Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skilz View Post
    Malfurion with the help of Ysera can maybe help Illidan come back.
    Didn't Illidan die with his vial of the well of eternity still on him, never looted?

Yeah I guess. It just really pisses me off that characters I hate like Cenarius, and Onyxia comes back but my favorite character in the whole WC universe got killed off in the most anti climactic way ever. I need to learn how to cope with great loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    who knows maybe we find the 7 balls of deathwing and wish him back and cured of his insanity

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay!

More Illidan stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampantsoto View Post
    Once Vin Diesel is an adult I will feed him more than just crickets

I found a video, but its in german, youtube.com / watch?v=OXj00Oi9tjM

Illidan was awesome, multidimensional characer. I so wish he was back, cured of this all ouland insanity nonsense, and doing his bidding again. Doesn't matter, whether he turns out to be class trainer or end-boss, or both. I just wish to see him again

For those who are interested in the Story of this Quest:
    First you have to quest at the Whisperwind Grove in Felwood, do some stuff (Even cleansing Squirrels from this Fel taint).

So, after you finished there you are sent to kill a Demon Hunter (Sindweller, who is a Apprentice of Illidan) because he killed all druids that tried to cleanse some Satyr Ruins.

After you arrived at the Place you see the Demonhunter and you can talk to him, so after you talked to him you get a quest that have to help Illidan to defeat Arthas (Destiny of Flame and Sorrow, WC3 Mission)
    Then you have to help Illidan to defeat some demons near the Skull of Gul'dan (Which is a big red crystal btw.)
    Illidan transforms into his current form and then you defeat with him Tichondrius.

After that "Flashback" you get Sindweller's Eyebinding and after you equipped it you see that those Druids who tried to cleanse the Satyr Ruins are actually demons.
    Also you find out with the help of that Eyebind that the Archdruid of the Whisperwind Grove is a Satyr, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    For those who are interested in the Story of this Quest:
    First you have to quest at the Whisperwind Grove in Felwood, do some stuff (Even cleansing Squirrels from this Fel taint).

So, after you finished there you are sent to kill a Demon Hunter (Sindweller, who is a Apprentice of Illidan) because he killed all druids that tried to cleanse some Satyr Ruins.

After you arrived at the Place you see the Demonhunter and you can talk to him, so after you talked to him you get a quest that have to help Illidan to defeat Arthas (Destiny of Flame and Sorrow, WC3 Mission)
    Then you have to help Illidan to defeat some demons near the Skull of Gul'dan (Which is a big red crystal btw.)
    Illidan transforms into his current form and then you defeat with him Tichondrius.

After that "Flashback" you get Sindweller's Eyebinding and after you equipped it you see that those Druids who tried to cleanse the Satyr Ruins are actually demons.

Also you find out with the help of that Eyebind that the Archdruid of the Whisperwind Grove is a Satyr, too.
    Wow :O I'm an altoholic, so I'll really enjoy doing all those new quests on a new alt But yeah ...... if demon hunter will be the next "hero" class in expansion after cataclysm, we might see Illidan coming back as their trainer :P

And in before "ILLIDAN IS DEAD, DEAL WITH IT...." - it's Blizzards game, they can do whatever they want with THEIR lore/characters/world. Besides that, Nathrezim/demons can't die outside of their homeworld. Their body might be destroyed, but their souls are sent back to their realm, and they can come back with new ones from there. Illidan became half elf - half demon after absorbing skull of Gul'dan. We don't know all his powers, he propably didn't know either. He might aswell be in demon Homeworld killing all demons he can find

15+ Year Old Account
    Wait.. so this is a low level quest in Cata? I need to do this.

Anyways.. I do hope like many others that Illidan would come back.. but I really don't see it happening. Sigh

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlord-Kromgar View Post
    Hes insane what redemption could he have now?
    Well, Metzen seems to be considering his revival and redemption, as he's a sucker for those stories.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind. His potential was completely wasted in BC. If they want to bring him back for the revamped Outland questing experience whenever they do that, I'm fine with it. And I've always wanted to have a playable Demon Hunter class...

They can always revive him at the Altar of Storms... http://cata.wowhead.com/quest=25688

I'd love to try that quest, where does it start?

Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    Don't look so smug! I know what you're thinking, but the Black Temple was merely a set back. Did you honestly believe I would trust the future to some traitorous, broken mongrel? [laughs] Oh no, no, no, he was merely an instrument, a stepping stone to a much larger plan! It has all led to this...and this time, you are not prepared!
    /thread

He was never insane. Play through Warcraft, hes only misguided. After his defeat by Arthas, he became somewhat insane/obsessed with the thought of revenge. With Arthas dead, and they can say we never killed him, anything before Wrath is not Canon, Jarod Mace is gonna prove that.

---------- Post added 2010-11-13 at 03:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Well, Metzen seems to be considering his revival and redemption, as he's a sucker for those stories.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind. His potential was completely wasted in BC. If they want to bring him back for the revamped Outland questing experience whenever they do that, I'm fine with it. And I've always wanted to have a playable Demon Hunter class...

They can always revive him at the Altar of Storms... http://cata.wowhead.com/quest=25688
    or they can just say we never killed him

I like the whole idea though, Illidan was one of my favorites in warcraft and he seems like he'd be more useful then a leader who sits in their throne room all the time.

However I think the quest at the topic is actually a teaser to War of the Ancients

Insanity is not limited to "Bad Guys"

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by kampfer View Post
    He was never insane. Play through Warcraft, hes only misguided. After his defeat by Arthas, he became somewhat insane/obsessed with the thought of revenge. With Arthas dead, and they can say we never killed him, anything before Wrath is not Canon, Jarod Mace is gonna prove that.

---------- Post added 2010-11-13 at 03:51 PM ----------

or they can just say we never killed him

I like the whole idea though, Illidan was one of my favorites in warcraft and he seems like he'd be more useful then a leader who sits in their throne room all the time.

However I think the quest at the topic is actually a teaser to War of the Ancients
    Errr.... Oh yes he was, lets just refer to the dialog he has with Maiev inside the Tomb of Sargeras, she calls him mad or insane and he says that 10.000 years in a dark prison cell does that to your mind... So yeah, he was batshit crazy

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Tahapenes View Post
    /thread
    I'd be suprised if quoting Kael'thas makes anyone chuckle anymore. Not that it did the first time.

---------- Post added 2010-11-13 at 05:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Errr.... Oh yes he was, lets just refer to the dialog he has with Maiev inside the Tomb of Sargeras, she calls him mad or insane and he says that 10.000 years in a dark prison cell does that to your mind... So yeah, he was batshit crazy
    Would you take someones word for it? I'm Insane.

I'm also a Black Dragon. Promise.

I don't know if they'd plan on reviving him. It'd be a bit sketchy. It's Blizzard's game though, and if Illidan were to be revived, I would gladly follow him into battle.

As far as a redemption goes, I'd be happy to see a redemption of his sanity. His soul should definitely be put to rest. Because I very much doubt he currently is resting.

/rpandlorenerdoff

Also, Illidan was very much insane. You could mention the 10,000 years in the prison. Or you could bring up being struck by Frostmourne and surviving. He claims to have killed Arthas during a quest in Shadowmoon Valley. He was very much crazy.
    Last edited by Highlight; 2010-11-13 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Additional info

3DS FC: 1821-9540-3146
    Electric Safari: Manectric, Pikachu and Emolga. Looking for other friend codes for safari.
    Pre-Ordered Alpha Sapphire

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Yeah, he also said in the quest that even Arthas couldn't defeat him. And as most of us have seen the wc3 cinematic, Illidan got manhandled.

He's deluded and insane. Or was.

I'd love to see Illidan come back. He is one of the most misunderstood lore characters in the lore (by both other lore characters and IRL people). A hero and a villain at the same time. If he did come back, I'd like him to come back as a hero or neutral character if anything. Having some redemption, and not becoming another boss fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Xylense View Post
    Yeah, he also said in the quest that even Arthas couldn't defeat him. And as most of us have seen the wc3 cinematic, Illidan got manhandled.

He's deluded and insane. Or was.
    Yeah he did kind of lose some of his sanity after being defeated by Arthas. Here is the quote from that quest.
    "Lord Illidan Stormrage yells: So you have defeated the Crimson Sigil. You now seek to challenge my rule? Not even Arthas could defeat me, yet you dare to even harbor such thoughts? Then I say to you, come! Come <name>! The Black Temple awaits..."

If I recall, he also speaks to The Skull of Guldan as if it were Arthas himself after his defeat.
    Last edited by Sephirithane; 2010-11-13 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephirithane View Post
    I'd love to see Illidan come back. He is one of the most misunderstood lore characters in the lore (by both other lore characters and IRL people). A hero and a villain at the same time. If he did come back, I'd like him to come back as a hero or neutral character if anything. Having some redemption, and not becoming another boss fight.
    While I have to agree with him not being dealt with properly. He's dead.