10+ Year Old Account

Eng Cogwheels... How do they work?

Anyone know how the Cogwheel mechanic works? How do you make a Cogwheel slot on your helmet and how do you make the Cogwheel itself? I'm approaching 500 Eng, and still don't have the ability.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I believe the cogwheels are ONLY for the engineer helmets, and they're bought at Dragonmaw Port (horde, not sure for alliance). I could be totally wrong, but I believe thats the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by ara View Post
    other shaman are in a sort of relationship with the elements.
    Goblins are more like rapists...

Deleted
    Fucking Cogwheels, how do they work?

on the helmet you will have 2 cogwheel slots when you craft it.
    there is a trainer for engineering in twilight highlands that will sell you the cogwheels in exchange for certain engineering items. IE: engineering tool box.
    be sure to check for the corresponding item to the cogwheel you wish to purchase on wowhead.

Quote Originally Posted by Howling View Post
    Fucking Cogwheels, how do they work?
    It's fuckin' miracles!!

Cogwheels are buyable at dragonmaw port (horde) for some engineering stuff
    right now they are only useable on the epic engineering goggles and they rock!

just need to get to 525 :<

Cogwheels are "gems" that you only use for the epic goggles from engineering. You get them in Twilight Highlands for both Horde and Alliance you cannot put cogwheels on item's

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    kinda hope they will last a while with the stat boost given by the cogwheel gems since the engi head looks pure awsome!

They don't really give you an overall stat boost, they only make the engineering helms match the budget of normal t11-level helms. The advantage is that you can pick whatever 2 stats you want in large amounts.

Deleted
    Cog wheels are for the engi goggles.

More the question is.. what happend to the Hydraulic sockets ?

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    true, my bad :-)

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillstream View Post
    Cog wheels are for the engi goggles.

More the question is.. what happend to the Hydraulic sockets ?
    Could be the "epic" version of cogwheels, since we're currently only on blue gems. They tend to release the epics later on, maybe hydraulics with them.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

15+ Year Old Account
    Cogwheels works basicly as any other secondary stat on an item which the Engineering item doesn't have because it has the socket instead. This will make the Helmet more likely to fit your spec/need since you can freely choose the secondary stat on it instead of trying to farm a Helmet with the stats you want through RNG.

They switched to cogwheels-only, dropping hydraulic pumps, so that you weren't restricted in what stats you could choose. Previously, the 8 stats now available to cogwheels were split between cogs and hydraulic pumps, allowing you to choose from 1 of Mastery, Haste, Crit, and Dodge and 1 of Parry, Expertise, Hit, and Spirit.

Now, it is far more customizable to give the profession an even greater "perk."
    Last edited by cybermind; 2010-12-15 at 07:20 AM.

If you are Alliance, you buy the cogwheel at engineering vendor at Highbank, after you've done the quest chain to be able to see him in the first place. Btw, cogwheels are unique-equipped (*cough* I may have bought two spirit ones and then realized that ;_;...)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot123 View Post
    If you are Alliance, you buy the cogwheel at engineering vendor at Highbank, after you've done the quest chain to be able to see him in the first place. Btw, cogwheels are unique-equipped (*cough* I may have bought two spirit ones and then realized that ;_;...)
    You not alone, i bought 2 Haste ones on my Elemental shaman and thought OMG 400 Haste ima gonna pew now, wait damn scratch that.
    Synit 110 - Orc Elemental Shaman [Active]