Thread: Recount is dead

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Recount is dead

Since 9.2.7 recount doesn't seem to work for me. DPS gets stuck constantly. Latest version on Curse - is 6th May Mar or something. Is there fixed version or should I find replacement for addon, I have been using for more than 10 years?
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2022-09-05 at 11:25 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Why would you even use Recount anyway?

It's been incredibly inaccurate for a while now.

Use details. It's more accurate and updated.
    "...just imagine if we got a Drust focussed shadowlands instead of the 3d printed robot power tier titan horseshit instead. What might have been eh?" -dope_danny

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Ok, I know about Details. I've got used to Recount and thought, that there is fixed version somewhere. I don't need accuracy, because I mostly use to measure my own performance.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Since 9.2.7 recount doesn't seem to work for me. DPS gets stuck constantly. Latest version on Curse - is 6th May Mar or something. Is there fixed version or should I find replacement for addon, I have been using for more than 10 years?
    Why do you need a DPS meter in the first place my dude? Your own words here:

1) You don't raid.
    2) You don't do dungeons.
    3) You don't do rated PVP.

So what do you need a DPS meter for? At this point, it's literally just taking up your PC's resources for no reason.

7+ Year Old Account
    everybody i know uses details
    skada and recount are dead

Details is just better and more 'modern' addon.
    The sooner you forget about outdated Skada or Recount the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    Why do you need a DPS meter in the first place my dude? Your own words here:

1) You don't raid.
    2) You don't do dungeons.
    3) You don't do rated PVP.

So what do you need a DPS meter for? At this point, it's literally just taking up your PC's resources for no reason.
    Also this.
    The whole point of 'meter addons' or logs is to comapre with others.

Are we going to get a thred like this from you for every addon thats heading for the obsolete pile?

"bagnon is dead"
    "bartender is dead"

etc

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    So bloated tho. So many extra things and plugins and shit you don't need. Or at least was when i tried it ages ago

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    So bloated tho. So many extra things and plugins and shit you don't need. Or at least was when i tried it ages ago
    Every single extra plugin can be turned off, and even with all the bloat if you choose to keep it, it still runs smoother, more accurately and with less resources than the older ones.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Yeah, Details is a little bit complicated and bloated for average player, while Recount just worked out of the box. I've spent around hour to configure it properly. But, I guess, I have no choice.

An hour? You just click on the DPS option and it shows your DPS, what's the confusion?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    The whole point of 'meter addons' or logs is to comapre with others.
    thats one point,its also to compare with your own over time,or simply see differences in setups etc,seriously,whats with this narrowmind?

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    thats one point,its also to compare with your own over time,or simply see differences in setups etc,seriously,whats with this narrowmind?
    Because the guy who started this thread has proclaimed, in multiple threads, multiple times, that he doesn't do any content where your DPS matters. He doesn't raid. He doesn't do dungeons. He doesn't do rated PVP, or any PVP for that matter. He has no interest in improving. This man literally has 0 use for a DPS meter. He will not analyze his performance, because the content he is doing (Covenant Campaign quests & Zereth Mortis farming) is piss-easy difficulty that doesn't NEED you to improve.

Ignoring the elitist/casual flamebait, it's a real shame that Recount is dead. End of an era. I remember using it in vanilla.

I've been using Skada as I prefer its UI over Details, and it still works, but I guess we'll see if it's updated for 10.0.

Sunrise sunset, circle of life, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Yeah, Details is a little bit complicated and bloated for average player, while Recount just worked out of the box. I've spent around hour to configure it properly. But, I guess, I have no choice.
    How is clicking one button complicated and takes one hour?

Having just switched from Skada based on this thread, I can say it took me around 15 minutes to configure Details the way I like it, different fonts, bar sizes, bookmarks, autoswitching based on activity, etc, and installing/configuring a couple of plugins. Then I made one baseline profile, exported it to a text block, and logged onto each of my 11 alts in sequence to paste in new named profiles for them. All in all, this took maybe half an hour total. Not a big deal but not one button and walk away either, for me anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    use skada, drop in replacement for recount, without all the unpleasant complexities from details

Skada was last updated in 2020, that's why I just switched myself. I do still prefer it.