10+ Year Old Account
    It's refreshing to have the NDA officially lifted. I've been in since alpha but have been playing dumb on all the forums I frequent :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    also, now the NDA is lifted, can I get a conformation that being in previous stages of the beta means you're guarenteed access to phase 3? even if you've not recieved an email you can just rock up on the day it goes live? I've heard conflicting things about it and it's buggin me.
    That should be the case. To check if you're still in I'd check out the beta forums and see if you have access.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelle
    I have a copy of the original game, so i should be eligible for this beta, but where do you download the client?
    Go here and visit the forums. Go to the Getting Started forum to go to the beta client download.

It's refreshing to have the NDA officially lifted. I've been in since alpha but have been playing dumb on all the forums I frequent :P
    You bitch, I'll remember this.

How is the combat is it still clunky with the 2.5 sec GCD?

been in it since the phase 2 but they still havent implemented the "lfg" tool yet have they?
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    You bitch, I'll remember this.

How is the combat is it still clunky with the 2.5 sec GCD?

As of Phase 2 it's still the same. However check this! I haven't got to try it out yet of course (p3), but here's a quote from the devs that I saw:

――βフェーズ3では、バトルシステムも調整されるということです が、方向性としてはどういう風に変えたのですか?
    In beta phase 3, battle system will go through some changes, what direction did it take for the changes?
    吉田氏: これまで全部が「グローバルクール*ウンタイマー」に支配されて いたのですが、アビリティは単独で動作し、ウェポンスキルはグロ ーバルクール*ウンが起動していますが、間にアビリティを挟んで バフを維持したり。だから、忙しく*ったと*いますよ。
    Y: Up until now everything was taken control by GCD but abilities will now move on it’s own (timer) Weapon skill will have GCD but you can use abilities now in between so you’re going to be busy.
    So they're listening to us.

THAT COMBAT CHANGE!!! OMG... I knew since Alpha that a new combat system was in the works but this is just beautiful.

NDA has been lifted? Makes sense since P3 starts tomorrow. I'm a legacy member, so I've been dabbling in the beta from time to time, imputting my ideas and bugs. I've been waiting for P3 before really sinking into the beta though. I miss my 50 BLM from Limsa Lominsa, and want to help bug fix those areas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordin Solus View Post
    been in it since the phase 2 but they still havent implemented the "lfg" tool yet have they?
    Nope, according to the roadmap that will come midway in phase 3.

---------- Post added 2013-06-13 at 05:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shardik View Post
    NDA has been lifted?
    It's...complicated. You can talk about the beta now, and share images, but can't share your own footage.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    THAT COMBAT CHANGE!!! OMG... I knew since Alpha that a new combat system was in the works but this is just beautiful.
    Oh, so the pace of combat just shot up. Interesting, I was alright with the slower pace of combat during the previous beta phase, but I'm going to have to test this out now.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Oh, so the pace of combat just shot up. Interesting, I was alright with the slower pace of combat during the previous beta phase, but I'm going to have to test this out now.
    I had no trouble with the pacing, it was just that so many spells had the same cast time and did the same thing and that everything was on the GCD. With this change it means that classes can use their buffs without "losing" one GCD for an attack. Or that's what I hope.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had no trouble with the pacing, it was just that so many spells had the same cast time and did the same thing and that everything was on the GCD. With this change it means that classes can use their buffs without "losing" one GCD for an attack. Or that's what I hope.
    Thats the implication. The GCD will be purely for your weaponskills, any other abilities are going to be off the GCD.

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Thats the implication. The GCD will be purely for your weaponskills, any other abilities are going to be off the GCD.
    Yeah in theory. You still have the animation locking that occurs when you use buffs and stuff so will have to see exactly how this works in practice. Hopefully they give up the smoother animations and just let us fade from buff animation to attack animation immidately.

---------- Post added 2013-06-13 at 07:33 PM ----------

Final Fantasy XIV is on stage at E3 in 2 hours right?

I still can't believe how much they changed in the short amount of time they had the game closed down. They completely rebuilt the whole world?? Doesn't it usually take 5+ years to make an MMO? I'm sure they kept some stuff but it doesn't seem like very much. I really hope I get into the beta!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghier View Post
    I still can't believe how much they changed in the short amount of time they had the game closed down. They completely rebuilt the whole world?? Doesn't it usually take 5+ years to make an MMO? I'm sure they kept some stuff but it doesn't seem like very much. I really hope I get into the beta!
    It doesnt take that long (5 years) if you already have the engine and the tools to work with. They pooled a lot of staff to this project and it has been down for more than half a year with probably 60 hour weeks. It looks great so far and I am really impressed by some of their systems and I am sure the game will be very well made when it comes out.

Beneath YoshiP's smile and positive attitude, likes a slavedriver who has kept his staff working 24/7 for the past year straight.

Most of the world building has been in progress since they announced 2.0 2 years ago, and they only took down the 1.0 servers when it was mostly finished so they could start alpha/beta testing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone see this?

Fun stuff.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beneath YoshiP's smile and positive attitude, likes a slavedriver who has kept his staff working 24/7 for the past year straight.
    Imagine him with a moogle in his shirt with a whip cracking it at the staff.

Man, having to redownload the client is annoying.

Actually really nice to see the combat change though.

Quote Originally Posted by Totori View Post
    Imagine him with a moogle in his shirt with a whip cracking it at the staff.

Man, having to redownload the client is annoying.

Actually really nice to see the combat change though.
    Haven't loaded the launcher in a while so I decided to do a fresh install. The new launcher looks much better. Kinda excited to play my catgirl again this weekend. More games need catgirls.

Haven't loaded the launcher in a while so I decided to do a fresh install. The new launcher looks much better. Kinda excited to play my catgirl again this weekend. More games need catgirls.
    You need to create a new catgirl though

You need to create a new catgirl though
    Awwww, oh well, I'm fine with that. If the new cities are around, I was going to do so anyways : D