Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

rogues vs old content

After some tries of killing ZA bosses I decided to create this thread
    Post your solo progress, maybe some tips for those, who starts to soloing content

Some tips from me:
    use this spec (glyphs included): wowhead.com/talent#f0bZfGccRc0RGo0h:0oVmbfmVc
    Indestructible potions are awesome. Use it. wowhead.com/item=40093
    Absorbing potions are also very good. wowhead.com/items?filter=na=mighty+protection+potion;cr=86;crs=11;crv=0
    You can use prepot, or even double-prepot (use absorb pot, wait 1 min, use armor pot, pull)
    For magic-based fights use wowhead.com/item=44939. Else wowhead.com/item=39666 + wowhead.com/item=40097
    Runes of warding will also help you wowhead.com/item=25521

I'll fix all links as soon as I can
    From Russia with love ^^

Interesting.

I'm curious about how you did in ZA.

/salute

10+ Year Old Account
    Yesterday I soloed all the bosses in ZG, including the mount bosses and Hakkar (finished this fight with an almost full health bar). I also soloed all the TBC heroics and then went to Kara. I never tried to solo Attumen before and I managed to do that with ease so I decided to stay in there a while longer and soloed Moroes and the Maiden of Virtue. I almost managed to solo the Opera Event (Red Riding Ho), but after one wipe I got bored and left. I was using a very basic Combat raiding spec, and no potion or elixir. Hell, I didn't even use a bandage! Recuperate FTW!! <3

Karazhan Attunman to Malchaezar
    ZA full
    Molten Core full
    Blackwing lair Vaelastrasz to Chromaggus

Quote Originally Posted by Dimanche View Post
    Interesting.

I'm curious about how you did in ZA.

/salute

ZA is hell...
    Bosses hit you for 5-7k non crit
    From Russia with love ^^

standard combat spec, improved recuperate and reinforced leather. ICC25H geared rogue. (2 tokens left but the queue is eternal)

soloed ZG, easily. only "need to do" boss is jin'do, so hakkar won't have the mindcontrol and cannot reset the fight. less priests, the easiest.

soloed all the TBC heroics, MGT little more difficult but not too much (destroy balls on vexallus -> nuke him with buff -> CoS)

not tried ZA, gonna give a shot this evening (even if i already farmed mojo)

Kara, done nearly all bosses. probably i'm doing wrong the wolf at opera (already done r&j and oz) and i'm still figuring how to do nethershade (didn't try, i thought he will shot me if not done correclty.

still farming MC for bindings, pretty easy.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

how are you guys getting in ZA for the gong? you're bringing in 5 people or however many people you need?

So last night I tried my first solo's and needless to say a few fights were a bit rough because I was underprepared. I managed to full clear ZG after a few deaths from Bloodlord. But now I am going to try a few more places tonight when I get home. I currently use mutilate spec for upped damage.

This is my spec (glyph buttons weren't working): http://www.wowhead.com/talent#fcIf0sGzoGobZ0h
    The glyphs I use are Vendetta, Rupture, and Mutilate. Evasion is the only important major glyph.

You get 16% reduced damage to you with this spec, nice single target damage. I use Dual Lifeward on a 1.8/1.4 speed daggers lvl 258/245.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    ...still farming MC for bindings, pretty easy.
    I didn't tried to solo Garr but how did u solved problem with his adds? Just spam FoK or maybe leave them and nuke boss?

nuke 4/5 adds, then go for boss.

anyine have some clue for netherspite?

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    anyine have some clue for netherspite?
    just tank it near the furthest wall and catch all 3 beams
    From Russia with love ^^

Quote Originally Posted by GaFFron View Post
    I didn't tried to solo Garr but how did u solved problem with his adds? Just spam FoK or maybe leave them and nuke boss?
    When I solo'd garr, I popped evasion, ignored adds, AR burned garr, and vanished after garr was dead (the adds reset but garr doesn't repop), then cleaned up.

Deleted
    Farming MC for bindings is easy now but what about full rep runs? Is it possible to clear it?

Coldkil, are you farming Elemantium Ore solo too?

no i'm stll trying to clear it, so when i come up with a good strategy for all the bosses, i'll tell you.

anyway speccing mutilate gives better results compared to combat:
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#fcIf0sGzoGobZ0h
    glyphs: vendetta, muti, rupture, cloak, evasion.

better combo generation, good for keeping up recuperate; 16% reduced damage is really good, especially for magic fights. not having good cds as for combat (especially bf + ks) is a pain for aoe fights, but we are more resistant and the dps output is higher as mut.

now going with 2 lifeward, but i want to try blood draining (really good with rupture and autoproc at 35% life for a good heal).

Quote Originally Posted by GaFFron View Post
    Farming MC for bindings is easy now but what about full rep runs? Is it possible to clear it?

Coldkil, are you farming Elemantium Ore solo too?
    how should that be possible? Afaik, the first boss of BWL is impossible to solo.
    (yes, you can burn him down real quick, but then all eggs explode and you die.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBleak View Post
    how are you guys getting in ZA for the gong? you're bringing in 5 people or however many people you need?
    The Gong only requires 1 person to ring it now (and has been for a while).
    Just make sure you ring it at roughly the same time as Harrison Jones.

didn't try any of the bosses, but trash is easy to manage.

i'm gonna try to do timed run one day XD

Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    how should that be possible? Afaik, the first boss of BWL is impossible to solo.
    (yes, you can burn him down real quick, but then all eggs explode and you die.)
    Yes it is. You can MC the dragon with ease however the spawning adds aggro you and cause you to loose MC when you are hit. Due to the MC debuff you can't immediately reaquire the dragon. If you kill the dragon he detonates everything and you die.

I figured out the minimum you need for the 1st boss is 3:
    1 to MC the Boss and kill the eggs.
    1 to Tank all the adds (and there are a lot!)
    1 to heal the tank (if you had a really good Paladin or Druid you might get away with 2!)

Quote Originally Posted by Minky View Post
    Karazhan Attunman to Malchaezar
    ZA full
    Molten Core full
    Blackwing lair Vaelastrasz to Chromaggus
    Molten Core Full? wasn't Golemag an issue and if not what spec/tricks did you use?

I'm also having problems with Gehennas, Golemag & Geddon.