Thread: Hunter changes

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Hunter changes

Well I liked most the changes until I read Hunter section. I honestly lol'd at the changes, rather then get mad. We just got the biggest nerf at one time I've ever seen :/. No more BM raiding? Has anyone in cata tried BM since the nerf?

BM was doing on average ~64% more damage then the other two specs in the same gear. This is called balancing. Way to overreact.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whoinow View Post
    BM was doing on average ~64% more damage then the other two specs in the same gear. This is called balancing. Way to overreact.
    I wasn't overreacting in anyway lol. Hence I lol'd at the nerf. Just curious what the numbers are since the nerf.

Deleted
    I love when you complain that BM got the biggest nerf ever...on beta.

no this is called overkill not balancing.. also notice they nerfed the other two specs as well. Oh but they keep buffing mages.. my alt mage was doing 8k easy on the target dummy with no practice or CDs. but apparently doing 12k on my main with 500 more GS and trying to perfect a rotation/priority is just too much DPS...

@kiting yes this is on Beta, but I sure hope it doesn't go live like that >.<

Multiple nerfs doesn't mean BM won't be able to raid, it means it was so overpowered that they had to bring it down. How can you assume the nerfs are overkill when they haven't been tested yet.

Hurray for Aimed Shot buff, doesn't seem like it will be enough but we'll have to see the numbers. The change to the MM mastery is awesome as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think and hope that all specs will be viable at cata release. As you can see on the mainpage bliz is still tweaking numbers.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love when people can't read the post. I didn't say the biggest nerf ever. I said the biggest nerf I've seen. I know it is beta. Hence curious how the numbers will be now. I'm not fully assuming overkill, more of is it still viable for dps and not just pet buffs... I know BM was OP, but it is a big nerf none the less. So I hope that someone will know via a beta tester to see if BM will be able to compete vs too much nerf.

Voodoou

I repeat, BM was doing on average ~64% more damage. Would you agree that "overkill" is a relative term and we have ZERO data at this point (9/30/2010 2:17PM PST) to compare before and after this build? So how do you know it was overkill? You don't so stop making dumb comments before data is available.

I dont think these changes are active on the PTR yet. The PTR build is still 13082. The new build is 13117

I should really find something worthwhile to put here now...

the question is not if BM was doing 64% more than the other specs, but before these nerfs, how was BM doing compared to other classes? Cause whatever it was, its gonna be alot lower now lol.

Deleted
    My 85 BM hunter with 8000 AP was hitting with kill command for about 8000 and critting for about 12000.

These changes are uncalled for, the bestial wrath nerf however is justified ( since you can spam arcane shots during enrage )

EDIT: for the record, i was doing between 7000 and 8000 DPS on the target dummys. ( used to be 12000 before the initial BM nerfs ) so ill check it out after the new build hits ( probably gonna shrink down to about 6000 dps but i'll see )
    Last edited by mmoc8511c888fc; 2010-09-30 at 09:37 PM.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    balancing babes, now our DPS sucks with all the 3 specs

Deleted
    Please get a clue what you are talking about. This is (again) QQ. These are not nerfs, these are stages in developing a rotation/dps that makes sense.

Speaking for Survival (the spec I tested most) Mastery was a simply a joke. It was more than twice as good as any other stat. I'm honestly glad that they finally try to tune stuff a bit because it's easier to get a 'real' look on how cata will play. I assume that SV will get a buff for Explosive Shot in another build so that the rotation actually works and AS-spam does not trump ES anymore. I really wished they'd get rid of BA but whatever, they seem to like it more than me.

They seem to have a hard time balancing BM but evening out the damage-ups and downs seems to be a good start. I have honestly no clue what's going on for MM but bringing back Aimed is certainly required.
    Last edited by mmoc019c19adc5; 2010-09-30 at 09:43 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Willferel View Post
    but it is a big nerf none the less.
    No, it's not. Was nobody here around last week?

Patch 4.0.1 Beta - Build 13117
    Kill Command now scales from 35% of RAP, down from 63%.

Patch 4.0.1 PTR - Build 13033
    Kill Command now scales from 63% of RAP, up from 21%.

Patch 4.0.1 Beta - Build 12984
    Kill Command now deals [ 21% of RAP + 772.27 ], down from [ 53% of RAP + 839.42 ].

This is a BUFF from Build 12984 (21% to 35%) and BM was STILL top DPS in Build 12984. You guys are way over-reacting, per usual!
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

They normalized the mastery bonuses mostly. If you read http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/09/27/sc...eta/#continued you see how messed up the scaling was. Hopefully that's better now.

Quote Originally Posted by whoinow View Post
    Except that the other two specs were goddamn awful. So if they bring BM down to that level, we're going to be entirely useless. So that's awesome.

I hate the idea of BM getting nerfed into the ground with the other two specs being useful.

Balancing is all fine and well, but this is going to wreck our damage output. Hopefully it gets fixed before 85.

Deleted
    @dcemuser: what these numbers do not show is the quite important question whether they let KC benefit from mastery or not. We'll see.

[EDIT]

@3clipse: Sure. We will be completely useless in every spec like hunters were in classic, bc, wotlk,... wait. It amazes me how you can actually really believe such a b*******.
    Last edited by mmoc019c19adc5; 2010-09-30 at 09:49 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 3clipse View Post
    Except that the other two specs were goddamn awful. So if they bring BM down to that level, we're going to be entirely useless. So that's awesome.

I hate the idea of BM getting nerfed into the ground with the other two specs being useful.

Balancing is all fine and well, but this is going to wreck our damage output. Hopefully it gets fixed before 85.
    Look at what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinco View Post
    @dcemuser: what these numbers do not show is the quite important question whether they let KC benefit from mastery or not. We'll see.
    KC has always benefited from the Mastery as far as I remember. They nerfed the Mastery because it was stupidly overpowered. As it stood, all BM hunters would reforge every single piece of gear to Mastery and gem straight Mastery at 85.

It was just silly.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    @dcemuser: IIrc, the last build where the scaling was >50%ap it didn't, but I might be wrong. Let's talk again when the build hits the server.