Thread: NCAA football

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mynameisjona View Post
    OK, what I'm saying is that you can sit there and pout that it was an illegitimate game all you want or you can take it for what it is and start looking at the remaining bowls/next season
    all i am saying is MSU is still > UofM =P.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    all i am saying is MSU is still > UofM =P.
    Yus! Go Spartans! (note I have family from both sides)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    Yus! Go Spartans! (note I have family from both sides)
    33-30
    63-60

seriously, what is it with Spartan nailbiter games in the past couple days?

And all I'm trying to say Is the Cowboys suck and Jerry Jones needs brain surgery.

October 20th

Prepare yourself

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    And all I'm trying to say Is the Cowboys suck and Jerry Jones needs brain surgery.
    AGREED!

10...well you know...

seriously, what is it with Spartan nailbiter games in the past couple days?
    ugh. Let me listen to my dad (MSU) talk about that for the next entire day when I see him.

15+ Year Old Account
    October 20th

Prepare yourself
    to face Denard " I can't run or throw against solid defenses " Robinson? pfft please. we got most our defense coming back. Denard probably still having nightmares about Gholston...

We'll see. Just wait for an epic game next year

10+ Year Old Account
    Great, so Michigan beats an annually incredibly overrated ACC team, wins a bowl it shouldn't have been in, and these wonderful signs come up

http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/B...384/343926.jpg

Great, now to endure UM fan's shit for the next 8 months...
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

We can make those kinds of signs because Spartan fans bitch so much that we shouldn't have been in that bowl. The longer MSU fans bitch about that then the longer we can make signs like that that actually mean something

Get off it and it's over

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    The Georgia game made me sadface... I blame the commentators at half time for saying they thought it was a lost cause for Michigan St... /sigh
    I am having flashbacks to the vikings vs lions game early this season, at halftime vikings were up huge...announcer says "well this one is pretty much over, lions have to look at this poor performance and move on"

I was like "OH GOD NO DON'T SAY THAT!" then of course the vikings lost.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    Great, so Michigan beats an annually incredibly overrated ACC team, wins a bowl it shouldn't have been in, and these wonderful signs come up

http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/B...384/343926.jpg

Great, now to endure UM fan's shit for the next 8 months...
    As a UofM fan, you will get no shit from me sir. MSU beat a better team in their bowl. MSU beat UofM this season. Those fans are morons. Sparty is the better team right now.

---------- Post added 2012-01-04 at 10:05 AM ----------

We can make those kinds of signs because Spartan fans bitch so much that we shouldn't have been in that bowl. The longer MSU fans bitch about that then the longer we can make signs like that that actually mean something

Get off it and it's over
    It isn't Spartan fans bitching about that bowl, it is everyone in the entire country. Michigan won nothing this year. The best win was probably the Nebraska game, another overrated team. Michigan didn't deserve that bowl at all compared to the other top 14 teams that were passed over. Then again the same argument can be made for VT who lost every tough game they played which was only two and both of those were to Clemson. The Sugar Bowl was 100% determined by ticket sales and tv ratings, not who deserved to be there, and everyone who doesn't admit that must be nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    It isn't Spartan fans bitching about that bowl, it is everyone in the entire country. Michigan won nothing this year. The best win was probably the Nebraska game, another overrated team. Michigan didn't deserve that bowl at all compared to the other top 14 teams that were passed over. Then again the same argument can be made for VT who lost every tough game they played which was only two and both of those were to Clemson. The Sugar Bowl was 100% determined by ticket sales and tv ratings, not who deserved to be there, and everyone who doesn't admit that must be nuts.
    Well you know if you ask any VT player they will tell you that there are only two quarters in a game -_-

Also Jona... you don't have to have feet on the ground for it to count. He had control of the ball and he bounced out. You can see that even on the EPSN recap of the game. It should have counted.

15+ Year Old Account
    As a UofM fan, you will get no shit from me sir. MSU beat a better team in their bowl. MSU beat UofM this season. Those fans are morons. Sparty is the better team right now.

---------- Post added 2012-01-04 at 10:05 AM ----------

thank you for admitting as much. and as much as it pains me to do this, i respect the growth that michigan has committed this year, however i don't think Denard Robinson is all he is cracked up to be. if i was michigan i would be looking for a new QB personally. that said, good win, Michigan hung in there and pulled it out of its hat.

thank you for admitting as much. and as much as it pains me to do this, i respect the growth that michigan has committed this year, however i don't think Denard Robinson is all he is cracked up to be. if i was michigan i would be looking for a new QB personally. that said, good win, Michigan hung in there and pulled it out of its hat.
    Yeah Michigan grew alot this year, defensively for sure. Shoelace is a fine QB for the level he is playing at. He is still faster than most defenses he plays against, and he isn't asked to throw in too many pressure situations (though we see what happens when he does). He will find a place in the NFL though, on the merits of his speed alone. Looking forward to a OSU/UM game next year with a matured Braxton Miller!
    My hunter is the genetic love child of Liam Neeson, the Dos Equis guy and Chuck Norris. You lose.

<broken image snip>

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuadu View Post
    Yeah Michigan grew alot this year, defensively for sure. Shoelace is a fine QB for the level he is playing at. He is still faster than most defenses he plays against, and he isn't asked to throw in too many pressure situations (though we see what happens when he does). He will find a place in the NFL though, on the merits of his speed alone. Looking forward to a OSU/UM game next year with a matured Braxton Miller!
    i have to disagree, everytime Shoelace met a team with a decent defense his run game got stiffed, and his throwing selection is subpar, he really needs to work on this passing game if he really wants to be a Quality QB.

I admit it as well however I'm not gonna dwell on it. It's over and done with and we need to move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Well you know if you ask any VT player they will tell you that there are only two quarters in a game -_-

Also Jona... you don't have to have feet on the ground for it to count. He had control of the ball and he bounced out. You can see that even on the EPSN recap of the game. It should have counted.
    I'm sorry but he trapped the ball. It was quite clear he didn't have control when the ball hit the ground

Devin Gardner man. He's amazing and combined with Denard and Toussaint we will have a very scary and versatile offense next year

i have to disagree, everytime Shoelace met a team with a decent defense his run game got stiffed, and his throwing selection is subpar, he really needs to work on this passing game if he really wants to be a Quality QB.
    His athleticism and speed will get him an NFL spot. He's almost identical to Michael Vick but faster

I don't think he "needs" to though. If you took last years run first, pass second Shoelace and put him with this years defense they might have been the ones playing Oregon. To compete at this level he has everything he needs already. I think he attempted the traditional..."ok I showed I'm a freak athlete one year and ran alot, now let me show them I'm a passer too" transition and it shows that is not his strength. If Michigan plays to his strengths, he will do alot better and he will once again take advantage, passing wise, of defenses worried about his running. I believe they got away from that this year.

---------- Post added 2012-01-04 at 03:26 PM ----------

His athleticism and speed will get him an NFL spot. He's almost identical to Michael Vick but faster
    He will get an NFL spot but I don't think it will be as a qb. I could be wrong, but I see him being utilized as a Percy Harvin type of a player, or Cobb.
    My hunter is the genetic love child of Liam Neeson, the Dos Equis guy and Chuck Norris. You lose.

<broken image snip>

I'm sorry but he trapped the ball. It was quite clear he didn't have control when the ball hit the ground
    The ball wasn't moving at all, it didn't hit the ground and he never lost it. Idk how that equates to he didn't have control of the ball.

---------- Post added 2012-01-04 at 03:34 PM ----------

Ugh and Mike Vick... him and his brother are two of my biggest football heartbreaks... so much potential so wasted.