10+ Year Old Account
    If they're AFK for more than 15-20m and the game doesn't automatically log them out to character select, that's again Square Enix's fault. Autologout exists for a reason as a standard across most MMO's.
    Yeah and I can guarentee there are those who know this and aren't logging out.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The game itself is great.. but the myrriad of technical difficulties that accompanied the Early Access make me believe their IT and tech counceling is SORELY lacking. They need a down to earth tech guy to tell them "Yoshi, it's a great game and all, but all those Fcking people will not fit on the Fcking servers, please pull your head out of cloud land and get down to earth, the servers will burn".
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Yeah and I can guarentee there are those who know this and aren't logging out.
    So if they aren't logging out, then they'd be playing, and that's totally cool. I'd never ask someone to stop playing the game and log out so I could play.

But if they're staying logged while out of the home/sleeping etc. because there's not auto logout feature (I don't remember there being one during beta, but I may be wrong) then it's 100% Square Enix's fault.

Redit: Have JP servers been running uninterrupted since the start of early access? Because if so, that's really fucked up for the rest of us in the West who have been completely unable to play...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So if they aren't logging out, then they'd be playing, and that's totally cool. I'd never ask someone to stop playing the game and log out so I could play.

But if they're staying logged while out of the home/sleeping etc. because there's not auto logout feature (I don't remember there being one during beta, but I may be wrong) then it's 100% Square Enix's fault.
    There wasn't one during the beta. I know that because I went afk for a long while and was shocked to be still logged in.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Are they actually doing another maintenance? Don't see any word about it online so wondering if it's actually true.

edit: nvm they are down lol.

Yeah they are doing a maintenance - but I was able to get in and stay on for a few hours today, and while in things seemed to work pretty well for the most part. Dungeons etc were no problem at all and at least from what I can tell, the issues seem to be only log on problems now? Could be wrong tho so...

But at least I can do dungeons now, and main story quests. Game is fun as hell when you can get on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Redit: Have JP servers been running uninterrupted since the start of early access? Because if so, that's really fucked up for the rest of us in the West who have been completely unable to play...
    Nah, but they've gone off less than the NA/EU ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why doesn't their twitter keep us better updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Why doesn't their twitter keep us better updated.
    They have two, one is general stuff.

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN

One is news.

https://twitter.com/FFXIV_NEWS_EN

A direct link to their news updates are on this website for NA.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/

EU news site.

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/

10+ Year Old Account
    Lucky! I randomly tried to get in and well, I'm in. Looks like maintenance is over early.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm all alone. There's like no one logged in XD

10+ Year Old Account
    After 12 hours of periodically trying I finally got in! now to hope I don't get DC'd....

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Lucky! I randomly tried to get in and well, I'm in. Looks like maintenance is over early.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't tell them that, have the server to yourself!

Edit: Looks like I can get in too. Let's hope they actually fixed the issue and this isn't just because people arn't on.

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Must be nice Behemoth is full and no queue for me, error 1017.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Don't tell them that, have the server to yourself!
    Too late, seems like servers are already full lol

Hey, I bought the original version of 14, but I only played 1 month so my account isn't legacy status. Do I still get the new version of the game? Do I get the first month of free game time like legacy and new copies?

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like new char creation is still locked. GAH

World full.

WTB proper queue system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ButterDunker View Post
    Hey, I bought the original version of 14, but I only played 1 month so my account isn't legacy status. Do I still get the new version of the game? Do I get the first month of free game time like legacy and new copies?
    You get two weeks for free. Did you play in beta phase 3 and beta phase 4?

I would be able to log in now that it's about time for me to hit the hay. Typical.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayocell View Post
    You get two weeks for free. Did you play in beta phase 3 and beta phase 4?
    I played for a bit of both of those betas yeah, maybe 3-4 hours each, I dont want to ruin the experience