Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Little help please. Boot camp

(First part is a bit of fluff, all true but not important at all)

So i'm having a bit of a bad run.

I downloaded swtOr on my laptop. The laptop passed away.
    I (paid somebody) to reformat my laptop.
    Re-downloaded swtOr and it ran really, really bad (4 year old laptop)

I though, you know what. I'm a gunna' do me a bit of reading up and just boot camp my mac with windows.
    So I grabbed my hat and went down to the local computer shop, handed over my hard earned (not really, my job is pretty easy) money and went home with a copy of windows 7.

I par-tit-ioned my mac, with great fear, but low and behold the sonbitch worked!

I grabbed my freshly delivered copy of swtOr, threw it into the computer and loaded the round prick up!
    It seemed to work.

Until I tried to start playing.

(Read from here)

I've loaded swtOr onto bootcamp. I'm pretty sure the bootcamp works fine.
    I log in.
    Get to the loading screen... then nothing.
    boots me right out of the game.
    I've tried everything! From yelling at the screen to grabbing a beer from the fridge.
    Now I'm starting to run out of beer.

Anybody have any ideas?
    (I have no computer skills what so even. I nearly re-ordered a battery today because I didn't have the right power cord in the wall... it took me about 25 minutes to work out that little doozie)

Also some prick stole my wow account... 7 years of playing and this is the first time it has ever happen... also the first time I've ever had a good amount of gold 2!

I run SWToR on my mac via Windows 7&bootcamp just fine. I'm thinking it could be one of two things, but I'm not totally sure. 1) Is your Windows up to date with updates and the service pack? 2) When you partitioned did you give it enough room? If you don't think it's either of those try uninstalling and reinstalling the game? Hope you figure it out!

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah same problem still.

When I log in. It starts downloading the updates (for tor) then speeds through the last part. (each time i try again it has a little less to download before then before)

Yea I am at a loss on that one as well

If it was that you didn't partition enough space you would likely be getting an error. Are you getting any kind of error at all or does it just close down?

Reinstall the game again. When you did the Bootcamp assistant how much disk space did you give it or did you select "Divide equally." Also, did you load the windows drivers from your installation disk of your Mac? I had the same issue and it was the installation that went wrong and i had to reinstall. Ket us know how it goes.