Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugolol View Post
    Can anyone confirm this :P
    Currently (beta is beta disclaimer blah blah you know the drill) it is BoP
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/93328/vial-of-the-sands/
    But no, unlike carpets/engineering copters it does not currently (^) "require alchemy"

so you could in theory learn it, and drop alc if you have 30k gold sitting around and time to burn

So it could either become BoE, or get an Alchemy requirement slapped on it, and the spell - the latter could already be the case, as you cannot trust tooltips, which are in most cases hand-written or copied over from other items.

But we'll have to wait and see how it turns out.

What's pretty obvious, however:
    1. 1.5sec cast time
    2. You will "unmount" when trying to loot/herb/skin anything
    3. Because it is most likely not a true shapeshift, but rather a "normal" drake that simply hides your character model (several vehicles already do that)
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    From what I remember, the Chopper was BoP in wotlk beta, then became BoE later. I'm just saying, it could be the same deal with this mount.
    God I hope so. Ca-ching!
    --No Beta Club--
    Books let you imagine the impossible.
    Movies let you see the impossible.
    Video Games let you do the impossible

15+ Year Old Account
    From what I remember, the Chopper was BoP in wotlk beta, then became BoE later. I'm just saying, it could be the same deal with this mount.
    The Tailoring and Engineering flying mounts have never stopped requiring the profession. So it can go either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Alelok View Post
    God I hope so. Ca-ching!
    If you mean to sell it, the engineers always complained that the selling price of the Chopper hardly ever rose above the material costs. So don't think you can make much of a profit just because it is costly.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

I'm pretty sure its going to be an alchemy only mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    If you mean to sell it, the engineers always complained that the selling price of the Chopper hardly ever rose above the material costs. So don't think you can make much of a profit just because it is costly.
    In some way I think so. When the chopper was introduced it was quite expensive as I recall - yeah the price dived some after everyone got one, but I would not sell the drake for any less than double (or something) the price I paid to make it, if it was ever to become BoE.

1. It looks so much more badass than the damn chopper
    2. IT CAN FLYYYY
    3. I'd like to make some very nice profit from farming my ass off to even create this mean dragon.
    4. 45k too much? Then go buy it elsewhere lol

Deleted
    Jesus thats going to be alot of money.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neliah View Post
    In some way I think so. When the chopper was introduced it was quite expensive as I recall - yeah the price dived some after everyone got one, but I would not sell the drake for any less than double (or something) the price I paid to make it, if it was ever to become BoE.
    If it ever were to get BoE, people would not spend tons of gold when they can wait for a guildmate to learn the recipe and then get it for the mat cost from them

I don't know why anyone would pay 30k for a recolouring of a common mount.
    █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
    This site needs more red.

Quote Originally Posted by Bether View Post
    I don't know why anyone would pay 30k for a recolouring of a common mount.
    this one is a two seater mount. The one it looks exactly like is not a 2 seater mount.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    If it ever were to get BoE, people would not spend tons of gold when they can wait for a guildmate to learn the recipe and then get it for the mat cost from them
    Maybe, I'd still try and make a profit from it, I'm sure someone would buy it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    this one is a two seater mount. The one it looks exactly like is not a 2 seater mount.
    exactly.
    besides, as far as i know it shares models with some of the achievement mounts in cataclysm, which will probably be more difficult to obtain than in wotlk. i wouldn't call those "common" mounts, at least not in the beginning of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Neliah View Post
    45k too much? Then go buy it elsewhere lol
    Unless the recipe is a super-rare/hard raid drop, many people will have it after some days. And yes, elsewhere will surely be cheaper than your 45k.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Unless the recipe is a super-rare/hard raid drop, many people will have it after some days. And yes, elsewhere will surely be cheaper than your 45k.
    Tough luck, as long as you're not the one buying it, idc And I very much doubt it's gonna be a rare drop - if it was Blizz would have said so already.

Deleted
    Blizz has, in fact, said that this mount will be particularly rare. Go look for a source yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Alelok View Post
    God I hope so. Ca-ching!
    It's highly unlikely that even if it were BoE that it will be much of a money maker. Much like the chopper, most people who want one will gather the mats/gold they need and ask a friend/guildie to make it, thereby either bypassing a tip or not much of one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hope it becomes BoE so that I can make come gold off it like people did with the chopper.

Also money will be easier to come by at higher levels. So 30k is the new 15k

15+ Year Old Account
    I believe that the recipe is discovered. I could be wrong.