Thread: 4.0.1 logs

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    DV's logs aren't perfect, but most top guilds have logs out right now and it's pretty obvious that most melee lost significant damage while casters gained significantly more. The bottom of the list is warriors, ferals and rets. Good thing i didn't bother downloading the patch!
    Ferals were hit HARD.

Have mostly BIS pieces + Shadowmourne, been playing with the dummies and can push 6.3k before patch i could get 10.5k

my wifes fire mage strolls along on the dummies doing 11k easy

This is the end......

Well, I'm cancelling subscription until December 6th. Hopefully it'll all be fixed then.

I know that casters are broken, but seeing this last night was ridiculous.

I think my biggest TV last night was ~26k. How sad.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    You would have more fun playing with clcinfo then raiding.
    Lol.

Deleted
    I managed 16250 DPS on saurfang tonight, but it was our first raid after the patch so everyones addons and timers were completely fubared, and a lot of people didn't read up on everything so killtime etc was not perfect.

I can post our log as soon as it's up.

Most of our casters didn't really seem up to scratch with the new changes, so I placed relatively higher on the meters than what would otherwise been expected, however my DPS didn't seem as bad as everyone here is making it out to be.

It's about 2-3k lower than what I could pull previously, but still, we aren't as bad as warriors or ferals atm.

My gear is close to full plate BiS with 277 in all slots except 284 neck and 264 boots with Shadowmourne.

Most items had crit/haste combo already, so I reforged into haste on all the items that didn't have it

(polar claw: crit to haste)
    (skeleton lord's circle: crit to haste)
    (DBW heroic: crit to haste
    (Ashen band of Might: crit to haste)
    (277 tier legs: expertise to haste - this reforge made me exactly at 26 with SoT glyph)

so my unbuffed stats is at 32,7% haste (1071 rating), 30.4% crit and baseline 8% mastery. Both hit and expertise caps are met.

Furthermore, I macroed all my strikes like this:

#showtooltip crusader strike
    /cancelaura chaos bane
    /startattack
    /cast Rebuke
    /cast crusader strike
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    because of the bug that makes rebuke proc a seal, and because freeme and chaosbanebuddy stopped working. Then I macroed Zealotry and AW together and them twice in the fight.

Glyphs were:
    prime: TV, CS, SoT
    major: Ascetic crusader, rebuke and salvation

Thing I noticed, was that zealotry+AW FEELS like you are doing shitloads of damage, and then you glance over at recount at you are barely rising in ranks. Something needs to be done about TV, so both mastery and zealotry becomes more attractive. Make it holy damage or something so inquisition also will serve its place.

Thats really good to see Mew.

your range are crap on this log really. if they can't pass 20k, they are really bad. insect swarms dot are criting for 11k on our moonkin, about what my TV none crit hit for.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Ret was broken. If you don’t see eye to eye with us on that, then it’s understandable why the degree of change might be surprising to you
    i7 920@ 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte X58A-UD7, 6GB Ram Triple Channel OCZ @ 1900Mhz, CrossFire HD 5850 1Gb, Vertex 3 240Gb, BenQ M2700HD. G15 Keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by Mew View Post
    So you got a DPS push by using something that will likely be fixed before any other changes are made to our DPS abilities. I've heard estimates on Rebuke procs granting a 10% DPS bump, so your log probably shows 1500 or so DPS that you're not supposed to be doing. That would put you down in 11th spot, near the other paladin, who I assume is a tank (right?).
    Last edited by belfpala; 2010-10-13 at 09:49 PM.

the thing is, the difference between a good ret and a bad ret is almost worst than before as far as i can see.
    The other ret that did 2x LESS TV than me (20 compare to my 40) is only doing 2k less dps than me. it's really depressing.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Ret was broken. If you don’t see eye to eye with us on that, then it’s understandable why the degree of change might be surprising to you
    i7 920@ 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte X58A-UD7, 6GB Ram Triple Channel OCZ @ 1900Mhz, CrossFire HD 5850 1Gb, Vertex 3 240Gb, BenQ M2700HD. G15 Keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by ragingsoul View Post
    the thing is, the difference between a good ret and a bad ret is almost worst than before as far as i can see.
    The other ret that did 2x LESS TV than me (20 compare to my 40) is only doing 2k less dps than me. it's really depressing.
    How many hol procs did you have?

And Mew, I wouldn't call that a fair comparison because you're artificially boosting DPS with a bug. And your ranged are really, really bad. Really, really, really, really bad.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-cp...?s=3254&e=3512

this is our Festergut kill tonight, note i was using shadows edge with lack of a better weapon ( 38 shards atm), i haven't played beta so was not completely used to the rotation yet, but i used to pull 16.8-17.5k on these kind of fights

ps note the warlocks #1 damage done...lol
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    So you got a DPS push by using something that will likely be fixed before any other changes are made to our DPS abilities. I've heard estimates on Rebuke procs granting a 10% DPS bump, so your log probably shows 1500 or so DPS that you're not supposed to be doing. That would put you down in 11th spot, near the other paladin, who I assume is a tank (right?).
    What are you rambling about, rebuke on CD is nothing CLOSE to 10% dps lol. It's an extra seal every 10 seconds, it's marginal at best.

Just checked the logs, and my seals did 353.109 total damage in that encounter with 193 seal procs. That is 1829 avg damage per seal. The encounter lasted for 2 mins and 47 seconds, which is equal to 167 seconds, which equals a total maximum of 16 Rebuke uses during the fight.

So with avg values for my seal damage, rebuke "bug" contributed 29.264 damage. My total damage on the fight was 2.769.633 (2.77million) so rebuke macros was 1,06% of my overall dps.

I don't know where you pulled 10% from, but out of thin air would be a good bet.

And my ranged aren't bad, they simply haven't read up on how to play for the patch. Most of em haven't even bothered logging on the PTR, so it will take some time for them to adjust to a completely new setting. Regardless, it wasn't about the rest of my raid, it was about my numbers.

EDIT: no the other paladin retribution as well with similar gear to mine, however he didn't bother reforging his gear to haste and he had to ditch his astrylians cinch for a wrathful pvp belt to get the 5% str bonus.
    Last edited by mmoc9e8e7fdb19; 2010-10-13 at 11:03 PM.

So 2 palas raid, one does reasonably close to his original damage, the other no where near it. What do we draw from these facts?

Deleted
    Armory was down before, so linking it in case anyone is interested:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...cn=Dejav%C3%BA

The item tooltips doesn't show the reforging I have done, but I explained that further up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    And Mew, other tests shown that Rebuke gave 10% more dps.
    What tests are you referring to? My results are from real raid parsing, it won't get more accurate than that. Our seals do crap damage, and you get an extra every 10 seconds. Big whoop. As stated before, it gave me a 1% damage increase.

Here's the whole log if you wanna go over the numbers yourself
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/w...?s=3278&e=3446
    Last edited by mmoc9e8e7fdb19; 2010-10-13 at 11:31 PM.

"And Mew, other tests shown that Rebuke gave 10% more dps. " - link/source please.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew View Post
    I managed 16250 DPS on saurfang tonight, but it was our first raid after the patch so everyones addons and timers were completely fubared, and a lot of people didn't read up on everything so killtime etc was not perfect.

I can post our log as soon as it's up.

Most of our casters didn't really seem up to scratch with the new changes, so I placed relatively higher on the meters than what would otherwise been expected, however my DPS didn't seem as bad as everyone here is making it out to be.

It's about 2-3k lower than what I could pull previously, but still, we aren't as bad as warriors or ferals atm.

My gear is close to full plate BiS with 277 in all slots except 284 neck and 264 boots with Shadowmourne.

Most items had crit/haste combo already, so I reforged into haste on all the items that didn't have it

(polar claw: crit to haste)
    (skeleton lord's circle: crit to haste)
    (DBW heroic: crit to haste
    (Ashen band of Might: crit to haste)
    (277 tier legs: expertise to haste - this reforge made me exactly at 26 with SoT glyph)

so my unbuffed stats is at 32,7% haste (1071 rating), 30.4% crit and baseline 8% mastery. Both hit and expertise caps are met.

because of the bug that makes rebuke proc a seal, and because freeme and chaosbanebuddy stopped working. Then I macroed Zealotry and AW together and them twice in the fight.

Glyphs were:
    prime: TV, CS, SoT
    major: Ascetic crusader, rebuke and salvation

Thing I noticed, was that zealotry+AW FEELS like you are doing shitloads of damage, and then you glance over at recount at you are barely rising in ranks. Something needs to be done about TV, so both mastery and zealotry becomes more attractive. Make it holy damage or something so inquisition also will serve its place.
    Here is what your raid would have looked like if your casters understood the game.

#1 Boomkin
    #2 Lock
    #3 Lock
    #4 Spriest
    #5 Ele Shaman
    #6 Hunter
    #7 Rogue
    #8 Lock
    #9 Ret
    #10 DK
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Logs from a patch day raid tell nobody ANYTHING. It's insane to even show them. You have no idea what crazy circumstances might be happening during a patch-day raid. We had Rotface spontaneously despawn last night, for example.

"Logs from a patch day raid tell nobody ANYTHING. It's insane to even show them. You have no idea what crazy circumstances might be happening during a patch-day raid. We had Rotface spontaneously despawn last night, for example. " - That was my point.

Edit - "Here is what your raid would have looked like if your casters understood the game." - Whats wrong with the lock in 8th place, does he not understand either?

ret is pretty bad right now, but its no where near as bad as feral/warriors

full bis shadowmourne warrior doing around ~10k on fights tonight