Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    When is the next season coming out? The writers of avatar always write in things what the viewers want to see :P (except Appa)
    I believe it is in about a month or so.

And what's wrong with Appa? He does plenty of talk!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    Trust me, she does
    Yeah, I trust you. I just don't really remember it at all. :|

Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    I thought she was introduced as his sister even in S1, I'm sure Ozai is like "Your brother Zuko is a failure blah blah"
    I know Azula is Zuko's sister. I just didn't know Azula was younger. (Search part 1 spoilers)I thought she was OLDER than Zuko since she was such a better firebender. Zuko was pathetic compared to her level. But NOW I guess it makes sense that she's the better bender even though she's younger, since Zuko doesn't have royal blood in him, he's just some common peasant lol, and Azula actually has pro blood in her.

---------- Post added 2013-03-28 at 06:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    (Warning - The Search Part 1 spoilers)
    Hmmm. This means is that Zuko's scar and banishment were nothing to do with him "speaking out" at the general's meeting.
    It's hard to say how Ozai reacted the moment after he found out Zuko wasn't his son. He either immediately exiled Ursa, or Ursa ran away on her own accord. I'm thinking that he threatened Ursa by telling her that if she didn't immediately leave the fire nation that very night, he would kill Zuko. Sounds like something he wouldn't mind doing after being lied to like that...he's ruthless as fuck, and Zuko isn't his son.
    It would also connect with the night Ursa left, she said "no matter what I will always love you" and left. Sounds like something a mother would say when faced with the situation of either staying and watching her son die, or leaving and hoping he would survive. She didn't exactly have a choice.

Azula was already born (she is 1-2 years younger than Zuko in canon), her father is almost certainly Ozai. The writers have made that insane/evil link between father and daughter obvious enough. So Zuko grew up in Ozai's care with him full-well knowing Zuko wasn't his son, eventually giving him the scar and banishing him. It appears Ozai respected Ursa not to go back on his promise on not killing Zuko, but he still was a jerk to him for his entire youth. It would also mean Ozai never had any plans make Zuko firelord after finding out that he wasn't of his blood, Azula was technically the heir all along, so he sent him on a wild goose chase for the avatar. Everything is connecting

What do you guys think?

Oh also I have no issues with this being comics instead of animation. As someone who has been reading manga for a long time, I value a comic 100% as much as I value the animated version. Pictures can put through just the same amount of emotion and impact, sometimes even more. Just like a well-written book, no movie adaptation can ever beat that because the human mind does an EXCELLENT job at filling in the blanks with glorious imagination
    Wtf are you talking about.

Ursa wasn't forced to leave right after Ozai found out. Zuko walks into his Mom as like a 3 year old kid in The Search when Ursa sends the letter. And when Ursa leaves in the anime Zuko is like 8.

Ozai found out and obviously kept Ursa and Zuko around for a while, at least until Ozai went to his Dad and said "I wanna be fire lord." Ursa didn't leave 'that very night' as you say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Wtf are you talking about.

Ursa wasn't forced to leave right after Ozai found out. Zuko walks into his Mom as like a 3 year old kid in The Search when Ursa sends the letter. And when Ursa leaves in the anime Zuko is like 8.

Ozai found out and obviously kept Ursa and Zuko around for a while, at least until Ozai went to his Dad and said "I wanna be fire lord." Ursa didn't leave 'that very night' as you say.
    Whoa you're right, Zuko was indeed a lot older. Hmm so Ozai simply kept that letter to himself and went along with things? Dammit, then we still don't know why Ursa left! Or at least, why she waited 5+ years to leave. And why she didn't simply take Zuko with her.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Whoa you're right, Zuko was indeed a lot older. Hmm so Ozai simply kept that letter to himself and went along with things? Dammit, then we still don't know why Ursa left! Or at least, why she waited 5+ years to leave. And why she didn't simply take Zuko with her.
    Well...It's assumed Ursa left because she killed Azulon and somehow made it so that Ozai succeeded him as Fire Lord, instead of Iroh. (Also, because Azulon was going to have Zuko killed (since Ozai didn't understand Iroh's pain of losing Luten).

Well...It's assumed Ursa left because she killed Azulon and somehow made it so that Ozai succeeded him as Fire Lord, instead of Iroh. (Also, because Azulon was going to have Zuko killed (since Ozai didn't understand Iroh's pain of losing Luten).
    That. And I don't think it's really a spoiler because it was pretty much was directly stated in the cartoon. Ozai was told for his arrogance in suggesting he should be the next Firelord he was ordered to kill Zuko. To save Zuko his mom made some deal with Ozai that saved Zuko's life and meant she had to disappear in the night. That same night the Firelord dies and "apparently" had said Ozai should be the next Firelord. WAY too many coincidences for it to be anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Killed Azulon? That honestly doesn't sound like something Ursa would do...sounds more like something Ozai would do himself, especially after Azulon's lecturing. Unless Ozai later told Ursa something like "Azulon is plotting to kill our son, go poison his food" or something? That would be so weird.
    I mean think about it this way, once Ozai had killed Azulon what reason was there for Ursa to leave? Nobody would be able to prove who killed Azulon, and he was the only threat to Zuko's life at that point. Ursa could have happily stayed.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-03-29 at 01:41 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    My biggest issue is that it would be something Ozai would have said right towards the end of Avatar to Zuko not in a comic.

EDIT: I'm sorry I can't accept the comic as canon whether it is or isn't, it defeats the entire Iroh and Zuko thing for me... I'm sorry I just can't.
    Hey everyone

Killed Azulon? That honestly doesn't sound like something Ursa would do...sounds more like something Ozai would do himself, especially after Azulon's lecturing. Unless Ozai later told Ursa something like "Azulon is plotting to kill our son, go poison his food" or something? That would be so weird.
    I mean think about it this way, once Ozai had killed Azulon what reason was there for Ursa to leave? Nobody would be able to prove who killed Azulon, and he was the only threat to Zuko's life at that point. Ursa could have happily stayed.
    Ozai probably had no problem with Ursa killing Azulon, but it's very likely that Ursa did it herself. "It doesn't sound like something she'd do" means nothing if it meant she could save Zuko. It also seems like the blame is 100% pinned on her since before she left Zuko she said "I did all this for you." She did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    it defeats the entire Iroh and Zuko thing for me... I'm sorry I just can't.
    I'm curious, I really don't get it. How does it defeat the Iroh/Zuko thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ozai probably had no problem with Ursa killing Azulon, but it's very likely that Ursa did it herself. "It doesn't sound like something she'd do" means nothing if it meant she could save Zuko. It also seems like the blame is 100% pinned on her since before she left Zuko she said "I did all this for you." She did it.

I'm curious, I really don't get it. How does it defeat the Iroh/Zuko thing?
    It just does, The Promise was horrible too, it threw all the character development out the door and it felt like I was reading about completely different characters. I'm not a big fan of Gene Yang.
    Hey everyone

People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

I think a lot of your are being fooled by that letter that may or may not be true.

It throws out a lot of the character development from the show if it is. I could be a trick from Azula or something else entirely. Why would a reveal that big come in Part 1 of a 3 part comic? Because it might be a ruse reveal.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    I think a lot of your are being fooled by that letter that may or may not be true.

It throws out a lot of the character development from the show if it is. I could be a trick from Azula or something else entirely. Why would a reveal that big come in Part 1 of a 3 part comic? Because it might be a ruse reveal.
    well they showed it in a flashback too so i wouldn't say it's azula's doing. plus big reveals like this are a good thing when they are in the beginning. they allow the character to respond to it and adapt in the next two volumes. also it wouldn't throw out any character development, if anything i can see it deepening it for example it explains why ozai was such a douche to zuko while iroh was so nice, because iroh tends to treat anyone like family (even toph)
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

10+ Year Old Account
    Loving all the long blocks of spoiler text on recent pages, really need to go find this new comic and see what the buzz is about, heh. Here's to hoping book 2 does come out soon!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranku View Post
    for example it explains why ozai was such a douche to zuko while iroh was so nice, because iroh tends to treat anyone like family (even toph)
    I doubt ozai went too iroh and told him zuko isnt his son for all we know iroh sees him as the royal prince
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

I was gonna say the exact same thing as Endonyx. I'm sure so and so doesn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by ranku View Post
    well they showed it in a flashback too so i wouldn't say it's azula's doing. plus big reveals like this are a good thing when they are in the beginning. they allow the character to respond to it and adapt in the next two volumes. also it wouldn't throw out any character development, if anything i can see it deepening it for example it explains why ozai was such a douche to zuko while iroh was so nice, because iroh tends to treat anyone like family (even toph)
    there was no flash back of ursa banging That dude
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Well. There WAS a flashback of Ursa writing the actual letter, I'm sure that's what ranku meant. But really, Azula could have switched that real letter with a fake one while she was alone in the room, is what everyone is sort of speculating. I personally do believe the letter is real, though. Kind of weird though since Ozai crushed the letter (I think) when he saw it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well. There WAS a flashback of Ursa writing the actual letter, I'm sure that's what ranku meant. But really, Azula could have switched that real letter with a fake one while she was alone in the room, is what everyone is sort of speculating. I personally do believe the letter is real, though. Kind of weird though since Ozai crushed the letter (I think) when he saw it.
    yes that was what i was referring to. also i think that ozai just crumpled it in rage at that moment. but i don't think he destroyed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

Yeah, it's very likely Ozai smoothed out the wrinkles from when he crumpled it, folded it up nicely, and walked over calmly to the secret room and placed it gently in the chest in the middle of his fire bending training.

/sarcasm if you didn't get it lol

Idk, I think it's the real letter, though.