn't mean it can't be done. Ulduar had unique items for instance, loved my Masticator.

That's exactly the model Blizzard are using for Cataclysm, 10 and 25 man raids will be the same difficulty and drop the same loot except that 25 mans will have a higher loot:raiders ratio.

First, Wow would not lose half its player base it had 9 million players before this shit tastic expansion and i'm sure it would have in the range of 9 million strong playing it in Cata if they made HMs the norm once again. When comparing bosses HMs in ICC and ToGC to the normal encounters of TBC I see bosses of equal challenge where as bosses from regular ICC and TOC are comparable to bosses like Curator, only the most idiotic of players die to them.

Unique skins is something blizzard has not done since Vanilla, they have become more and more lazy with their item skins since then most items from ulduar (even HM items) share their skin with one if not several other items in if not Ulduar than TBC or Vanilla content. If your refering to weapons, take a screen shot of your weapon from a side angle, then open that ss in pain, now carefully draw an outline of it, now compare that outline to the outline of other weapons in WoW, there are in the range of 40-50 new weapons added into WoW since WotLKs launch, all others are either A.) a reskin of another WotLK weapon or B.) a reskin of a TBC/Vanilla weapon.

Heres where things get interesting, you think that item from ICC is unique? Would it blow your mind to know that several of the items (even almost the exact skin for them) are from Sunwell Platue.

You just dont realize it because blizzard has upped the poly count on items. To think that blizzard will create unique armor sets for their regular and HM is to assume blizzard is not one of the most blatently lazy gaming industries on the market right now.

Also I am aware of blizzard dropping the same iLvl gear from 10/25 man in Cata however they have not confirmed they will share loot tables at this time. THAT is what most of us who play with a small group of friends now a days really wants so we do not need to ever do 25 man to have BiS gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorobashi View Post
    First, Wow would not lose half its player base it had 9 million players before this shit tastic expansion and i'm sure it would have in the range of 9 million strong playing it in Cata if they made HMs the norm once again. When comparing bosses HMs in ICC and ToGC to the normal encounters of TBC I see bosses of equal challenge where as bosses from regular ICC and TOC are comparable to bosses like Curator, only the most idiotic of players die to them.

Unique skins is something blizzard has not done since Vanilla, they have become more and more lazy with their item skins since then most items from ulduar (even HM items) share their skin with one if not several other items in if not Ulduar than TBC or Vanilla content. If your refering to weapons, take a screen shot of your weapon from a side angle, then open that ss in pain, now carefully draw an outline of it, now compare that outline to the outline of other weapons in WoW, there are in the range of 40-50 new weapons added into WoW since WotLKs launch, all others are either A.) a reskin of another WotLK weapon or B.) a reskin of a TBC/Vanilla weapon.

Heres where things get interesting, you think that item from ICC is unique? Would it blow your mind to know that several of the items (even almost the exact skin for them) are from Sunwell Platue.

You just dont realize it because blizzard has upped the poly count on items. To think that blizzard will create unique armor sets for their regular and HM is to assume blizzard is not one of the most blatently lazy gaming industries on the market right now.

Also I am aware of blizzard dropping the same iLvl gear from 10/25 man in Cata however they have not confirmed they will share loot tables at this time. THAT is what most of us who play with a small group of friends now a days really wants so we do not need to ever do 25 man to have BiS gear.
    you made a whole post about how blizz is lazy and then unsure if they will make different gear for the 10 mans..............

Quote Originally Posted by Undyingchaos View Post
    you made a whole post about how blizz is lazy and then unsure if they will make different gear for the 10 mans..............
    my hope is not that they will make different gear skins for the 10 and 25 man versions but rather different skins for regular and HM but knowing blizz obviously that wont happen

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire Geek View Post
    This statement is so flawed

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll lock this. No need for another thread on casuals vs hardcores.

Last word