Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Closed SRP] The Mists of Valxxanar

In one of their final acts, the tattered remnants of the Scourge had dug up the Necropolis Valxxanar, the Plagued Wind, to assault Stormwind. To their regret, it was spotted by the Forsaken and quickly shot down. Attempting to get back to Northrend, it lays half submerged, on top of an underwater mountain, far out in the North Sea. But strange mists have been emanating from its corpse. The Sea surrounding it has become volatile; fierce storms have brewed over it; wildlife has become corrupted. None know what horror the Scourge had planned for Stormwind, but it could not have been good. In a strange turn of circumstances, both the Royal Apothecary Society and the SI:7, behind their leaders' backs have decided to send adventurers to determine and neutralize the threat. The Alliance sends Charles Huntson, a Gilnean, and the Forsaken sends Acnoctus Shadowspire, an undead high elf. Both of them seek companions for the trek. They have posted notices in both of their respecitve factions' capitals and have agreed to meet off the western coast of Silverpine Forest. Though the two factions hate eachother, they realize they have to work together to ensure the safety of Azeroth. After the Cataclysm, any further damage to the world would be bad for both sides, after all.

~~~

Charles leaned against a tree near the beach, staring out towards the gray, misty waters. So much mystery to this assignment. And so many potential items of worth for the looting. It was a shame SI:7 had to involve the Forsaken, especially that Commander Shadowspire, third and last son of the Lightspire family of Quel'Thalas. This wouldn't be as easy. But then again, he always did enjoy a good challenge. Smiling softly, he wondered where the representatives of the R.A.S. were and when they would arrive. He was patient, but he was looking forward to getting underway.

Meanwhile, Acnoctus stood in the fortifications of the Forsaken Rear Guard, waiting for those who were commissioned to aid him on this journey. He had heard some rumors about this... Huntson. He was a slippery little bastard. He frowned, annoyed at the tardiness of his troops. Maliciously, he hoped that Huntson was having difficulties with his people too. The sooner they solve this mystery, the sooner he could cut the human filth down.

~~~

((Remember, the character list is as follows)

Horde Characters:
    -Acnoctus
    -Aland
    -Thedelion
    -Valine
    -Vonduke

Alliance Characters:
    -Charles
    -Ryan
    -Ellyse
    -Hector
    -Azriel

((Happy Roleplaying!))

10+ Year Old Account
    After a few hours of dodging Forsaken patrols, Ryan arrived on the beach. This far past any of the Forsaken out-posts stealth wasn't really necessary. So he took to his favorite past time, reading. This time a recently purchased ancient tome from the Explorers Guild, Mythology of the Titans. He wasn't sure why but a sudden interest in the Titans had struck him. Ryan packed light for this voyage; a few poisons, potions, tools, daggers (both thrown and standard), food and only three books. The combined forces of SI:7 and the Royal Apothecary Society, he didn't expect this scourge infestation to last long. However this Charles was a mystery. Ryan was no longer in SI:7 so he wasn't privy to all new personal but suffice to say he hadn't been there too long.

Soon enough he saw a man he believed to be Charles out of the corner of his eye while reading about Eonar. However it seemed this man had not with SI:7 long, as he suspected, since he wore no article of clothing or thread to prove otherwise. However he was in a full set of obviously uniquely crafted hardened leather armor. Throwing daggers, a set of matching daggers, long sword and a bow with a surprising amount of arrows. He walked up slowly and leaned against a tree a few feet away without a word. Underneath his cloak he quietly drew a dagger with his left hand while his read still held his book aloft. "So then, either this is a very strange happenstance. Two very alive human assassins happening to meet on a desolate beach deep in Forsaken lands. Or you must be Charles." Still calm as the air surrounding them, Ryan clutched his dagger waiting for this man's response.

((Ah alrighty syn. I didn't check the sign up recently and was too excited to post to not see Noxvari up there but now I am a bit sad, oh well maybe next time. I'll just have Aland enter in my next post then. Also pun intended above ^.^))
    Last edited by Nonfictionless; 2012-03-14 at 07:06 AM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    ( I'm not in this RP, Nonfic, so Aland will be alone. )

Deleted
    After a long journey on a hawkstrider a zeplin and on a boat valine finally arrived in silverphine forest, it was not very long ago she was here. Going through the dark forest she could see the changes the forsaken made to their territory. Getting closer to heir destination she looked on the letter again. "So we have to work with the alliance..." Hearing her voice you could hear she didn't really like it. Even she have worked with some people that related with the alliance she never trusted them.

Entering the beach where she had to meet her contact she looked around where he could be and then she spotted a forsaken camp. Getting of her hawkstrider and left it behind by the stablemaster of that camp she walked through the camp. Spotting a undead high elf she approached him. "That must be the person i have to met" Before talking with him she looked again on the letter, he had to be named Acnoctus Shadowspire. Hello i am Valine Dawnreaver i am suppose u are Acnoctus Shadowspire the person we had to meet here for the journey to the chrashed Necropolis Valxxanar? Introduced her self she waited for his awnser

Azrie winced as her pack smashed against her side for the umpteenth time. She had, against her best wishes and common sense, decided to travel light, at least for her.
    Wearing fairly light chainmail as opposed to her typical full plate, she carried her rifle slung across her back, her sword at her side, and besides a knapsack filled with essentials, a large toolbox filled with various other tools. She had managed a ride from the Hinterlands from the dwarves, a gryphon was quieter than her gyrocopter, though more obnoxious to ride in her opinion.

It had taken her a few miles from the rendezvous area. Where she had taken a slightly roundabout route, not sure whether she were to run into a forsaken ambush or a pack of feral worgen at any point. She was fortunate enough to find neither, but every sound she heard, especially her own, continuously gave her the feeling of a potential attack. Reaching the shore, she finally saw a pair of what looked to be humans leaning against a tree, standing off where they could see her, she dropped her toolbox, opening it and pulling out a bright blue grenade, in the case that things did go sour, and said, as quietly as she could while being able to have them hear her, "Oi, either of you hire a bodyguard?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Ellyse’s feet hurt. She had been walking for days, since before she left Arathi, and it was reflected in her foul mood as well as her feet. The last stretch has been the worst; tramping through the forest, her massive pack bowing her slight frame, dodging the increasingly frequent Forsaken patrols as well as the numerous beasts lurking in the forests. She had long since decided the worst thing was the smell; the cloying sent of decay that seemed to cling to whatever land the undead -‘freewilled’ or Scourge- claimed. Yesterday she had been forced to walk even farther, miles out of her way, to avoid a contingent of Deathstalkers who were apparently trying to eradicate the feral worgen from a large section of forest. Now she was running late and was forced to break cover and jog along the exposed, rocky shore in order to make up time. Of course caution won out over punctuality and she melted back into the shadow of the trees as she approached the designated meeting place.

Unmoving, barely breathing, Ellyse watched the two men on the beach while staying carefully hidden in the undergrowth. She was just close enough of catch snatches of what was said. She distinctly heard the one with the book say ‘Charles,’ but wasn’t sure if it was an introduction or an inquiry. Either way, she appeared to be in the right place. Now all she had to do was decide how she wanted to play this, something she still hadn’t settled on during all those days of travel. SI:7 hired me for this job; they’ll have to realize I’m not helpless, she thought to herself. Still, I’m not about to waltz up to a group of hired thugs with weapons drawn like that blithering idiot. She tried not to eye his book too hungrily.

Ellyse skulked in the shadows for a few more moments, watched a gnome join the men, and tried and failed to catch any more of what was said. Finally she decided, Hell, I might as well take the usual approach, you never know where a wild streak of good nature might lurk. And if nothing else it’ll keep them guessing. Straitening up, she used her good hand to ruffle her red hair, exacerbating its already disheveled appearance and added a smudge of dirt to her cheek for good measure. She abandoned her usually cat-like tread and stomped through the brush so loud that anyone not half-deaf would have heard her. As soon as she was in full view of the two men, large small spread across her face and she gave a tiny gasp of joy, “Oh, thank goodness!" she practically gushed in her highest, most child-like voice, “I was so scared I had gotten lost!”

Ellyse stumbled toward them, beaming, and released her gigantic pack to slide heavily to the ground. She managed not to wince at the faint sound of tinkling glass. She sank to the ground after it, releasing a large sigh of relief. She looked back up at them suddenly, her face frightened and on the verge of tears, “One of you is Charles Huntson, right?” she implored in a quavering tone, her yellowish-green eyes large and pleading, Right?
    Last edited by Istella; 2012-03-14 at 07:03 PM.
    The Light does not abandon its champions...

~My RP Characters~

Charles' eyes darted around, making a quick appraisal of this man as he spoke. He was definitely rougeish, garbed in his cloak. He also revealed but one arm, which held a book. He could be holding a knife under that cloth. Of course, even if he did have a hidden blade, the worgen did not think it likely that the man would really attack; after all, he WAS the man this nameless rogue was looking for. Giving him a bright smile and extending a hand, the assassin said, "Aye, I'm Charles. What business do you have here in Silverpine, eh?".

Before the man could give an answer, A gnome interrupted. Turning towards her, Charles first noticed the mail armor and the rifle slung behind her. Then, the grenade in her hand. Unlike his still-nameless friend, she did not leave her "just in case" procautions to possibility an for her potential enemy. She was direct. An obvious warrior... or considering her wording, a mercenary. "My superiors did, yes. I can only assume you are here for the same reason my friend is."

Once again, they were interrupted. This time by a woman in leather ((I presume. We're about to go on a mission after all. It would be weird for her to be in civilian clothing.)) stomping her way over to them. At first glances she was dirty, as if she was unacustomed to travel. She seemed bubbly and naieve. But considering that nobody has gone to the western coast in months, she was here for the mission. Considering it was a high priority mission, if she was like this normally, SI:7 wouldn't have even glanced her way when they were recruiting. No, this was either an outright facade, or some poor girl would be having the worst day of her life in the next couple moments. But hell, he decided to play along. "Don't fret, dear. I'm Charles." reassured the assassin, with a smile on his face, "And what are you doing in such a dangerous place like this, hmm?"

Thedelion rode his Warstrider through the underbrush, making sure his sword was loose in it's sheath. It wouldn't do his comrades any good if he were caught unawares in some Light-forsaken wood, mauled to death by an undead bear.

He eventually made it to the Forsaken Rear Guard, the established meeting point. He searched for the other members of his mission. Spying a dark-looking undead elf, Thedelion thought, "Well, he must be it."

Approaching the elf, Thedelion gave a traditional Thalassian greeting. "Sinu a'manore. You must be Commander Acnoctus Shadowspire." He dismounted, went into a low bow, and presented himself. "I am Thedelion Dawnbreaker, one of the few remaining Spell-breakers. I have been asked to accompany you on this journey." He smiled grimly, then put his hand out to offer a handshake.

10+ Year Old Account
    A smile spread across Ellyse’s features, as sweet and innocent as she could make it, while she sized him up behind her teary eyes. He was smiling, though with a complete stranger it’s harder to tell when the expression is genuine or not; part of the reason she prefers to stalk her marks for at least a few days. Despite his smile and reassuring tone, his question makes her wary; either he isn't fully convinced yet or he already knows what she’s up to. Either way, she decided to see how this plays out and repeats in the same happy tone as before, “Oh, thank goodness!"

In answer to his question, Ellyse’s eyes got large and excited. Babbling happily, she said, “Oh! I was hired to come help you with the Scourge by-” she cut off abruptly, threw an apprehensive glance over her shoulder into the woods and continued in a soft, conspiratorial tone that a child might use when playing with something they know they shouldn’t, “SI:7.”
    Last edited by Istella; 2012-03-15 at 11:48 AM.

~My RP Characters~

10+ Year Old Account
    Ryan held his tounge as others arrived. He sheathed his dagger without care to suppress the noise it made against the sheath. He examined the two new arrivals with a vary look. He was a mercenary himself but the look of this mail clad female was not always something he enjoyed. Sure his best friend was a plate wearing brute but one of the reasons he agreed to help SI:7 on this particular case was because he missed the subtly and quiet work of a honest rogue. But for now he could endure.

He couldn't help but roll his eyes at the next female though. Obviously masking her true skill with a "innocent child" act. Purposefully stomping through the forest, he sighed mentally, she should of began much further off. These woods are much quieter than the ones she is used. And sure the innocent child routine was great...for a child, but I hope she shows more skill than this.

He paused from his book and interrupted their all too cheery conversation. Extending his white gloved hand towards Charles, "Ryan Tate."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aland shifted his weight as the bat he was riding took a steep decent towards the roost at the Rear Guard. Maybe not the fiercest fighters, these bats, but he found them to be much better fliers than the gyrphons of the Alliance. He dismounted and waited as the bat clutched at it's post and then unstrapped his pack from the saddle.

It had been awhile sense he got to slaughter some good old scourge and Aland was happy to be on this mission. It was just a stroke of luck that his daughter had heard of it from her superiors in the Society. It didn't take him long to spot Acnoctus. They had met a few times through Noxvari but not much more. He waited as an elven spell-breaker, Dawnbreaker he thought he heard, introduced himself. "Commander Acnoctus, nice to see you again. I've come to lend my aid."
    Last edited by Nonfictionless; 2012-03-15 at 03:03 PM.

The death knight nodded at the rogue, saying, "This is correct, yes. and nothing more, as yet another elf was closing in on him. Acnoctus looked over the spell-breaker. He seemed to be compent enough. Not nearly as polite as the spell-breaker, Though he was pleased this one addressed him with his proper title, Acnoctus merely nodded in both greeting and affirmation of his identity, staying away from any formal or even casual greetings in their common tongue, though caving in and giving the elf a quick, rough handshake. "Good. Hopefully the rest will be here shortly. I don't want SI:7 doing anything they would regret..."

A third man came up to him, this one he was a bit more familiar with. A former paladin, brought down to undeath by Noxvari, Acnoctus'... friend with benefits. "Excellent." said the death knight, taking an envelope from his pack, opening it, and reading the message inside. "It seems that we are missing one more member, and then we can get this over with."

~~~

Charles smirked inwardly. So he was right, on both counts. He could hear the 'snik' of a dagger being placed back into its sheath from beneath the cloak of the man with the book, and the girl's affirmation that SI:7 had sent her proved her to be a charlatan. Standing up, he gave Ryan a good, firm handshake and a nod before addressing the girl in front of him in a tone that was fitting for an officer in the armed forces conversing with a recruit. "You can drop the act, nobody's buying it. SI:7 wouldn't have hired you if you were normally this... ditzy and innocent. What's your name?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Ellyse didn’t miss the expression on the face of the man who introduced himself as Tate. He did not speak to her directly but it was obvious he wasn’t biting. Perhaps this setting was what made it so far-fetched; she could pull it off flawlessly when in town. She scowled inwardly as his doubts only fueled a nagging concern that had been tugging at the back of her mind for some time; that she was getting a bit too old for her usual methods. By all means, she was still quite young for her profession and her short stature, abundance of freckles, and decidedly boyish figure surely helped to enhance the illusion, but all of that didn’t change the fact that her feigned innocence seemed to be becoming less and less compelling.

Huntson’s next words broke into her musing and Ellyse’s pale eyes snapped back to him. Damn, he’s not biting either, she thought to herself and barely kept the cold anger she felt from appearing on her face. Annoyed, she decided to not lay it on as thick as she had been but to still keep up the act- just to spite the two of them if nothing else. Gathering all her skills as an experienced con-artist, Ellyse carefully arranged her face into an expression that was just the right mixture of innocence and indignation and spoke in the same childish voice as before, “I’m not ditzy!”

Ellyse sniffled and wished once again that she could manage to squeeze at least one actual tear out but of course, none came. She spoke softly in a hurt tone when she added, “And my name is Ellyse.”

~My RP Characters~

Ellyse. Ellyse, Ellyse, Ellyse... Yep, she was on the list. Dissapointing. But... she was the last one to arrive. Ignoring her antics in the hopes of spoiling whatever reason she continued her charade, Charles turned back to the other two and back out to sea. The weather was changing. "The fog is thickening. Those Forsaken had better be quick to get here." Charles returned to the tree and leaned against it once more, arms crossed, gazing out at the sea in the direction where the necropolis lay. "I wonder what we're going to find out there..."

Azrie gives a quick nod as she shoves her grenade into a pouch on her belt. As the small group of humans began to gather, she pulls a pair of goggles from another pouch, pulling them over her eyes. She glances at each of them in turn, she sighs quietly as she does so, looks like working with humans only. "Working with the undead and running into scourge, I assume very morbid business, probably will end up with nightmares for several weeks, or at least some fun stories, depending on how squeamish you are." she comments as she looks over the ocean. After a moment, she realizes something, she picks up her toolbox, walks over to the apparent leader and pulls out an oil-stained and partially tattered sheet of paper. Handing it to him, she says, " Right, I should introduce myself, Azriel Blastcap Tremorfist at your service, marksgnome, demolitionist, and engineer, here are my credentials."
    Last edited by Requiemcliff; 2012-03-17 at 04:42 PM.

((So Tovarish doesn't seem to want to join in anymore. Anyone care to hop in in his stead? We need a Horde character.))

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    ( That's my cue! )

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    ( Actually, changed my mind after thinking about it for a sec, too much going on right now for me. :X )

( I can bring Shardin if you like. I'll already be lurking when I wake up tommorow and try to find where I left my RP with Nonfic before life got hectic again. )

Thanks Elyaan for the Sig!