going 80-85 on rogue....help

I got my pally and mage to 85 now I am starting on my rogue.
    What tree for best leveling in cata?
    I was kinda surprised when I looked at drops and things he is skinning/leatherworking
    seems that a ton of items have crit and EJ and others are saying weak on rogues now.
    Weapons I see a lot more daggers than anything else so are we forced to go ass or sup?

10+ Year Old Account
    What thread number is this now asking about what spec is best to level as... Take a look at the trees. You've done the quests twice now. I am assuming that your rogue is 80 so you have some understanding of what goes on in the rogue world. With that knowledge you should be able to come up with an appropriate leveling spec on your own. With the way the trees are set up now it's hard to relly mess up unless you just christmas tree your choices all the way down the spec.

I've seen rogues leveling as sub.
    I was leveling my rogue sitting next to another rogue and she was doing fine as combat.
    I personally went assassaination because that what I like.

Pick the tree you like then make choices based on your knowledge.
    Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz | MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Corsair - Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4-3400 Memory | Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | Samsung - 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive | EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card | Corsair - 850W ATX Power Supply | 2 x HP - Omen 27 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor | Microsoft - Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Level with whatever spec you enjoy the most. I leveled as Combat because that's what I've always played and I enjoy it greatly. I did quickly realize that Cata lacks fast off-hand swords/axes/maces, but it's perfectly fine to use a fast dagger in the off-hand now.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor77ri View Post
    Level with whatever spec you enjoy the most. I leveled as Combat because that's what I've always played and I enjoy it greatly. I did quickly realize that Cata lacks fast off-hand swords/axes/maces, but it's perfectly fine to use a fast dagger in the off-hand now.
    agreed. I'm leveling as combat as that's what I enjoy. Imp Recuperate + Deadly Momentum + Quickening really = no downtime. I get a 5 point Recuperate going, and just steam roll through mobs. If you pull a few, no biggy, just hit blade flurry and killing spree.

I really don't see any of the other specs being difficult, though. Just do whatever you like.

leveling tree doesnt matter, all you need is improved recupurate and refresh recp&snd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrProper View Post
    leveling tree doesnt matter, all you need is improved recupurate and refresh recp&snd
    This is a must have for your leveling spec. With these talents going from mob to mob is so quick. Combat helps for leveling due to Imp recup and the reinforced leather. Less damage taken plus more healing.

thanks for the help.
    I have sat and thought about all 3 trees but I leveled 1-80 as combat I am not hardcore and only used mut in a raid or 2.
    It was like the fast OH, from what I knew I was thinking 2 2.6 weapons....shows what I know...that is why I am asking

deadly momentum and improved recuperate are both awesome for levelling, so make sure you get those no matter what tree you go for.