Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Is alliance as epic as horde is? Cataclysm

It seemse that once again blizzard favours the "Horde". You can argue as much as you want, but most do agree with me, lets take a look.

The quests added in the 1-60 are HORDE, and HORDE alone, all the epicness is HORDE. Azhara is epic, stonetalon is EPIC, silverpine forest is EPIC, hillsbrad and so on, Horde zones and quests is really in a whole other class then alliance.

What exiting and cool quests does alliance have? Keeshan wannabe Rambo? I guess thats cool, but that leaves one, i want epicness on alliance side i want so much more...

Deleted
    From what I've seen, the Alliance 'revamped leveling experience' is extremely underwhelming, both visually and quest-wise. A big exception would be the worgen starting zone, unfortunately that is 'short-lived'.

Though I know this isnt quite the response you're looking for. The alliance had 6 years of "better" questing. It only seems fit to make up to the horde.
    And there's also the fact that what you consider Epic can greatly differ from other players opinions

10+ Year Old Account
    Bravo Company. That is all.
    “Where books are burned in the end people will burn.”
    -Heinrich Heine

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadkill View Post
    Though I know this isnt quite the response you're looking for. The alliance had 6 years of "better" questing. It only seems fit to make up to the horde.
    And there's also the fact that what you consider Epic can greatly differ from other players opinions
    got to ask how.

seemed pretty much the same crap to me,

even in out land and thc

the most epic quests are shared between horde and ally exept for the horde one where thrall shows up in nagrand.

considering all higher lvl zones out side the 3 starters (hell,borean,fjord) are pretty much only seperate faction stuff
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2010-12-01 at 05:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't really have an opinion on the matter. I've never had an alliance character past level 30 without RAF.

15+ Year Old Account
    I haven't been through too much yet but I can say that I'm split between whether I like it or not.

On one side the quests are all nice.. Solving the murder of the Furlbrows and Blanchy was amazing and at the same time it seems like once again the Alliance is fighting everything BUT the Horde. Ah Gnolls! Defias!, Boars!

Still without thinking about it too deeply I'm enjoying the questing.. and I'm leveling a mage.. I HATE casters so that tells you how good these quests are even if they don't deal with the 2nd biggest threat to the Alliance too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    To quote a certain Orc from a thread titled Night Elves are the hardest of cores on our realm forums:

Quote Originally Posted by Ironskull
    I am playing through Darkshore right now.

This is how Night Elves go...

Me: "I have arrived in Darkshore! Haha, maybe I will pet some rabbits or something or maybe feed the homeless and that will be my quest! Hey, what is the quest for fluffy cuddles today?"

Them: "THAT QUESTGIVER IS DEAD."

Me: "OH GOD WHAT HAPPENED"

Them: "SHUT UP LOSER GO DOWN THE BEACH AND SEE IF ANYONE IS NOT DEAD"

Me: "OKAY I AM GOING OH GOD NO HELP PLEASE NO THERE IS NO ONE WHO IS NOT DEAD THEY ARE ALL DEAD"

Them: "are you sure"

Me: "YES PRETTY SURE OKAY"

Them: "you have to be really sure"

Me: "HOW DO I DO THAT"

Them: "take them gently by the hand and look them in the eye and then watch the life slip out of their vacant, doll-like gazes"

Me: "oh no please there must be another way"

Them: "this is the only way. look into their eyes and tell them it will be okay. lie to them in their last moments that they may know some modicum of peace in the perpetual agony that is their lives, even as your very soul blackens for committing such a hateful act unto them"

Me: "o...okay...I did that...I am crying a lot right now is that normal is it normal to cry a lot"

Them: "Yes, my child...IF YOU ARE A FAT BABY NOW GET UP GET UP YOU FILTHY PIG"

Me: "YES OH GOD HOW CAN I HELP"

Them: "KILL THIS RAT"

Me: "I DID AND I DIED"

Them: "YES YOU DIED INSTANTLY THAT IS HOW HARDCORE WE ARE DOWN HERE"

Me: "AAAAARRRGH I FEEL MY BLOOD PUMPING"

Them: "OKAY GOOD JUST DONT GET WEIRD ABOUT IT"

Me: "OKAY"

Them: "NOW GO KILL FORSAKEN"

Me: "YEAH!"

Them: "AND TROLLS"

Me: "WOO"

Them: "AND NOW ORCS KILL THEM ALL KILL THEM KILL THEM KILL THEEEEEEM"

Me: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH"

Meanwhile, in Silverpine...

Forsaken Sergeant: "sir! news from the front! the worgen are literally punching our butts!"

Belmont: "Oh jeez can we stop getting our butts punched long enough to pick some flowers or is that just too much to ask"

Forsaken Sergeant: "sir, message from Darius Crowley: 'hahaha, u suk we blow u up n take ur stuff and u r dum and u r poop u a doodoo race made of doodoo that is what you is'"

Belmont: "..."

Forsaken Sergeant: "sir...there's one more passage: 'p.s. we are coming...to PUNCH U R BUTT'"

Belmont: "...mother of god"

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

Well Blizz mostly plays horde so... and I don't care about that realy as long as they don't make a Horde-favored raid...

Quote Originally Posted by Davrun View Post
    It seemse that once again blizzard favours the "Horde". You can argue as much as you want, but most do agree with me, lets take a look.

The quests added in the 1-60 are HORDE, and HORDE alone, all the epicness is HORDE. Azhara is epic, stonetalon is EPIC, silverpine forest is EPIC, hillsbrad and so on, Horde zones and quests is really in a whole other class then alliance.

What exiting and cool quests does alliance have? Keeshan wannabe Rambo? I guess thats cool, but that leaves one, i want epicness on alliance side i want so much more...
    Well I found the new Alliance experience to be quite good actually.
    Have you tried every Alliance 1-60 leveling zones before making the assumption that the Horde zones are better?
    Because I am almost done with the Alliance lvling zones and for now I find it quite good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davrun View Post

All I have to say really is..."once again"? lol really please these past two expansions should've just been labelled world of alliancecraft: alliance crusade/alliance of the alliance.....in all seriousness though things were tipped in your favor, ever so slightly but still.

Haha, I'm going to try to reply in the best way considering I didn't quite understand most of that.
    I must clarify that I meant to say better 1-60 questing. I'd go back and change that but well. . . It'll be right here.
    Personally I found original horde questing extremely lacking compared to alliance, mainly because of awkward landscapes and routes to quest on.
    To me it seems like blizzard is making up for their original bias.

Though If what the OP has said i would have to call shenanigans on lack of epic alliance questing. Seems like an expansion pack would be a bad place to pick favorites.

Because i failed to reply with quotes I must clarify that this is in response to GennGreymane.

Yeah. just from my small stint in Ashenvale, I keep hearing about How horde was supposedly giving the Elfs heck there, but all I saw was me having to go and bail out every damn Quest cluster from Elves in some form or another.

So I don't know how Ashenvale is yet, but it's not a bed of Roses everywhere on Horde side (Although I will give you the Azshara point-do they even get to do anything like Xylem's trials? D

Just let us have this one XPac

Quote Originally Posted by Terranor View Post
    Well I found the new Alliance experience to be quite good actually.
    Have you tried every Alliance 1-60 leveling zones before making the assumption that the Horde zones are better?
    Because I am almost done with the Alliance lvling zones and for now I find it quite good.
    I've done Horde and Alliance both before and after the shattering. Alliance I'm up to 35 and I can say it's really not different at all. Still fighting the same crap I always have, that being everything BUT the Horde. Horde, I'm up to 42. Revamped experience has been great so far. So much immersion and quality differences from before.

To me, hands down Blizzard focused more on Horde then Alliance. Also, having leveled Horde and Alliance prior, I can say that in Vanilla, Alliance story was a bit more interesting and easy, but since TBC, Horde has had it hands down.

Blizzard needs to take the bias out of the decision making process and realize that people play both factions and therefore expect equal experiences. If they can't do that, maybe it's time they bring in someone that can. Rule #1 in business is this, "Make sure you reach the broadest market available." If they focus so much on Horde story lines, they risk losing the Alliance players. It's the same basic reason that raids now allow almost 100% of people to play them instead of the 2% in Vanilla and the ~25% in TBC that actually saw the end game content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syronicus View Post
    Just let us have this one XPac
    u didnt have the other 2?

if u use the argument that arthas and illidan are alliance hero/bad guys...... how did this effect ur gameplay?

also nerzhul guldan

---------- Post added 2010-12-01 at 05:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    All I have to say really is..."once again"? lol really please these past two expansions should've just been labelled world of alliancecraft: alliance crusade/alliance of the alliance.....in all seriousness though things were tipped in your favor, ever so slightly but still.
    point to it

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If i was ever forced to play only Alliance toon, i would delete my account and reroll Counter Strike again.. And yes this is a mature comment.. Why on earth play a fanction that is outdated, graphics of toons are poor, animations of casting spells/moves are crapy and not carefuly designed.
    Gnomes are small and ugly, draenei reminds me of avatar, who would wanna play human?- we all humans in real life, male druids make me wanna puke, dwarfs remind me of me 89 year old grandpa and so on.
    On the topic though, i dont mind if you get all the love from Blizzard there is, all the epicness.. As long as u keep ur faith in ur fanction and just leave us alone..

On a serious note.. PLEASE STOP REROLLING HORDE GUYS, we need to keep the balance 50-50

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    u didnt have the other 2?

if u use the argument that arthas and illidan are alliance hero/bad guys...... how did this effect ur gameplay?

also nerzhul guldan

---------- Post added 2010-12-01 at 05:38 AM ----------

point to it
    I'll use two very obvious things

/point @ AV bridge

/point @ Alliance : Horde territory ratio

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    I'll use two very obvious things

/point @ AV bridge

/point @ Alliance : Horde territory ratio
    wait AV MAKES A WHOLE XPACK

barrens was larger than 2 zones. had 3 instances. had alot of quests.

I'm currently leveling a Horde toon at the moment, and am totally engrossed in the quests, far more than I was levelling a Shaman during TBC / WotLK. I haven't levelled up anything Alliance side yet post-patch - I have enough 80s for now, and am saving it for my Worgen, which will be a Race / Class combination (Rogue) that I somehow think will be an awful lot like the last hour of John Woo films.

Both are pretty epic for me right now; both hearing things from my Alliance friends levelling toons, the quest experience in Barrens / Durotar and tanking the revised dungeons and the anticipation of finally getting around to the class I know I love, but have restrained myself from playing until the time was truly ripe for the taking.
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght